ADVERTISEMENT

ASU looking really beatable

wulffui

Hall Of Fame
Nov 5, 2011
But ASU beat us in previous years with different guys, so that's a super big consideration.

Really sloppy looking unit out of Graham in year four.

But ASU beat us in previous years with different guys, so that's a super big consideration.

Really sloppy looking unit out of Graham in year four.

They are getting it going right now. Oregon's defense is terrible at times. I think our passing offense is better than Oregon's and that will help us when we play ASU, but it is going to be a track meet if we are going to beat them.

They've gotten to Bercovici- hard. And what ASU has gotten done mostly came once Buckner had to leave.

If Bercovici is Brokovici, I really don't like their chances.

If we can protect Falk, I like our chances against that ASU defense.
It'll be a "bet the over" game. Based on what I've seen of the two teams, I'd suggest that the game will come down to us being able to protect our QB better, and Berc looking more mistake prone than Falk. Richard will run for about a quarter mile, though.

Refs starting to get sleepy. That they let that one stand but overturned the Adams TD based on the camera angles is nutty. Then Oregon throws feces with their two point call.

ASU has three solid run guys, including the QB, and their defense is dangerously aggressive. I don't want Falk to have to scramble like Adams. The interesting matchup is the WSU OL vs ASU DL.

ASU has three solid run guys, including the QB, and their defense is dangerously aggressive. I don't want Falk to have to scramble like Adams. The interesting matchup is the WSU OL vs ASU DL.
I don't know if O's D is that bad, but Berc's read options looked spectacular. I'm concerned we don't contain (and we frequently don't) and runs all over us. If Randall had played all game last week, I'm not sure we would have had the lead we did.

Its not the DL, its the blitzers. They are usually bringing LBs or S on every down. Can we pick up the blitz or neutralize it with draws/ screens/ etc?

Its not the DL, its the blitzers. They are usually bringing LBs or S on every down. Can we pick up the blitz or neutralize it with draws/ screens/ etc?
I'm more confident than I would have been last year- in a game where Oregon broke 60, they still left monster plays on the table, mostly because the guys coming after the QB weren't on the same page as the guys covering the receivers.

I'm more confident than I would have been last year- in a game where Oregon broke 60, they still left monster plays on the table, mostly because the guys coming after the QB weren't on the same page as the guys covering the receivers.
Yeah, Oregon was a mess. ASU looked very beatable at times... but so did Oregon. The game was very sloppy to say the least, and but when you have Bercovici throwing picks just because he can, it makes me feel a lot better about our chances.

This will be very interesting to see how much Falk has grown since we played ASU last season.

Recall that they blitzed incessantly after we jumped all over them and the world came crumbling down for us.

PS I went to bed last night at around 10pm. I am so glad I didn't stay up for the 3OT marathon between Oregon and ASU.

Reactions: YakiCoug
The pick Bercovici threw in the fourth where he just assumed the offside flag would come at some point goes in the same "what was he thinking?" file as Arizona's 4th and 1 defensive alignment from last week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT