ADVERTISEMENT

Very interesting insights about Chun from Ian, on the Baldfaced truth...

Their costs are also substantially higher for travel. Not only real costs but hidden costs (huge challenge to overcome especially for non rev athletes flying commercial). They are going to have to make up that delta with revenue sports who are likely to perform at a mediocre level because of the financial disparity between them and their conference foes. In short, they are set up to fail, and they probably will.
UW will make 51 mil (30 mil + 21 mil cfp share) the first year going to 56 mil by the last year of the current contract. After the current contract is up estimates are around 80-100 mil per year. You guys act like there was not already disparity between programs - yet somehow we made the the cfp in 2016 and the national championship this past season. While Udub might not be on the level of Ohio State and Michigan, they will still be one of the big brands of the B1G and are well positioned to be a part of the upcoming super league.

UW will make 51 mil (30 mil + 21 mil cfp share) the first year going to 56 mil by the last year of the current contract. After the current contract is up estimates are around 80-100 mil per year. You guys act like there was not already disparity between programs - yet somehow we made the the cfp in 2016 and the national championship this past season. While Udub might not be on the level of Ohio State and Michigan, they will still be one of the big brands of the B1G and are well positioned to be a part of the upcoming super league.
Bigger than who? Seriously, put uw on a spectrum of B1G schools. You're in the middle. You're nowhere near third place behind Michigan and tOSU. And everyone except Oregon is getting full shares.

Reactions: Coug90
This reads as if you’re desperately trying to believe.

Bigger than who? Seriously, put uw on a spectrum of B1G schools. You're in the middle. You're nowhere near third place behind Michigan and tOSU. And everyone except Oregon is getting full shares.
You live in a land of delusion where somehow we were better off taking half as much as will we be making so we could continue to pay your welfare. Thinking we will be Rutgers, Maryland, Purdue, etc. in football is hilarious. History (recent and not) suggests you will be wrong yet again.

Your math checks out…and still substantially less than Purdue, Indiana, Rutgers, etc. so thank you for proving my point. Meanwhile for 20 or so sports travel spend will be 5-10X of those programs, not to mention added fatigue and stress on athletes. It won’t be bad for football…charters with a few extra hours of travel time each way 6 times a season. It will be awful for non Rev athletes, particularly in the winter when flights are frequently delayed/canceled.

Look at revenue, advantages and disadvantages as it relates to your immediate surroundings. This is a giant step in the wrong direction as opposed to keeping the PAC together and building with better leadership.

This reads as if you’re desperately trying to believe.

You sure it's not the endless threads of senile old men making up scrap heap conferences for WSU to join?

I don't need to believe, because UW made the right move leaving the dumpster fire Pac 12 - just as WSU would have also done if anyone actually wanted them.

You live in a land of delusion where somehow we were better off taking half as much as will we be making so we could continue to pay your welfare. Thinking we will be Rutgers, Maryland, Purdue, etc. in football is hilarious. History (recent and not) suggests you will be wrong yet again.
Me wondering if Rutgers, Maryland, or Purdue ever went 0-12 🤔

Reactions: Wazzubrooz
Your math checks out…and still substantially less than Purdue, Indiana, Rutgers, etc. so thank you for proving my point. Meanwhile for 20 or so sports travel spend will be 5-10X of those programs, not to mention added fatigue and stress on athletes. It won’t be bad for football…charters with a few extra hours of travel time each way 6 times a season. It will be awful for non Rev athletes, particularly in the winter when flights are frequently delayed/canceled.

Look at revenue, advantages and disadvantages as it relates to your immediate surroundings. This is a giant step in the wrong direction as opposed to keeping the PAC together and building with better leadership.

We were already making less than all of those teams and have been far more successful.

Football is the only sport that matters because it pays all the bills. If a softball or soccer player doesn't want to travel then they should transfer. This is a business.

Once USC and UCLA left the conference was DEAD

This too.

We were already making less than all of those teams and have been far more successful.

Football is the only sport that matters because it pays all the bills. If a softball or soccer player doesn't want to travel then they should transfer. This is a business.

And again.

Have you thought about getting out of bed, taking a shower then perhaps taking a long walk to gain perspective?

Not in your own conference.

Penn State, Ohio State, and Michigan pack their 100K seat stadiums when Tennessee Chatenooga comes to town. UW can’t fill their stadium with a metro population of 3M when a top 15 non conf team visits. You are a lot closer to Rutgers, Purdue, and Indiana than you think.

Me wondering if Rutgers, Maryland, or Purdue ever went 0-12 🤔

Me knowing that outside of Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State no other B1G team made the playoff while the Huskies made it twice. These kids were in diapers during the 2008 season so it's pretty likely they remember us playing for the national championship a little more than the Willingham disaster.

Not in your own conference.

Penn State, Ohio State, and Michigan pack their 100K seat stadiums when Tennessee Chatenooga comes to town. UW can’t fill their stadium with a metro population of 3M when a top 15 non conf team visits. You are a lot closer to Rutgers, Purdue, and Indiana than you think.
Highest average attendance in the Pac at 69,000. WSU dead last at 28,000 - OUCH!

Highest average attendance in the Pac at 69,000. WSU dead last at 28,000 - OUCH!
I didn’t think you were in the pac anymore? And 69K my ass for attendance, other than Oregon there’s 15%+ no shows every game

And again.

Have you thought about getting out of bed, taking a shower then perhaps taking a long walk to gain perspective?
253? GRCC grad and jack husky guaranteed. When he rolls out of bed he’s in the shower and cold water is his only option.

I didn’t think you were in the pac anymore? And 69K my ass for attendance, other than Oregon there’s 15%+ no shows every game
Let's be real 28,000 for the cougs is the most inaccurate of all of them. The real number is probably closer to 15,000.

All those fans and yet UW's starting center (Bama), both starting offensive guards (Ole Miss), best cornerback (Oregon), most promising receiver (Bama), starting nickelback (Miami), starting safety (Florida), promising freshman QB (Bama) and highest-rated defensive recruit (Bama) all moved on without waiting to see who the new coach was and how big their NIL checks might be.

Meanwhile, Arizona's two most important players decided to stay in Tucson instead of following Fisch to Seattle

Can you or any of 68,999 friends explain that?

Reactions: LeachPack
All those fans and yet UW's starting center (Bama), both starting offensive guards (Ole Miss), best cornerback (Oregon), most promising receiver (Bama), starting nickelback (Miami), starting safety (Florida), promising freshman QB (Bama) and highest-rated defensive recruit (Bama) all moved on without waiting to see who the new coach was and how big their NIL checks might be.

Meanwhile, Arizona's two most important players decided to stay in Tucson instead of following Fisch to Seattle

Can you or any of 68,999 friends explain that?
Are you now pretending that no players from Arizona came to UW? They are definitely going to miss Coleman, Prysock, Davis, Clark etc. Like I said - this is just a business. From the players and coaches all the way to the AD. If they would have hired Grubb and kept Huff some of those guys would have stayed, but they went another direction. Hell, Brailsford might be leaving Alabama in a couple weeks.

Me knowing that outside of Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State no other B1G team made the playoff while the Huskies made it twice. These kids were in diapers during the 2008 season so it's pretty likely they remember us playing for the national championship a little more than the Willingham disaster.
253...I can tell you what won't happen in the next five years as Purdue and the like will have 30 k more per year for the next five years to spend on their departments...the UW is not going to be playing in a title game or even in the playoff talk. There was a much more straight forward path in the Pac 10.

Like I said - this is just a business. From the players and coaches all the way to the AD. If they would have hired Grubb and kept Huff some of those guys would have stayed, but they went another direction. Hell, Brailsford might be leaving Alabama in a couple weeks.

It's a business for sure.

So did the leaders of UW NIL's operation lack the financial firepower and/or organizational acumen to stop programs like Ole Miss, Oregon, Miami and others from immediately poaching some of its top returnees?

It sure appeared UW didn't even put up a fight to keep those players.

Last edited:
First, I see that you decline to answer the question and instead hurl insults. Tsk, tsk.

Second, welfare? Care to provide a rundown of viewership by school, year by year for the Pac-12 era? If you want, you can go back to the epic 0-12 year of 2008.

Third, Rutgers, Maryland, Purdue, etc. get full revenue shares.

Last edited:
Are you now pretending that no players from Arizona came to UW? They are definitely going to miss Coleman, Prysock, Davis, Clark etc. Like I said - this is just a business. From the players and coaches all the way to the AD. If they would have hired Grubb and kept Huff some of those guys would have stayed, but they went another direction. Hell, Brailsford might be leaving Alabama in a couple weeks.
Why are you posting on this board?

253...I can tell you what won't happen in the next five years as Purdue and the like will have 30 k more per year for the next five years to spend on their departments...the UW is not going to be playing in a title game or even in the playoff talk. There was a much more straight forward path in the Pac 10.
They were already making more money and they have 28 teams to support at their university vs. 24 at UW.

You would have said the same thing after Jimmy Lake was smacking players on the sideline yet 2 years later we ended up playing for the national title. If money was all that mattered A&M would have actually won something by now. Hell, we have been more successful than Oregon recently and they have unlimited money thanks to Phil.

You saw the offer for the Pac 10 - It was a total joke. NOBODY is taking 20 million less to play in a dying conference. Once the LA market was gone it was over. My bet is when the ACC falls apart Cal and Stanford end up in the B1G. It would give the conference the 6 biggest programs on the west coast and Stanford and Cal would probably join for 1/4 share if that's what it took.

They were already making more money and they have 28 teams to support at their university vs. 24 at UW.

You would have said the same thing after Jimmy Lake was smacking players on the sideline yet 2 years later we ended up playing for the national title. If money was all that mattered A&M would have actually won something by now. Hell, we have been more successful than Oregon recently and they have unlimited money thanks to Phil.

You saw the offer for the Pac 10 - It was a total joke. NOBODY is taking 20 million less to play in a dying conference. Once the LA market was gone it was over. My bet is when the ACC falls apart Cal and Stanford end up in the B1G. It would give the conference the 6 biggest programs on the west coast and Stanford and Cal would probably join for 1/4 share if that's what it took.
The arrogance and incompetence of UWs leadership didn’t factor into the conference blowing up?

100+ years of history up in smoke and you’re here bragging about the scraps the Big 10 threw your panicked admin? Have some perspective numb nuts. Nobody here is happy with where the Cougs are at in all of this, but UW clearly is in a much worse position than it was 10 years ago when things started unraveling for the conference. And UWs fingerprints are all over it, USC and UCLA just happened to panic first.

FWIW....Nebraska was a top tier program that won 9-10 games per year when they joined the Big 10. It took a few years for the slide to happen, but they just had their 7th straight losing season. UW might do well in the B1G but it's never guaranteed. I'm pulling for a Nebraska-like future for you guys. Best of luck!

Your contention is that Chun committed financial fraud?
Would you guys stop feeding the troll?

And no, the mutt dipshit is saying that attendance figures were inflated - counting seats paid for vs actual attendance, maybe overestimating student bodies in attendance. It goes on all the time. That is not financial fraud.

FWIW....Nebraska was a top tier program that won 9-10 games per year when they joined the Big 10. It took a few years for the slide to happen, but they just had their 7th straight losing season. UW might do well in the B1G but it's never guaranteed. I'm pulling for a Nebraska-like future for you guys. Best of luck!
Nebraska was in better shape than UW when they made that move too. Tough times ahead.

Reactions: Flatlandcoug
Ha! Nebraska's last conference championship was in 1999. They joined the Big 10 in 2010. Top tier...solid analysis.

Their costs are also substantially higher for travel. Not only real costs but hidden costs (huge challenge to overcome especially for non rev athletes flying commercial). They are going to have to make up that delta with revenue sports who are likely to perform at a mediocre level because of the financial disparity between them and their conference foes. In short, they are set up to fail, and they probably will.
And these two posts (90's and Gib's that prompted it) pretty much sum it up. I've seen far more businesses fail due to improper & uncontrolled expansion than because they lost their market; growth at any price with nobody competent leading the effort is usually a bad idea. UW went that route in their jump to B10, but failed to read the fine print (or think too far into the future) and condemned themselves to BOTH trying to grow too fast (keeping up with the B10 Joneses) and also at the same time losing some of their market (the bandwagon fans will jump off the wagon when they fail). I've never seen a business succeed when it BOTH tried to grow too fast AND lost part of its market. I have to believe that the UW's inept jump to the B10 will be studied for years in business schools. Lots of good angles to study...impact on the PAC is obvious, as well as their loss of PAC assets due to the way it was handled, but the inherent failure situation that they simply walked into with eyes wide open may be the best of the lessons. The Folt/Cohen/Cauce coven and their back dealing and conflicts of interest over the key 2-3 year period is another good possibility for study. Years of failure will result in tarnished reputations and probably a fair amount of buyer's remorse.

Ha! Nebraska's last conference championship was in 1999. They joined the Big 10 in 2010. Top tier...solid analysis.

Nebraska went 29-12 in their last three years in the Big 12 and had won 9+ games in all but four years of the prior 30 years prior to them joining the Big 10 in 2011. Your mighty mutts have gone 29-11 in the past three years. So yeah....the comparison is better than you think.

Despite not being at their peak form of the 90's, the Huskers only had two losing seasons prior to joining the Big 10. Again...once they graduated out all of their Big 12 kids in 2014...they've had one winning season since then and have had seven losing seasons in a row.

When you are competing in an area that isn't a natural fit....it's not easy. Ask West Virginia about how their time in the Big 12 has gone. UCF had gone 53-13 in their last five full seasons before joining the Big 12...and went 6-7 in their first season. Colorado had one decent season in the Pac-12. UW might be fine in the B1G and it certainly helps that they are with Oregon, USC and UCLA to help balance things out....but with the turnover of your program and the history of outsiders struggling, you're more likely to end up like Nebraska rather than Penn State and frankly, sooner than later.

udump will become a perennial 7-5, 6-6 style team in the B1G. With maybe a 9-3 record once a decade. Plus, outside of Seattle, no one will care.

Dude, uw agreed to split the check on the first date.

Nebraska went 29-12 in their last three years in the Big 12 and had won 9+ games in all but four years of the prior 30 years prior to them joining the Big 10 in 2011. Your mighty mutts have gone 29-11 in the past three years. So yeah....the comparison is better than you think.

Despite not being at their peak form of the 90's, the Huskers only had two losing seasons prior to joining the Big 10. Again...once they graduated out all of their Big 12 kids in 2014...they've had one winning season since then and have had seven losing seasons in a row.

When you are competing in an area that isn't a natural fit....it's not easy. Ask West Virginia about how their time in the Big 12 has gone. UCF had gone 53-13 in their last five full seasons before joining the Big 12...and went 6-7 in their first season. Colorado had one decent season in the Pac-12. UW might be fine in the B1G and it certainly helps that they are with Oregon, USC and UCLA to help balance things out....but with the turnover of your program and the history of outsiders struggling, you're more likely to end up like Nebraska rather than Penn State and frankly, sooner than later.
Once again, ha! You're doing serious gymnastics to try and make a connection. Fan base wasn't happy with zero championships and got rid of their coach that had won 9+ games every year (including the 4 years after they joined the Big 10) and they've regressed with every coach since. We'll see what Rhule can do, he has an uphill battle given they are in an area that isn't a natural fit... 😂 sorry, can't say that with a straight face

Sounds like your reading comprehension skills may not up to speed. The only players he mentioned were Arizonas two best players. Never said anything else about other Arizona players.

So how does that compare to Iowa, Indiana and Maryland?

Once again, ha! You're doing serious gymnastics to try and make a connection. Fan base wasn't happy with zero championships and got rid of their coach that had won 9+ games every year (including the 4 years after they joined the Big 10) and they've regressed with every coach since. We'll see what Rhule can do, he has an uphill battle given they are in an area that isn't a natural fit... 😂 sorry, can't say that with a straight face

It's going to be interesting to see how your boys do this year. You're going to have a good start but I have a feeling that your game against UCLA is going to be a very important game. Michigan, Iowa, USC and Penn State are going to be the kind of games that can grind a mediocre team down.

You can laugh all you want...but we'll see how you feel in five years. Grass isn't always greener even if the money is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT