ADVERTISEMENT

Be careful on the way to Pullman

That’s a bull.. how could you not see that bull unless your a speeding which can be very easy in that area.

That’s a bull.. how could you not see that bull unless your a speeding which can be very easy in that area.
Maybe the bull was chasing some tail? They can move pretty damn fast if they want. Maybe it was an unexpected bull bounding into the road. Kind of like a deer only a shit ton larger!:eek:

Reactions: kougkurt
FarSideCownCar.gif

I thought that I would add this to the conversation

Not if it's open range--not 100% on that area as laws vary from state to state, but open range laws can put the driver at fault, not the livestock owner.

I thought it wasn't open range right there by mp39 but I may have spoken too soon. I'll get a closer look tomorrow when I drive to the game :).

Thanks, 1990; perfect cartoon comment. Like any major institution we have many famous and worthy alums. When the subject arises I express the opinion that our two most significant are Gary Larson & Dr. Lawrence Peter. I then proceed to explain that Wazzu is the foremost home of heirarchiologists. Dr. Peter because of his organizational structure theories and Gary Larson because of his unique illustrations of how perceptions can alter heirarchies. I say all this with a totally straight face and it often comes up while consuming fermented beverages, or leads to a later meeting to discuss it further over fermented beverages. Where the conversation goes from there depends upon the participants, but with those who appreciate Far Side humor, it is not a stretch to extend the Peter Principal as a framework/foundation for the conversation.

As for the dead cow, I grew up working in my dad's body and fender shop in Rockford (small town on highway 27 in SE Spokane county; Freeman school district). We usually had to repair 3-4 cars or trucks per year due to deer strikes and about 1 per year due to farm animals. Cows, horses, one sheep and I even remember one mule (the mule walked away from it; he rolled up onto the hood of a jacked up Chevy Nova and took out the windshield). There is no open range in SE Spokane county; if your animal gets on the road, the result is your fault. Fence maintenance, cattle guards, etc. are the owner's responsibility. It was a truism in our FFA chapter that nobody would keep goats, because the little buggers were so hard to keep penned up. They will even climb trees to get over a fence.

My brother (also a Coug) is a DNR land manager, and it is my understanding from him that virtually all leased state forest land is open range. You are your own recognizance when driving there.

Apparently 3 cows where hit last night.

It would appear some section of fencing is down. I've never heard of this many vehicle-bovine collisions in such a short time span. Saw the nasty aftermath of a car-deer collision a few weeks ago not far from Washtucna. The deer was in many pieces, and the car was off the road way. If either a deer or bovine goes through your windshield, you are dead.

Thanks, 1990; perfect cartoon comment. Like any major institution we have many famous and worthy alums. When the subject arises I express the opinion that our two most significant are Gary Larson & Dr. Lawrence Peter. I then proceed to explain that Wazzu is the foremost home of heirarchiologists. Dr. Peter because of his organizational structure theories and Gary Larson because of his unique illustrations of how perceptions can alter heirarchies. I say all this with a totally straight face and it often comes up while consuming fermented beverages, or leads to a later meeting to discuss it further over fermented beverages. Where the conversation goes from there depends upon the participants, but with those who appreciate Far Side humor, it is not a stretch to extend the Peter Principal as a framework/foundation for the conversation.

As for the dead cow, I grew up working in my dad's body and fender shop in Rockford (small town on highway 27 in SE Spokane county; Freeman school district). We usually had to repair 3-4 cars or trucks per year due to deer strikes and about 1 per year due to farm animals. Cows, horses, one sheep and I even remember one mule (the mule walked away from it; he rolled up onto the hood of a jacked up Chevy Nova and took out the windshield). There is no open range in SE Spokane county; if your animal gets on the road, the result is your fault. Fence maintenance, cattle guards, etc. are the owner's responsibility. It was a truism in our FFA chapter that nobody would keep goats, because the little buggers were so hard to keep penned up. They will even climb trees to get over a fence.

My brother (also a Coug) is a DNR land manager, and it is my understanding from him that virtually all leased state forest land is open range. You are your own recognizance when driving there.
Sorry but Dolph Lundgren > Larson+Peter

Chip, Dolph is an impressive guy, and I'm sure that his year as an exchange student helped that...but he doesn't touch either Larson or Peter in terms of social & organizational observations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT