at Stanford
BYE
Arizona St.
at Colorado
at UCLA
Oregon
Washington

Pretty good.

It sucks for me, personally, but it's probably good for attendance. Oregon and UW back-to-back in late November / Thanksgiving. Brutal.

Cal and Utah back-to-back in October.

Could be worse, but I'm not thrilled. Hate back to back weekends.

It sucks for me, personally, but it's probably good for attendance. Oregon and UW back-to-back in late November / Thanksgiving. Brutal.

Cal and Utah back-to-back in October.

Could be worse, but I'm not thrilled. Hate back to back weekends.
Conference payback for complaining about officiating two years in a row.

The other thing I don't like about the schedule is that we have the 2 most physical teams in the conference (Cal and Utah) on back to backs, and then finish the season with the 2 most talented teams (Oregon and UW) on back to backs.

That is actually a deceptively tough non-conference schedule.

You have 2 ex Power 5 coaches. Anderson at Utah State and Dana H. at Houston. Both teams are looked to be improved from last year.

You can feel good about the new guy if he rolls through that non-con without a hiccup.

That is actually a deceptively tough non-conference schedule.

You have 2 ex Power 5 coaches. Anderson at Utah State and Dana H. at Houston. Both teams are looked to be improved from last year.

You can feel good about the new guy if he rolls through that non-con without a hiccup.
Agreed - opportunity to start out 1-4 (or 5-0).

Staff hires will be critical. Ditto selection of QB

Complaining about back to back home games against the 2 most physical teams in the conference is odd. Would you prefer to have to travel?

Agreed - opportunity to start out 1-4 (or 5-0).

Staff hires will be critical. Ditto selection of QB

I think you mean 1-5 or 6-0. It will probably be somewhere in between but you could sure make a legitimate case for either of those extremes.

Oregon State has to have that one circled as pay back time. And they too will be very improved. They have made better use of the Transfer Portal than anyone .

Complaining about back to back home games against the 2 most physical teams in the conference is odd. Would you prefer to have to travel?
6 days apart but if Oregon game is at 7pm and UW game at 11AM/Noon, it is close to 5 1/2 days apart with one of those days being a holiday and both games with students off campus.

Better for WSU when UO had to face UW and WSU back to back.

Edit: if you meant Cal & Utah, agree.

Reactions: wazzucougs96

Why is it odd to think that playing Cal & Utah back-to-back is physically challenging? I'd much rather play them spread out by a few weeks.

I think you mean 1-5 or 6-0. It will probably be somewhere in between but you could sure make a legitimate case for either of those extremes.

Oregon State has to have that one circled as pay back time. And they too will be very improved. They have made better use of the Transfer Portal than anyone .

Oregon State loses a lot, including the only decent QB they've had in years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT