ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Apple River Nik Miu verdict

BleedCrimsonandGray

Hall Of Fame
Oct 2, 2007
Anyone else follow this?

I just saw this come across my news feed. There are some things that aren't sitting well with me:

A juror spoke to the press and stated the following -

The jury had no definitive proof of who initially struck who, but assigned guilt to the defendant.
The jury based their decision partly on the fact that the defendant didn't simply run away after being assaulted - Wisc is not a duty to retreat state.
The jury began deliberations with a guilty verdict already in hand, the only discussion was whether it was with intent or not and there were actually 3 jurors who argued for intent.

I do have sympathy for the family of the young man, but these kids were drunk and stoned and behaving like pack animals and then play the victim when the cornered animal fights back. The kid who filmed the incident CONTINUED to film himself and started screaming "is this real life?" while his friends were dying, further demonstrating the complete and total disconnect from reality these kids have. (remember the actual pedophile Rittenhouse shot calling out for a medic like he was playing a video game?)

Obviously I have an opinion, but I am open for discussion on this case as maybe I don't have all the facts, thought its not from a lack of trying to find them.

Anyone else follow this?

I just saw this come across my news feed. There are some things that aren't sitting well with me:

A juror spoke to the press and stated the following -

The jury had no definitive proof of who initially struck who, but assigned guilt to the defendant.
The jury based their decision partly on the fact that the defendant didn't simply run away after being assaulted - Wisc is not a duty to retreat state.
The jury began deliberations with a guilty verdict already in hand, the only discussion was whether it was with intent or not and there were actually 3 jurors who argued for intent.

I do have sympathy for the family of the young man, but these kids were drunk and stoned and behaving like pack animals and then play the victim when the cornered animal fights back. The kid who filmed the incident CONTINUED to film himself and started screaming "is this real life?" while his friends were dying, further demonstrating the complete and total disconnect from reality these kids have. (remember the actual pedophile Rittenhouse shot calling out for a medic like he was playing a video game?)

Obviously I have an opinion, but I am open for discussion on this case as maybe I don't have all the facts, thought its not from a lack of trying to find them.
I had never heard of this case until now but I Googled the video. The punks ridiculed him then repeatedly shoved him down into the water. I would have felt in danger. So I agree with your assessment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT