ADVERTISEMENT

Apple Cup tickets from WSU at Lumen: $94 - $424/each....

I appreciate the glass half full approach you’re taking to this. Maybe I’ll get there someday but I’m not feeling it right now. Im someone who has a lot invested in the program as well and have been to like 15 of the last 17 ACs…I don’t feel like supporting a “rivalry” that was abandoned by UW along with 100 years of conference history for a few short term bucks. It was already an uneven playing field when it came to resources -if we don’t end up getting an invite to another P5 it’s going to be a bodybag game.

I’ll still support the Cougs no matter who they are playing or what football classification they land in, but this “arrangement” isn’t the Apple Cup to me and I have little interest in it until we know more about where the program is going to land. If we end up in the B12 or a rebuilt coast-to-coast ACC, bring it on and make it nasty
I don't blame you for that sentiment, and I certainly don't have a glass half full attitude about all of this. I'm emotionally done with collegiate athletics. I have a son beginning his WSU journey in August, so that will keep me engaged for a few more years. After that, I won't make it to Pullman nearly as often.

I'll always attend the Apple Cup though. I've watched us lose that game 70% of the time for 40 years, so these changes don't bug me on that front. I don't blame the UW for killing the conference like so many of our fans do. That's just not accurate. USC sent the entire conference into panic mode. Sure, UW "could have" taken the high road, but they didn't. We wouldn't have either.

I don't blame you for that sentiment, and I certainly don't have a glass half full attitude about all of this. I'm emotionally done with collegiate athletics. I have a son beginning his WSU journey in August, so that will keep me engaged for a few more years. After that, I won't make it to Pullman nearly as often.

I'll always attend the Apple Cup though. I've watched us lose that game 70% of the time for 40 years, so these changes don't bug me on that front. I don't blame the UW for killing the conference like so many of our fans do. That's just not accurate. USC sent the entire conference into panic mode. Sure, UW "could have" taken the high road, but they didn't. We wouldn't have either.
We can agree to disagree. Its not as much that they did it, its also how they did it. It was with as much integrity as Behring trying to move the Hawks from Seattle. They lied and didn’t show when the TV deal was supposed to get done. USC might have started it but they put the nail in the coffin with their back handed dealing.

Reactions: Stretch 74
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT