ADVERTISEMENT

If only he could hit something more then the middle cross we’d have a good game. Throws check downs late or misses them all together and throw interceptions on every corner route.

If only he could hit something more then the middle cross we’d have a good game. Throws check downs late or misses them all together and throw interceptions on every corner route.
Definitely not his best performance. Floating the ball a lot. And still refusing to use the run, which really should be there against OSU.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Halliday vs Gordon ? not sure, Gordon might be worse, stats be damned
Halliday for me is worse than anyone all day long. Any QB that is out of the pocket and runs out of bounds for a loss instead of throwing the ball away out of bounds shouldn't play. Halliday did it for a whole season.

Gordon is a great example of how stats aren't everything. He's not a bad QB......but he's not as good as we need him to be.
It's the mental/situational side of things that he's missing. Really Gardner is the only QB Leach has had so far who excelled in that area. The one that drives me nuts is when it's 2nd/3rd and medium, Max releases to the flat with tons of space and instead of getting it to him right now, you hold, hold, hold waiting for the big play. The big play isn't there and when you finally check it to Max he has no chance to make a play. I can't stand that. Kills drives

Reactions: chipdouglas
I’m thrilled with the way that Gordon played on the final drive and his last pick was 100% Patmon’s fault. That said, we likely lose if the Beavs punt on 4th down instead of giving us the ball near midfield

Gordon was incredible. So happy for him! Then to top it off checks down to Borghi with the ballsy run with 4 ticks left. Huge win to lead this program to a much needed bowl game.

A lot to not like about this game, but I think all I'm going to remember is Borghi from the 2 for the guarantee, and the bowl.

Actually, he was.

In the end, he was, and I’m happy for him (and the entire team). That said, if he didn’t make some of the mistakes that he did make earlier ....we would have never needed that last drive.

But don’t get me wrong on Gordon. I like him and appreciate his skills, but he is the walking embodiment of a “system QB” and his flaws are just as striking as his strengths.

He ended up being good enough last night,,,,and we should all be grateful for that, and I am.

In the end, he was, and I’m happy for him (and the entire team). That said, if he didn’t make some of the mistakes that he did make earlier ....we would have never needed that last drive.

But don’t get me wrong on Gordon. I like him and appreciate his skills, but he is the walking embodiment of a “system QB” and his flaws are just as striking as his strengths.

He ended up being good enough last night,,,,and we should all be grateful for that, and I am.

Good enough kind of like this?

https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...280b37d60c63afba34782c5ad0b0e4ab&action=click

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT