ADVERTISEMENT

Alex Grinch

SideWaysDown

Head Coach
Nov 14, 2006
is a star on the rise. The whole concept and intensity of the D is night and day from last year. So much hustle, and resilience. With Big Joe and Manning et al, I really love the coaching staff. No reason to think the Cougs can't go to L.A. and smack the Ruins.

Reactions: froropmkr72
is a star on the rise. The whole concept and intensity of the D is night and day from last year. So much hustle, and resilience. With Big Joe and Manning et al, I really love the coaching staff. No reason to think the Cougs can't go to L.A. and smack the Ruins.
And Alex got away from the mess in Missouri this year.

I think we should do fairly well against UCLA. But they are going to be a tough team. One of the better ones in the conference so it will be a great game. I'm looking forward to it. I think we can catch Rosen off guard since he's young if we confuse him with coverage and apply pressure.

Grinch has come up with some great game plans and I look forward to what he has drawn up against UCLA.

Reactions: chinookpirate
The good thing is that Moos and Leach will pay Grinch a salary worth his time if someone does come calling. Will he still leave? Joe stayed so you never know.
I agree, I also hope that the days of WSU being nothing but a stepping stone are over. With Leach as coach we may be able to have more continuity with the staff

I agree, I also hope that the days of WSU being nothing but a stepping stone are over. With Leach as coach we may be able to have more continuity with the staff

Really good young coordinators don't stay coordinators forever.

We want Leach to stay until he is done coaching and has had time to build a legacy, whatever it may become. And secondly I think it's important that we keep Big Joe here as long as we can. Beyond that, we are going to see assistants come and go. It is a credit to our football program if Leach's staff is cranking out coordinators and assistants that get promoted through hiring at other programs. That means, during the process of this happening, that we have a winning football program.

I'd rather lose an assistant through getting hired elsewhere, than through more firings. It's been quite some time since we've had that happen here.

We want Leach to stay until he is done coaching and has had time to build a legacy, whatever it may become. And secondly I think it's important that we keep Big Joe here as long as we can. Beyond that, we are going to see assistants come and go. It is a credit to our football program if Leach's staff is cranking out coordinators and assistants that get promoted through hiring at other programs. That means, during the process of this happening, that we have a winning football program.

I'd rather lose an assistant through getting hired elsewhere, than through more firings. It's been quite some time since we've had that happen here.

I agree. Also, if quality coaches see coaches from WSU getting head coaching gigs at other schools, they will want to come to Pullman and work under Leach. Leach already has a quality coaching tree and other's will be happy become part of that lineage.

Reactions: wazzucougs96

I'm fine with losing assistants to head coaching jobs. I don't want to see the staff get gutted because we were cheap and Illinois offers more money.

Reactions: froropmkr72
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT