ADVERTISEMENT

Attention fellow degenerate gamblers

WASH ST A&M FAN

Head Coach
Sep 4, 2002
The Vegas Spread went 0-3 yesterday & has lost 5 straight overall.

These dogs are barking early in this bowl season.

Depending if one goes with the dogs or the favorites determines if one wins or loses. Las Vegas will at least break even irregardless of who wins the game or beats the spread.

I know you are . The cougs have been installed as a 10 1/2 pt favorite. The odds makers think that the recent turmoil in the Minn camp will lead to a subpar performance. What do people here think?

I know you are . The cougs have been installed as a 10 1/2 pt favorite. The odds makers think that the recent turmoil in the Minn camp will lead to a subpar performance. What do people here think?
I think on paper, especially with the suspensions particularly in the secondary, the Cougs should easily cover. What should happen: Cougs should slice Minnesotas secondary up and get out to a 3 score lead, forcing Minnesota into a game of catch-up that they are not good at, resulting in a blowout.

What is more likely to happen based on what I've seen from this team: Cougs struggle to stop the run and offense is out if rhythm early. Minnesota gets up early. second half when WSUs offense wakes up, they take the lead, then it's a seasaw battle to the finish.

Reactions: California Coug
Scary game. Does Minnesota suffer from the distractions, or did the boycott threat unify their team? Is WSU focused? You never really know. It's been a long layoff after a couple of tough losses to the season.

Minnesota played everyone on their schedule tough. I don't think expect them to be worse than UCLA, ASU, OSU, Boise State, EWU. If we show up flat, I think we'll be in for a surprise. Giving 10+ points? Hmmmmmm?

Scary game. Does Minnesota suffer from the distractions, or did the boycott threat unify their team? Is WSU focused? You never really know. It's been a long layoff after a couple of tough losses to the season.

Minnesota played everyone on their schedule tough. I don't think expect them to be worse than UCLA, ASU, OSU, Boise State, EWU. If we show up flat, I think we'll be in for a surprise. Giving 10+ points? Hmmmmmm?
My feelings exactly. Their problems with the poorly considered boycott threat may have the team focused on repairing their image. The Gophers have mostly played up or down to the level of their opponents. A few narrow victories over some relatively weak teams and some narrow losses to some good ones. Is their loss of a couple of DBs worth a touchdown? Not sure.

CP addresses the gorilla in the room that we can all see: our unfortunate tendency to come out flat. Tell me how we do in the first quarter and I'll tell you how we probably do in the game. I have no idea why these slow starts occur but it has come to me that our new WR coach may have the personality to be of assistance. He is apparently a "yeller". Big Joe is intense and Manning is off the chart. Possibly Sage can be the final spark to light some fire under their butts.

Happy Holidays, peace and goodwill to all. Go Cougs!

I think the slow starts can be attributed to the complexity of the offense; specifically the importance of timing on the routes. If we come out false starting and getting behind the chains, Minnesota's front 7 is good enough to give us fits. On the other hand, if we start fast, it will completely blow up their ground and pound gameplay.

I wish their players weren't suspended. It's kind of a no win game for us now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT