ADVERTISEMENT

5* QB Sirmon @Bothel - Question

Dusty.Hooper

Redshirt
Sep 12, 2010
Is this legal? Seattle Times today, Sirmon verballed back as sophmore to uw, getting a head start.

"In some ways, he already feels like a member of the team. Sirmon regularly visits the uw football offices to learn the huskies playbook and break down film with coach petersen and offensive coordinator jonathon smith. .... I've asked them to coach me like you would coach a quarterback on your (roster), said Sirmon" .

Comments?

Is this legal? Seattle Times today, Sirmon verballed back as sophmore to uw, getting a head start.

"In some ways, he already feels like a member of the team. Sirmon regularly visits the uw football offices to learn the huskies playbook and break down film with coach petersen and offensive coordinator jonathon smith. .... I've asked them to coach me like you would coach a quarterback on your (roster), said Sirmon" .

Comments?

He can make unofficial visits.

I'm sure there's some gray area here, but no doubt UW will find the limits of that. I would assume if Moos's kid were a WSU commit there'd be similar interaction with the team/coaches.

Comments?

Likely illegal. You should report it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT