ADVERTISEMENT

***Apple Cup - GAME THREAD***

chipdouglas

Hall Of Fame
Mar 16, 2005
UW favored by -6.5 on the road. Winner clinches the North, a spot in the P12CG, and a possible Rose Bowl bid.

GO COUGS - SEND THE MUTTS PACKING

Even though Petersen sounds like a really standup guy, let's stop doing pregame interview packages on him. Dude is Russell-Wilson-esque in his aversion to saying anything other than generic sports cliches. Let's just build an online Chris Petersen speech generator saying "[Opponent] is a great, well-coached team with a lot of passion and upside." Cool, thanks for that really insightful POV, coach.

Even though Petersen sounds like a really standup guy, let's stop doing pregame interview packages on him. Dude is Russell-Wilson-esque in his aversion to saying anything other than generic sports cliches. Let's just build an online Chris Petersen speech generator saying "[Opponent] is a great, well-coached team with a lot of passion and upside." Cool, thanks for that really insightful POV, coach.
I have to say that Pete is the most likeable football coach they've had...with the exception of Ty Willingham. Loved that guy. :D

WSU wins by six. Gabe Marks came back this season to play in the Rosebowl. He is super focused and is game MVP.

i seriously think we have the least disciplined defense in the nation. that double pass is played out and hardly ever results in receivers running free like it used to... except against us.
Then you haven't watched the uw much.

You expect them to have some success on the first [scripted] drives but I would have hoped not to give up 7 easy. Doesn't bode well.

True, and you knew it was coming. But they still had 4 other positive plays for 34 yards despite 2 false starts. Hope Leach pulls out his own bag of tricks.

As Guesser just pointed out on the radio, Oregon had a long drive to start the game and scored on a trick play later. That was about it.

Well this one is in danger of getting out of control and we're still in the first 5 minutes of game clock

Tackling looks better but I'd really like to see us drill (legally) Huskies fighting for extra yards.

There was another hold on the TD that counted. That one was not called

The defense has to get their act together. They have not played well since the first half of the CU game

How the F do you give up a TD backed up on goal to go from the 18?

WSU outclassed early. One more TD and we're playing to avoid a blowout rather than playing for the win.

This is a freaking home game, people.

Great field position to start this drive. Fossum almost ran back the kickoff

Please Mike Leach do NOT give up on the run. But yes, you're probably going to have to go for a lot of 4th downs and trick plays today...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT