ADVERTISEMENT

Aron Baynes!

Glad Cougar

Hall Of Fame
Apr 2, 2003
Aberdeen SD
Had a great game vs. Portland in Game One....played perhaps a season high 15 minutes.....10 points, 7 rebounds. Was a major factor in the first half. Good for him....even though I'm a Blazer fan.

Glad Cougar

Yeah I was shocked when I turned on the game early in the second and saw Baynesie in there. In his 8 minute 1st-2nd quarter stint he was 4-4 with 5 rebounds. Some nice plays, including the followup dunk on a Ginobili miss, I believe in the 3rd quarter. He almost sunk a 3 point shot as well - weird jump ball play where the ball got tipped to him and he didn;t have shot clock time to pass and had to launch it. Just rimmed out, dang it.

I think the best play wa where a Trailblazer came driving in - Bayne went straight up and the guy literally bounced off of him. They replayed it several times, and it was hilarious. Announcers were laughing - Baynes didn't even budge, and the Blazer hit the floor. They called a foul on Aron, which was crap. I read awhile back that he gets unfair fouls because we doesn;t flop - he just stands there and the other guy goes down.

Just when I was startign to get worried about whether he was going to stick with SA he shows us something. Coach Pop, Duncan and Parker all complemented him after the game.

Good job Baynes!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT