ADVERTISEMENT

All Pac-12 1st Team

Coug95man2

Hall Of Fame
Dec 7, 2011
Marks is 21st team for the second straight year!

Luani has also been named!

Way to go, boys! Go Cougs!

Reactions: SCglory
Reactions: Coug95man2
Falk & Hercules 2nd teamers.

And apparently the Outland Trophy finalist is not one of the 12 best linemen in the league, as he was only HM. Apparently UW has 3 linemen better. o_O

Reactions: Coug95man2
Marks is 21st team for the second straight year!

Luani has also been named!

Way to go, boys! Go Cougs!
Against the Huskies, Marks clearly did more than any coug to improve his draft status. That guy gets open, catches what's thrown to him, and moves the chains. Doesn't hurt that he's smart. He should have a good pro career

How the f*ck are you a finalist for the Outland Trophy and not 1st team in your own league? Or 2nd team in your own league???

That's BS.

AND, they name 6 linemen for both 1st & 2nd team. So, apparently O'Connell is not one of the 12 best linemen in the league? UW & USC both have 3 guys better. Utah has 2 guys better. And OSU has a guy better.

AND, they name 6 linemen for both 1st & 2nd team. So, apparently O'Connell is not one of the 12 best linemen in the league? UW & USC both have 3 guys better. Utah has 2 guys better. And OSU has a guy better.

Exactly. If I were Coach Leach I wouldn't vote for anyone else's kids. I'd tell the entire league to f*ck off. Then I'd get Larry Scott on the phone and tear him a new one up one side and down the other.

I'd start every press conference with the fact that Cody was screwed. The chip on the shoulder of coaches and players should be growing every day at WSU.

Reactions: Alpine Cougar
Exactly. If I were Coach Leach I wouldn't vote for anyone else's kids. I'd tell the entire league to f*ck off. Then I'd get Larry Scott on the phone and tear him a new one up one side and down the other.

I'd start every press conference with the fact that Cody was screwed. The chip on the shoulder of coaches and players should be growing every day at WSU.
Well, I wouldn't do wrong just because the other coaches do wrong. I understand your frustration though.

Falk & Hercules 2nd teamers.

And apparently the Outland Trophy finalist is not one of the 12 best linemen in the league, as he was only HM. Apparently UW has 3 linemen better. o_O

The six OL on each is odd. Must have been ties for both the 1st team and 2nd team.

Against the Huskies, Marks clearly did more than any coug to improve his draft status. That guy gets open, catches what's thrown to him, and moves the chains. Doesn't hurt that he's smart. He should have a good pro career
i sure hope so. he definitely deserves it. it's been said many times at this point, but i just can't remember the last time i saw a receiver with his hands and body-control. he makes diving catches and crazy, tight-rope sideline catches with stunning regularity.

It will be egg on the face of the PAC 12 coaches when we have a 1st team All American OLman who couldn't make 2nd team in the PAC

Who watches more game film of Pac-12 play -- our conference's coaches or a national selection committee of writers? Rien Long won the Outland trophy as the best lineman in the country, but was only a 4th round draft pick, the 26th lineman taken. He didn't even win the Morris Trophy, which went to Terrell Suggs. Dan Lynch was a consensus AA OL and Morris Trophy winner as a Coug, but went undrafted in the 13 round draft era. Keith Millard wasn't even a AA HM, but won the Morris trophy, and was a first round draft pick. One man's stallion is another man's donkey, it is that simple.

Who watches more game film of Pac-12 play -- our conference's coaches or a national selection committee of writers? Rien Long won the Outland trophy as the best lineman in the country, but was only a 4th round draft pick, the 26th lineman taken. He didn't even win the Morris Trophy, which went to Terrell Suggs. Dan Lynch was a consensus AA OL and Morris Trophy winner as a Coug, but went undrafted in the 13 round draft era. Keith Millard wasn't even a AA HM, but won the Morris trophy, and was a first round draft pick. One man's stallion is another man's donkey, it is that simple.

Long was also a consensus All-American.

Just sayin.

Wasn't Cole Madison graded the top OL Tackle in college football by PFF yesterday?

P12 is really behind the times here...

Unless I am mistaken- wouldn't be the first time- coaches are forbidden to vote for their own players. Now if he really wanted to play with them he could vote for red-shirts or walk-ons who never saw the field or a traveling squad or academically ineligible kids.

How the f*ck are you a finalist for the Outland Trophy and not 1st team in your own league? Or 2nd team in your own league???

That's BS.
Now, that's what I call a really competitive league. One of the best in the country and cannot crack two deep even using 6 OLM per team. You're wrong Biggs, it's not BS. It's hilarious.

Unless I am mistaken- wouldn't be the first time- coaches are forbidden to vote for their own players. Now if he really wanted to play with them he could vote for red-shirts or walk-ons who never saw the field or a traveling squad or academically ineligible kids.

Pretty sure football can vote for their own (the release is silent on that). Basketball expressly does not vote for their own last time I checked.

It is too bad that Cody didn't get recognition he deserved but this is so silly that it is laughable. UCLA with more all-conference guys than wins? LOL. If I were you I would not take this so seriously. These all-conference lists occasionally descend into a farce. Many years ago a kid made all-conference first team in the old Pac8. I think the selections were made by the media guys. One teensy problem. The kid had come up lame in Fall camp and never played a snap the whole season. Don't worry about it. This is a joke and O'Connell will no doubt be ribbed about it by his fellow O-linemen. This is a fount of amusement, not outrage.

Speaking of disrespect, Marks was ranked 24th best college receiver (draft wise) according a recent BR article I read...24th!!

Unreal. People who make their living in sports just clueless.

Speaking of disrespect, Marks was ranked 24th best college receiver (draft wise) according a recent BR article I read...24th!!

Unreal. People who make their living in sports just clueless.

Corey Davis at Western Michigan is the top receiver in the country...and doesn't make the finalists for the Biletnikoff...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT