ADVERTISEMENT

A Connor Halliday moment: awful D and ST ...

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
squander a record-setting performance. Weren't coaches fired after that loss to Cal years ago? What an embarrassment and a disgrace. Start packing Tracy Claeys and Matt Brock (and think about taking Roc "Babe Ruth" Bellatoni with you). The husky offense will put up 80 plus on the Cougar defense and special teams. I thought Claeys was an improvement over Grinch until he wasn't.

Reactions: ATACFD and walzuu
Yaki, you're one of the most prolific and well-respected posters on CougZone for good reason.

But DCTC was very well-respected in Wazzu Nation prior to the second half last night.

Is it possible firing Coach Claeys (or even seriously considering it) would be an over-reaction?

squander a record-setting performance. Weren't coaches fired after that loss to Cal years ago? What an embarrassment and a disgrace. Start packing Tracy Claeys and Matt Brock (and think about taking Roc "Babe Ruth" Bellatoni with you). The husky offense will put up 80 plus on the Cougar defense and special teams. I thought Claeys was an improvement over Grinch until he wasn't.

Too funny... all Winston had to do is hang onto the ball . Game is over . Vince Mayle I mean Patman has to hang on and also catch the ball. Fisher was down when it was ripped out and truth that one call changed the entire complexion of the game. We didn’t recover.

The fact is what we are seeing is a talent drain and misevaluation in that side of the ball. We are nine deep with quality wr, if we recruited defensively like that we would be in this situation .

Reactions: PINGDUDE4

No excuse they were god awful bad. But the blame should go on the recruiting as much as Claeys scheme v.s. Grinch. Maybe the recruiting is on Claeys as well but the obvious lack of talent is problem. There is no lineman disrupt-or like Hercules. No LB near the quality of Luvu, Pueller, No secondary players like J. Thompson or Luani. Those guys were players and with the exception of Pueller on NFL rosters. There is not a player on this current defense that could even get an NFL try out.

They have been exposed and it will be a long year because of it. Bowl eligibility is questionable.

Reactions: 79COUG
Yaki, you're one of the most prolific and well-respected posters on CougZone for good reason.

But DCTC was very well-respected in Wazzu Nation prior to the second half last night.

Is it possible firing Coach Claeys (or even seriously considering it) would be an over-reaction?

No. Coaches get fired all the time. While I like TC (he's very to the point and frank in his interviews), this kind of a performance - especially against this UCLA team - cannot be tolerated. It's a trend now, and one to continue against better offenses. To be fair, the loss of Jalen Thompson is a factor, but why is an ESPN freshman All American mostly on the sidelines? Why are we playing d-ends at NG? This is akin to Paul Wulff stupidly sticking Brandon Rankin inside.

Too funny... all Winston had to do is hang onto the ball . Game is over . Vince Mayle I mean Patman has to hang on and also catch the ball. Fisher was down when it was ripped out and truth that one call changed the entire complexion of the game. We didn’t recover.

The fact is what we are seeing is a talent drain and misevaluation in that side of the ball. We are nine deep with quality wr, if we recruited defensively like that we would be in this situation .

Like I said probably just as well they did have all of those bad breaks and questionable calls as it would be postponed the inevitable. Face it they really caught 3 bad breaks on fumbles the the 2 by WSU and the one non call of missed recovery on UCLA but a good or even decent team overcomes all of that.

Look who shows up when things go south. Guess you missed the TDs v. special teams? Perhaps you were still watching Eason highlights? Or was it the Paul Wulff reference that aroused you? Too funny ...

Look who shows up when things go south. Guess you missed the TDs v. special teams? Perhaps you were still watching Eason highlights? Or was it the Paul Wulff reference that aroused you? Too funny ...
Too funny part two . I am not calling for drastic action . When the team and fans don’t respect opponents inevitably the football gods take revenge .

A poster texted me this am and said this is probably WSU’s worse loss ever . Worse than PSU they said . Maybe ... simply because how far we are in on the leach era.

For me, I go back to something a tech fan said when leach was hired. He said leach will lose a game in which you lose your mind and won a game that stuns you. That has always been the place I come from when talking about leach and why I don’t fire anyone until he thinks they should be fired .

Here is the difference between price and leach. A player like T Harris as dynamic as he is, and he may be the most dynamic player on the team but does WSU miss him on offense if he doesn’t play ? (They missed arcando more than anything yesterday )

Price would look at Harris at corner with his feet .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT