ADVERTISEMENT

Feldman on Leach-Houston rumors...

britton ransford

Hall Of Fame
Oct 23, 2012
Bruce Feldman of FOX Sports was on Sports Radio KJR today and when asked about the Mike Leach to Houston rumors, he said he would be "very surprised" if the Cougars' head coach went that route. Feldman, in New York for an awards ceremony, which I hear Leach and Moos are also attending, spoke to Leach today regarding the ABC13 Houston report.

"Spoke to Leach. Has no idea where the #Houston rumors started," Feldman tweeted moments ago. "'I'm very happy at #WashingtonState and plan on being there for a very long time."

I had a chance to chat with David Nuno, the Houston-based reporter who originally reported Leach's interest in the job, and he indicated to me that he heard, through a source close to Leach, that should Houston reach out to Leach or his agent, Leach would listen. He also says that Leach is likely at the top of their list, but there's no sense that he'll even sniff out the Houston opening.

Essentially, should Leach be approached by Houston, he'd answer the phone, but there's no chance that he leaves Washington State for Houston, as I reported last night and was then confirmed by Washington State SID Bill Stevens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News