ADVERTISEMENT

Apple Cup tickets from WSU at Lumen: $94 - $424/each....

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
..."wait for it" as they say....

If the money is greater to have this a neutral site game every year, don't be surprised to see this happen.

..."wait for it" as they say....

If the money is greater to have this a neutral site game every year, don't be surprised to see this happen.
Well I wonder what single game seats cost in the Big-12 and ACC? Not to mention the B1G.

And if I recall, the 5-year deal is 2 games at mutt field, 2 in Pullman and this one at Lumen. Am I correct there? Even the all-knowing Loyal One is mistaken - on extremely rare occasions. :)

The game is early enough in the season to keep the Huskies engaged....same with Cougs

Is this before or after all the "convenience fees"?

Go play a fun opponent away and drop this game. Can't wait to hear all the complaints on how the game isn't selling.

Reactions: Cougzz and 79COUG
2-night required hotel stay in Pullman $600+
Reserved game tickets at Martin $75+
Gas for the driving (160-600 mile roundtrip) $50-$100

Breaks out less for Western WA alumni. They also have Friday and Sunday to themselves without have to manage the commute.

Is this before or after all the "convenience fees"?

Go play a fun opponent away and drop this game. Can't wait to hear all the complaints on how the game isn't selling.
Wonder how many tickets we'll sell to our home game vs. Wyoming after Thanksgiving?

Wonder how many tickets we'll sell to our home game vs. Wyoming after Thanksgiving?
Less. But still doesn’t mean they overpriced the F out of tix.

Reality is there’s probably enough Seattle corporate money floating around that they’ll buy up chunks of tix and will be close to a sellout. There will still be tix on the cheap and plenty of empty seats would be my guess 🤷.

Reactions: CougSinceBirth
Less. But still doesn’t mean they overpriced the F out of tix.

Reality is there’s probably enough Seattle corporate money floating around that they’ll buy up chunks of tix and will be close to a sellout. There will still be tix on the cheap and plenty of empty seats would be my guess 🤷.
Look, D1 college football is now junior professional football. We all know that. They're going to squeeze as much blood out of the fans as they can, and they'll sleep like babies at night. The Apple Cup will officially sell out. Empty seats? Probably, but they don't care. Those who attend will pay $100 for parking, $20/beer, $18 for a burger.

I'm a big ice hockey fan, and they're doing it in Canada too. $22 for a beer. $300/ticket, and there are 41 damn home games. Taylor Swift charges $1,500/ticket for 2 hours of terrible music. People pay it.

Reactions: ATACFD and Coug90
I hadn't really looked at the dates on our schedule until you pointed this out. What a crapfest.

At least we have 3 home games in September that look winnable and should have good weather. Hawaii in mid-October should be a win, could be grim weather-wise. Then 3 weeks before Utah State on Veterans' Day weekend. Could be getting cold (Aggies won't notice), but unless we're playing well by then, people are going to do something else with their weekend. Wyoming on Nov. 30, 2 days after Thanksgiving? Weather doesn't even matter - that game won't break 18K in official attendance. They'll have to come up with some incentive and a promotion to get it past 10K in actual attendance, unless by some miracle us and Wyoming are both top 15 and Gameday shows up again.

I guess we know where the $4 million is coming from.
I'm starting to get a sinking feeling here. Is this $4 million dependent on ticket sales (as opposed to a normal non-con away game where you get paid $XX for coming)? Answer: likely yes. Is it dependent upon sales of "our" half of the stadium? Answer: ????

Brand Z has an article on tickets - and it sort of implies that the $94 tickets are not many, if any.

I'm starting to get a sinking feeling here. Is this $4 million dependent on ticket sales (as opposed to a normal non-con away game where you get paid $XX for coming)? Answer: likely yes. Is it dependent upon sales of "our" half of the stadium? Answer: ????

Brand Z has an article on tickets - and it sort of implies that the $94 tickets are not many, if any.
logged into my ticket account to check. The $94 seats are in the corners and the enclosed end zone of the 300 level. My count is they make up 16 sections. There are 46 sections on the 300 level, so tickets under $100 are less than 1/3 of the 3rd deck.
Anything on the sideline 100/200 is over $200. Bargain seats are 100 level south end zone, at $183. I sat there once for a seahawk game, they’re not bad as long as you’re only interested in half of the game. You can’t see the far side very well.

Only reason this is worth so much money is they’ve jacked the prices. It’s like a major bowl or NFL playoff game - corporate sponsors will get most of the tickets. Everyday fans can’t afford it….and neither school cares.

logged into my ticket account to check. The $94 seats are in the corners and the enclosed end zone of the 300 level. My count is they make up 16 sections. There are 46 sections on the 300 level, so tickets under $100 are less than 1/3 of the 3rd deck.
Anything on the sideline 100/200 is over $200. Bargain seats are 100 level south end zone, at $183. I sat there once for a seahawk game, they’re not bad as long as you’re only interested in half of the game. You can’t see the far side very well.

Only reason this is worth so much money is they’ve jacked the prices. It’s like a major bowl or NFL playoff game - corporate sponsors will get most of the tickets. Everyday fans can’t afford it….and neither school cares.
Ok so at least they are available. What the hell is a reserved, non-donor ticket to a Pullman game these days? Must be over $50? Not to mention all the other costs as detailed by Coug Patrol.

For all the whimperers and whiners, who are also probably the biggest "Power 4, Big-12/ACC" proponents, WTF do you think you will get under your fantasy scenarios? Hint: THIS. Or develop regional rivalries with mostly like schools that you can travel to.

Dumb & Dumber were at the wheel when they ran the PAC-12 into the ground and they seem to be moving on right along, leaving a steaming pile of a burning dumpster fire in Pullman. How nice for THEM.

This game is on Peacock...the schools/network think they're going to drive people to the stadium by keeping it behind a subscription? I think that's going to backfire.

This game is on Peacock...the schools/network think they're going to drive people to the stadium by keeping it behind a subscription? I think that's going to backfire.
To have this game on VIA streaming when the Huskies publicly shat on the idea of streaming vs. linear for exposure is complete BS....

Reactions: CougSinceBirth

95, wonder how much those ticket prices drop 24 hours before kickoff when there's 25,000 or so unsold seats?

I imagine most of the 33,700 members at Brand Z (Die Hard Cougs) won't pay those inflated prices anytime soon

95, wonder how much those ticket prices drop 24 hours before kickoff when there's 25,000 or so unsold seats?

I imagine most of the 33,700 members at Brand Z (Die Hard Cougs) won't pay those inflated prices anytime soon
Officially? Prices won’t drop. They’ll probably trot out the old 2-for-1 deal on cheap seats again, but face value won’t change, and the deal will actually be from a 3rd party that didn’t pay for tickets in the first place.

Officially? Prices won’t drop. They’ll probably trot out the old 2-for-1 deal on cheap seats again, but face value won’t change, and the deal will actually be from a 3rd party that didn’t pay for tickets in the first place.
Correct me if I'm wrong (which as we all know is almost never), but typically don't ticket prices go up and down after they are bought by a broker or speculator or whatever? Although I guess a school does at times do the 2 for 1, etc. deals when they control the (unsold) tickets. In this case, who does control them? Did WSU get 1/2 the tickets with a "here's your revenue" stipulation (less half the cost to actually put on the game)? And who controls the media money for this game anyway?

Correct me if I'm wrong (which as we all know is almost never), but typically don't ticket prices go up and down after they are bought by a broker or speculator or whatever? Although I guess a school does at times do the 2 for 1, etc. deals when they control the (unsold) tickets. In this case, who does control them? Did WSU get 1/2 the tickets with a "here's your revenue" stipulation (less half the cost to actually put on the game)? And who controls the media money for this game anyway?
I thought it was a 50/50 ticket split and I believe since the game is on Peacock, UW controls the money?

There won't be many, if any unsold seats. UW finished 2nd in the Nation last season. The stadium will be full.

Its $5 to get a month of Peacock.

And Peacock will have ADs.

For all intents and purposes they might as well put it on NBC and call it $5 ppv. Except you get some extra shit you might enjoy for a month.

For all intents and purposes they might as well put it on NBC and call it $5 ppv. Except you get some extra shit you might enjoy for a month.
Somehow $5 month seems to turn into a 36 month subscription for me. All these subscriptions are bleeding me to death.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
There won't be many, if any unsold seats. UW finished 2nd in the Nation last season. The stadium will be full.
Unsold seats maybe not, corps will buy up plenty of them. That’s really all that matters. Empty seats, there will be plenty. And it has nothing to do with UWs run last year. Plenty of “sold out” games with 15-20% no shows.

If you want to get a ticket for this game the week before, it won’t be a problem and you’ll probably find them for 1/4 the price. If you are paying full price now, congrats on your seat but you just pissed away $100 you could keep in your pocket.

I have Peacock for EPL, and I still will not watch.

But agree with you.

Unsold seats maybe not, corps will buy up plenty of them. That’s really all that matters. Empty seats, there will be plenty. And it has nothing to do with UWs run last year. Plenty of “sold out” games with 15-20% no shows.

If you want to get a ticket for this game the week before, it won’t be a problem and you’ll probably find them for 1/4 the price. If you are paying full price now, congrats on your seat but you just pissed away $100 you could keep in your pocket.
I don't think there will be many empty seats at all. People on these message boards grossly underestimate the popularity of this rivalry. WSU will have at least 30K fans in attendance, and UW could sell twice that number, especially with the game now being played in September.

I fully expect as many people for this game as there are for Seahawk games.

I purchased (5) tickets for the game for around $1,100 after fees. That breaks down to $220/ticket. Expensive? Absolutely, but that's the going rate for events in NFL stadiums.

My friends and I will share an UBER from a Bellevue/Kirkland park and ride for less than $80 total roundtrip. We'll drink overpriced beer, eat overpriced food, and at the end of the day, it's gonna cost us $350/each for tickets, booze, and food. The cool thing, if you're a Western WA based Coug, is that you'll leave your house at 9:00AM for a 12:30PM kickoff and be back home by 6:00 or 7:00PM that night.

Compare the cost and time commitment with a Pullman home game. Even if someone gives you free tickets, you're still looking at a roundtrip drive of 160 - 500+ miles, possibly a hotel with a 2-night minimum for $300+/night, food, booze, gas, and an all-weekend time suck.

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that our fans will always find something to complain about. Right now the message boarders are beating the "It's not Apple Cup anymore" drum. Let me tell you, as someone who's been attending games since the early 1980's, having the Apple Cup played in September is pretty nice. Yea, I'll miss the snow-game memories, but I won't miss the constant worrying about the Mountain Passes and freezing my arse off. Pullman and Seattle among the nicest places to be in September.

I hope we find our way into another power conference and keep the Apple Cup going in September.

I purchased (5) tickets for the game for around $1,100 after fees. That breaks down to $220/ticket. Expensive? Absolutely, but that's the going rate for events in NFL stadiums.

My friends and I will share an UBER from a Bellevue/Kirkland park and ride for less than $80 total roundtrip. We'll drink overpriced beer, eat overpriced food, and at the end of the day, it's gonna cost us $350/each for tickets, booze, and food. The cool thing, if you're a Western WA based Coug, is that you'll leave your house at 9:00AM for a 12:30PM kickoff and be back home by 6:00 or 7:00PM that night.

Compare the cost and time commitment with a Pullman home game. Even if someone gives you free tickets, you're still looking at a roundtrip drive of 160 - 500+ miles, possibly a hotel with a 2-night minimum for $300+/night, food, booze, gas, and an all-weekend time suck.

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that our fans will always find something to complain about. Right now the message boarders are beating the "It's not Apple Cup anymore" drum. Let me tell you, as someone who's been attending games since the early 1980's, having the Apple Cup played in September is pretty nice. Yea, I'll miss the snow-game memories, but I won't miss the constant worrying about the Mountain Passes and freezing my arse off. Pullman and Seattle among the nicest places to be in September.

I hope we find our way into another power conference and keep the Apple Cup going in September.
I appreciate the glass half full approach you’re taking to this. Maybe I’ll get there someday but I’m not feeling it right now. Im someone who has a lot invested in the program as well and have been to like 15 of the last 17 ACs…I don’t feel like supporting a “rivalry” that was abandoned by UW along with 100 years of conference history for a few short term bucks. It was already an uneven playing field when it came to resources -if we don’t end up getting an invite to another P5 it’s going to be a bodybag game.

I’ll still support the Cougs no matter who they are playing or what football classification they land in, but this “arrangement” isn’t the Apple Cup to me and I have little interest in it until we know more about where the program is going to land. If we end up in the B12 or a rebuilt coast-to-coast ACC, bring it on and make it nasty

I appreciate the glass half full approach you’re taking to this. Maybe I’ll get there someday but I’m not feeling it right now. Im someone who has a lot invested in the program as well and have been to like 15 of the last 17 ACs…I don’t feel like supporting a “rivalry” that was abandoned by UW along with 100 years of conference history for a few short term bucks. It was already an uneven playing field when it came to resources -if we don’t end up getting an invite to another P5 it’s going to be a bodybag game.

I’ll still support the Cougs no matter who they are playing or what football classification they land in, but this “arrangement” isn’t the Apple Cup to me and I have little interest in it until we know more about where the program is going to land. If we end up in the B12 or a rebuilt coast-to-coast ACC, bring it on and make it nasty
I agree, this isn’t the Apple Cup. That game died when greedy programs like the huskies killed off the PAC12. All it is now is a pseudo Big 10 program who whored themselves out against the Cougs.

I agree, this isn’t the Apple Cup. That game died when greedy programs like the huskies killed off the PAC12. All it is now is a pseudo Big 10 program who whored themselves out against the Cougs.
The Huskies didn't kill it off. They accepted an offer that we would have accepted if given the invitation. If any one school is to blame for this, it's USC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT