ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama is no different from Wazzu

This whole thing is just bad, top to bottom. Everyone has a say on something they know zilch about.

"He pissed off a lot of people in Tuscaloosa..." uh yeah. I'm sure poor Nick Saban and the position coach are wringing their hands over one player at their plug and play 5 star academy. Unhappy, maybe? But to insinuate that anyone at Bama is pissed or is gunning for him is just stupid and irresponsible. Whoever the hell McGinn is, he needs to stfu with his 3rd person telephone game reporting.

Also, and this applies to Boobie too - maybe these players aren't hearing the truth from their position coaches because they are so talented at that level. And by truth I mean about their personality/ attitude/ coachability. I don't know either of these players personally, but what I do know is that the NFL is a league that will tolerate a LOT of personality defects, you know like wife beating, alcoholism, dog fighting, etc... (don't burn a spliff though... the hippie lettuce will ruin your life!!!), so if the NFL is passing because you have an attitude issue you might want to listen, because if you have talent you're going to play.

I guess the thing that pisses me off about the Alabama article is that some dude is still slated to make around 2.8 million but he's mad that it could have been $4.2 million. Dude likely wouldn't make $800,000 in his entire lifetime without football but he's pissed off. If Mack Wilson wants to know what NFL teams were thinking about attitude problems.......how about having the audacity to whine and cry to the national media about feeling like you didn't get your due? That counts as an attitude problem in my book. F#ck him and every other entitled snot out there that wants to bitch about how much their coaches may or may not have supported them.

I hope James Williams kicks butt in training camp and makes the Chiefs roster. If he doesn't, he's got to realize that is 100% on him. He's got the opportunity right now. If it doesn't work out, that's nobody's fault but his own and he needs to accept that. Same goes for every other guy with a free agent contract. No team is going to pass on a guy who legitimately deserves a spot. If you are on the bubble enough to get cut........that's just proof of how hard it is to make an NFL roster.

I remember Luke Falk thinking he would be taken in the second round last year with the possibility of being snagged in the late first. He didn't see himself falling past the third.

The draft is unpredictable. Players need to accept the fact life isn't fair and make the most of the opportunities they have been given.

Reactions: 79COUG and CougEd
In any type of competition it is so important to stay positive that it is almost impossible not to overestimate the value of your work. Twitter will still be there tomorrow after you have cooled off.

Reactions: ATACFD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT