ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Coug Offense

There are so many true freshman that play and play a lot now. There was a time when all true freshman redshirted. That is not the case any more. Sure, not all true freshman are made the same. But, there are many who are physically ready from day one. Thomas, at 6'1" and 215 now (and will likely be in the 220's by fall) appears to be one of them.
Football at the HS level is becong a year around sport with 7x7, better conditioning, nutrition etc. Today’s freshmen are on average more ready to play than 15-20 years ago.

There are so many true freshman that play and play a lot now. There was a time when all true freshman redshirted. That is not the case any more. Sure, not all true freshman are made the same. But, there are many who are physically ready from day one. Thomas, at 6'1" and 215 now (and will likely be in the 220's by fall) appears to be one of them.
He better be ready to play because he’s certainly going to. That’s not the point I’m sure he can step on the field. Take a look at him standing next to James Williams. 2, 3, 4 years in a D1 program makes a huge difference. The guys hitting him are going to be substantially bigger and faster than in HS. I’m just saying I wouldn’t be so fast to shit all over someone’s concern about freshman being succeptible to injury. They just are because they are going to have a lot of room for development where as the 11 guys trying to tackle them have a 2-3 year head start.

He better be ready to play because he’s certainly going to. That’s not the point I’m sure he can step on the field. Take a look at him standing next to James Williams. 2, 3, 4 years in a D1 program makes a huge difference. The guys hitting him are going to be substantially bigger and faster than in HS. I’m just saying I wouldn’t be so fast to shit all over someone’s concern about freshman being succeptible to injury. They just are because they are going to have a lot of room for development where as the 11 guys trying to tackle them have a 2-3 year head start.
Think of it this way. Coach Leach and his staff are not going to put players on the field that are not physically ready to play. So yeah, any random freshman may be more susceptible to injury.

But, I am not talking about a random freshman. With the training and knowledge that many many players get today, there are many freshman that are ready to play from day one.

I am not getting your point about him standing next to James Williams. Do you have a picture of them standing next to each other so that we can compare them?

By the way, I am hurt that you are trying to shiit all over my argument :(

Think of it this way. Coach Leach and his staff are not going to put players on the field that are not physically ready to play. So yeah, any random freshman may be more susceptible to injury.

But, I am not talking about a random freshman. With the training and knowledge that many many players get today, there are many freshman that are ready to play from day one.

I am not getting your point about him standing next to James Williams. Do you have a picture of them standing next to each other so that we can compare them?

You’ll see more perimeter players at WSU ready to play sooner. The level of strength required isnt as high as a LOS player.

Sadly, West Coast kids dont typically grow up thru a program in high school that has the same intensity as other regions. They dont show up on campus as physically prepared as some other regions.

You’ll see more perimeter players at WSU ready to play sooner. The level of strength required isnt as high as a LOS player.

Sadly, West Coast kids dont typically grow up thru a program in high school that has the same intensity as other regions. They dont show up on campus as physically prepared as some other regions.

I agree 100%. Lineman, especially offensive lineman, take longer. The west coast doesn't invest in hs football as much as Florida, Texas, Ohio, etc. Thomas comes from a football factory where he has already had great coaching and training.

We currently have one scholarship running back on campus. Thomas or Bazile or someone besides Borghi is going to be out there, whether he is ready or not.

I agree 100%. Lineman, especially offensive lineman, take longer. The west coast doesn't invest in hs football as much as Florida, Texas, Ohio, etc. Thomas comes from a football factory where he has already had great coaching and training.

4 star LOS players either have great athleticism, great power or both. Youll see kids go from 2 stars to All League on the West Coast simply on weights and eating. Down South kids are showing up on campus much closer to their ceiling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT