ADVERTISEMENT

“Gordon won the job by going short, not deep”

I appreciate what Gordon brings to the table but I grimace in terror when he's off his game. Anyway who thinks that dude is an NFL QB is taking advantage of the legalization of marijuana.

It's the same issue when Cracraft got hurt. The middle is crucial for WSU to move the ball.
Yep, without Cracraft Falk ate sacks and threw stuff to the flat. It's probably a good thing that Arco and Winston are seniors too. Whoever the new QB is will have new slot guys to throw to

It's the same issue when Cracraft got hurt. The middle is crucial for WSU to move the ball.
All this proves is that our AR qbs get used to looking for players instead of looking for space, like they are supposed to do. It shouldn't matter that much what number is on the jersey, just throw the fcking ball and stop patting it 100 times.

All this proves is that our AR qbs get used to looking for players instead of looking for space, like they are supposed to do. It shouldn't matter that much what number is on the jersey, just throw the fcking ball and stop patting it 100 times.

First step, remove the backs from skelly. Force the QB to throw to WRs down the field. Force the receivers to get open.

I appreciate what Gordon brings to the table but I grimace in terror when he's off his game. Anyway who thinks that dude is an NFL QB is taking advantage of the legalization of marijuana.
Not to disagree Flat, but Ed is adamant that Gordon will be drafted earlier than Gardner Minshew.

Not to disagree Flat, but Ed is adamant that Gordon will be drafted earlier than Gardner Minshew.
This actually wouldn't shock me. Gordon's physical gifts are more impressive. Some scout will slobber over his release and talk his GM into taking him in like round 4.

Reactions: Fab5Coug
This actually wouldn't shock me. Gordon's physical gifts are more impressive. Some scout will slobber over his release and talk his GM into taking him in like round 4.
Just like we saw with Eason who, outside of the AC, has been an unqualified disaster in CFB. College scouts fell in love with the size and mechanics - turns out you also have to have a brain.

Nobody is going to coach out the 3 picks per game

there’s a reason leach took a shot on Gubrud: he’s been watching Gordon for several years now—unfortunately Gubrud wasn’t the miracle we needed. Gordon is a mid-sized fish, feasting on minnows and getting eaten by bigger fish. To hell with his record breaking stats, he hasn’t beaten a team with a winning record.

Last edited:
Reactions: BiggsCoug

That is great post.

Only amendment would be all AR except the special one from last year. Maybe it was an advantage for Minshew to just drop in. He actually did not favor a particular receiver and really ran the offense the way it should be run. Never thought of that angle, but you make a great point.

Reactions: royhobbs2

It's hard to say if he'll get drafted or not and I'm not going to say he won't. However, we all have seen this season play out. Gordon is a good Air Raid QB who can generate stats in our system. However, he exhibits the negative qualities of Falk and Halliday too often. He goes through his progression too slowly, and too often, he's looking for the perfect pass instead of the available one, he gets tunnel vision when he gets flushed from the pocket. His sidearm release when he's in a hurry is fast....but leads to interceptions because the trajectory is often flat enough that opposing players can get to them. And the interceptions........we are watching football in an era where 5:1 or 6:1 ratios are the norm. Despite setting a school record for touchdowns, he's under 3:1.

I appreciate having Gordon as a QB and I'm proud of the fact that he blew past 5000 yards. We can be proud of a guy and still be aware of his limitations. I think the AC tape is going to concern a lot of GM's. Minshew had the snow as an excuse.....Gordon didn't.

Just like we saw with Eason who, outside of the AC, has been an unqualified disaster in CFB. College scouts fell in love with the size and mechanics - turns out you also have to have a brain.

The NFL is about physical talent. If they screw it up there is another class of draft eligible genetic freaks to choose from twelve months later.

That is great post.

Only amendment would be all AR except the special one from last year. Maybe it was an advantage for Minshew to just drop in. He actually did not favor a particular receiver and really ran the offense the way it should be run. Never thought of that angle, but you make a great point.

Yes and no. Minshew forced the ball to Martin at times.

Gubrud Left Eastern cause the Eagles moved on from him. That’s the truth.

He also threw 14 & 12 Interceptions in his two full years he played at EWU.

Carry on

Carry on

I would argue that 16 is worse than 14&12. Especially if the two extra weren’t the two brain dead ducks that were thrown up in our last game of the year.

Reactions: royhobbs2

Carry on

Fake news. You write 14 and 12 but don't post that he was 48 TDs to 14 INTS and 26 TDs to 12 INTs. And had 10,000+ yards passing. And was a finalist for the best ****!ng player in FCS.

He has forgotten more football than AG has played. He got hurt in the spring and it probably crushed his shot not getting those reps.

According to you though, he wasn't worth a damn. Total crap. Fake news.

Reactions: chugspig
Fake news. You write 14 and 12 but don't post that he was 48 TDs to 14 INTS and 26 TDs to 12 INTs. And had 10,000+ yards passing. And was a finalist for the best ****!ng player in FCS.

He has forgotten more football than AG has played. He got hurt in the spring and it probably crushed his shot not getting those reps.

You would know fake news. Strong and fit and tough all day and all the other cliches.

Reactions: etowncoug

In less attempts than Gordon & the Big Sky is known for their stellar defenses.

In less attempts than Gordon & the Big Sky is known for their stellar defenses.

I guess we will never know how well he would’ve done this year. The 6 wins by AG are not wildly impressive. To think that GG or Tinsley would have done worse??? I dunno. AG isnt impressive.

Tell my EWU didn’t want such a talent back?

They moved on from him......

& please talk to me in depth about the rich history of defense being played in the Big Sky Conference.

Thanks.....I’ll hang up & listen.

Tell my EWU didn’t want such a talent back?

They moved on from him......

There could be more to it. I dont think its outlandish to have a coach with a qb that takes you into the playoffs and not go back to the starter that got hurt.

I think it is possible that both sides move on without it being an indictment of talent, or lack of.

Whatever your opinion, Gordon’s INTs this year we’re probably the most costly and least timely of any QB I’ve ever seen.

Whatever your opinion, Gordon’s INTs this year we’re probably the most costly and least timely of any QB I’ve ever seen.

28-13 and driving and then turn the ball over...28-20 makes the game manageable.

Michigan did some similar stuff today as well and then the game just got away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT