ADVERTISEMENT

4 offensive linemen with Perrott

froropmkr72

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2004
1-2 more to go
happy.r191677.gif
There's 15 coming back....but all 6 starters are graduating within 2 years. They'll have Flor, Evers, Krepsz, O'Connell and Salmonson in the bullpe. Maybe a couple can establish themselves. Assuming he's athletic enough- you wonder if Flor would like a shot at playing time at OG and being the backup center?

Flor will be a Redshirt Junior so he two will be gone in two years...The 3rd Center who will be around after two years is Carlos Feeman who I have not heard a lot about how he's doing. Nice to have some big bodies to work with now.

There should be a good competition on the OL this spring and fall for starting jobs. Even if no one gets beat out they should still push the starters to play better.

When was the last time WSU returned all 5 starters on the OL???

This is great, great news. Welcome Mr. Davis Perrott!

And you are right, maybe bring in 1 more but 2 would be ideal. But just the idea that CML is bringing in 4!!!! Not 1, not 2 on a big year but 4… This is how football is won, recruiting the line. This fundamental concept hasn't translated to our W column quite yet BUT IT WILL. THIS is one of the cornerstones of football and it takes time to develop. This is truly exciting.

another measureable....an o-line recruit with plenty of good offers. Also, offer for him from another Pac 12 school. I love the recruiting of the O and D lines, as it all starts up front.

Cole Madison was only a redshirt freshman this year

He has three more years left.

Re: Cole Madison was only a redshirt freshman this year

He's a monster… Stood next to him and it's just… wow.

EDIT: sorry wrong guy. Was thinking O'Connell
This post was edited on 12/12 11:11 AM by Coug95man2

Originally posted by froropmkr72:
1-2 more to go
happy.r191677.gif
There's 15 coming back....but all 6 starters are graduating within 2 years. They'll have Flor, Evers, Krepsz, O'Connell and Salmonson in the bullpe. Maybe a couple can establish themselves. Assuming he's athletic enough- you wonder if Flor would like a shot at playing time at OG and being the backup center?
Numbers look good, but we need another 2-3 commits to make feel happy. Cedric Bigge-Duren could be iffy on grades and if Austin Maihen gets into Stanford he'll probably flip to Stanford. We can go from 4-2 really quick, so if can sign 6 or so OL I'll be very happy with those numbers.

I especially like the fact that we are getting OL committed before the last minute. Because our record with getting last minute commits to the campus and actually in class, then having a kid who can actually earn PT, is poor.

Good OL are typically reasonably good students. OL who are still uncommitted in the last two weeks are generally either unable to make a decision or a risk of some sort.

I'm thinking the last 1-2 OL will be committed by early January.

You forgot a couple guys.

After next year they'll return Sorenson, Middleton, Flor, Madison, Freeman, OConnell, Salmonson, Dillard, Evers, Krepsz & Begg (if he stays on the line).

And, as was mentioned, Maihen probably flips if he's admitted to Stanford. So, would love for them to bring in at least 3 more this class.

There have been a few people on here like Biggs 1990, Yaki, Myself etc. etc. that have been big on O-line.

We need a good o-line to succeed. We haven't had one in years. Someone mentioned '97 yeah pretty much that era was when our o-line was the best I can remember.

Middle of doba years things just spiraled, and when wulff came in I thought alright lineman coach. The o-line will finally be good again. It didn't happen, and we neglected it and then I think Wulff realized the critical mistake and tried to sign 4 his last year recruiting, but the damage was done.

Probably the single most reason I got on board the leach train was when he started talking about lineman, and how important they are, and how everything starts with them. Then the o-line recruits starting coming in. Walk-ons, transfers, scholarships. Wherever he could get them he was going after them. We finally have some depth at the position and the unit is improving.

I'm so excited about these guys putting on the crimson. Great lineman make great offenses.

Originally posted by Fab5Coug:
You forgot a couple guys.

After next year they'll return Sorenson, Middleton, Flor, Madison, Freeman, OConnell, Salmonson, Dillard, Evers, Krepsz & Begg (if he stays on the line).

And, as was mentioned, Maihen probably flips if he's admitted to Stanford. So, would love for them to bring in at least 3 more this class.
Ya, Dillard and Begg I didn't mention because of their current or weight when fall camp began. Who knows....because as we all know...some guys can gain 35 quality pounds in a season...from 255 to 290 say.

Originally posted by bogusto:
The staff talks like Dillard is the most ready to start of any of them.
Or if not ready to play, he is very physically gifted and has perhaps the most potential. I have read that he has done a lot of very good things as well.

Add Sakaria to the list. Now at 5, possibly 4 with Maihen's pending situation with Stanford.

Far cry from where we used to be.

Originally posted by Fab5Coug:
Add Sakaria to the list. Now at 5, possibly 4 with Maihen's pending situation with Stanford.

Far cry from where we used to be.
You just have to love this. The line should be above average for years on out now. That will help WSU become a consistent threat at a bowl instead of once a decade or even once every three years under Price.

Assuming everyone does their part, kids putting in the work and coaches coaching them up, WSU will have built consistency on the OL. They'll have good starters, depth, be able to replace a kid if he gets hurt and move kids up the depth chart when the seniors move on. This is how you build your offense. Only problem is it can take 5 years to do it.

Originally posted by BiggsCoug:
Assuming everyone does their part, kids putting in the work and coaches coaching them up, WSU will have built consistency on the OL. They'll have good starters, depth, be able to replace a kid if he gets hurt and move kids up the depth chart when the seniors move on. This is how you build your offense. Only problem is it can take 5 years to do it.
What helps is that Leach is an offensive line coach at heart. He understands the importance of the line and how it relates to his offense and winning. Leach gets it. He knows that not every OL recruit will pan out. This is a coach that knows it is somewhat of a numbers game.

I think the offense will be mostly be good from here on out. But, I agree that it takes years to build consistency and to ultimately get where Leach wants the offense. You need players that have grown up in the system passing good knowledge and good leadership onto the younger players.

For all the talk at the beginning of CML's hire, this sure puts into perspective the whole, "3 days to implement" that people took as "We'll be relevant in 3 days".

It also puts into perspective how lucky CML was when he came into TT. He obviously had a core of players that were viable, competitive players.

While this year wasn't what I thought it should be, I ALSO think it places a light on how bad a shape we were in EDIT: when we hired CML.

This post was edited on 12/17 8:19 AM by Coug95man2

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT