ADVERTISEMENT

Ran Across my old WSU frosh materials

SCglory

Hall Of Fame
Dec 19, 2003
My brother and I are in the process of cleaning out mom's house, as she is in assisted living. Seems like we all go through this. Anyway, going through these old boxes, and she had saved a lot of my "Welcome to WSU" materials from 1974, including the instructions on attending the KS game....link

There was my whole rush ticket and schedule/itinerary, materials from the Registrar, etc. Very cool to see all those materials again. Brought back a lot of fond memories.

SC you were moving in just as I was moving out. I can still see the campus in my rear view mirror as I was heading west out of town. Always will be a special place for me.

Arrived in 1955 and left in 1959 with a degree from Washington State College (last class before it became WSU).

An attorney I used to know, a UW grad, loved to refer to WSU as WSC whenever we got together. He's probably rolling in his grave right now over WSU's getting a med school. Bring on the law school! Let's keep him rolling!

My brother and I are in the process of cleaning out mom's house, as she is in assisted living. Seems like we all go through this. Anyway, going through these old boxes, and she had saved a lot of my "Welcome to WSU" materials from 1974, including the instructions on attending the KS game....link

There was my whole rush ticket and schedule/itinerary, materials from the Registrar, etc. Very cool to see all those materials again. Brought back a lot of fond memories.

Wow, a lot of empty seats in the stadium. I blame Leach!

An attorney I used to know, a UW grad, loved to refer to WSU as WSC whenever we got together. He's probably rolling in his grave right now over WSU's getting a med school. Bring on the law school! Let's keep him rolling!
Then maybe WSU can have it's own Mike Hunsinger, a high priced attorney, to keep players from getting convicted and to stay eligible. Of course, we would need our own prosecuting attorney like Norm Maleng as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: YakiCoug
SC you were moving in just as I was moving out. I can still see the campus in my rear view mirror as I was heading west out of town. Always will be a special place for me.

Whenever I leave Pullman following a game or just a regular visit, my eyes always are drawn to the rear view mirror to replay the same moment you experienced. But I also hear my kids' voices from their early years. "Goodbye, Butch! Goodbye Pullman's trees!" And, yes, the eyes get a bit teary.
43871a9bf80e9878a2c1426eaccc8f92.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT