ADVERTISEMENT

Bowls

Coug-Vandal

Hall Of Fame
Jan 7, 2003
I always root against USC unless they are playing Notre Dame but this is an especially good weekend to root against USC. If Stanford beats them convincingly they are a 5 loss team. Stanford goes to the Rose Bowl--Oregon to the Alamo Bowl and from what I've heard the Holiday Bowl prefers us to Utah.
I can't go anyway but the Holiday Bowl against Wisconsin or Northwestern is a much better place for this team to erase the memory of the rotten Apple Cup.

Go Cougs

I did read an article earlier that mentioned that USC is probably not all that welcome in El Paso based on tweets by players prior to the game about the city and the failure of the entire USC team to show up on time for a scheduled dinner before the game. The general consensus that I've seen out there is that the perception that WSU, due to its recent struggles, is more appealing than Utah, has a head to head win against UCLA and is excited to be anywhere compared to USC. The more I read and hear, the more it feels like San Diego.

I did read an article earlier that mentioned that USC is probably not all that welcome in El Paso based on tweets by players prior to the game about the city and the failure of the entire USC team to show up on time for a scheduled dinner before the game. The general consensus that I've seen out there is that the perception that WSU, due to its recent struggles, is more appealing than Utah, has a head to head win against UCLA and is excited to be anywhere compared to USC. The more I read and hear, the more it feels like San Diego.
I saw a tweet, can't find it, but a reporter saying something to the affect that the Holiday Bowl isn't about record, isn't about W/L for them between the choices. They like WSU. Blunt, point blank, no explanation.

WSU made an awfully good impression the last time it went to San Diego. I was there and so were probably many of you. Great turnout by fans and a damn fine performance vs. Texas by the Cougs. I would love to go back to the Holiday Bowl.

Glad Cougar

I saw a tweet, can't find it, but a reporter saying something to the affect that the Holiday Bowl isn't about record, isn't about W/L for them between the choices. They like WSU. Blunt, point blank, no explanation.

I read somewhere that San Diego prefers the Cougs to SC because we are booking hotels and buying more meals. Trojans are just filling the tank to get home after the game.

I read somewhere that San Diego prefers the Cougs to SC because we are booking hotels and buying more meals. Trojans are just filling the tank to get home after the game.
Don't forget - in addition to stopping by the gas station convenient store to buy "Dentyne"!

Obviously we need to be rooting for Stanford on Sat. I used to live in San Diego and would love a chance to go back and spend some time there. I agreed to a post Christmas trip to Maui back in August when talking about a Holiday Bowl invite for the Cougs would have invited howls of laughter. Next year I'll try to leave Christmas open and hope the Cougs give us a reason to go to the Rose Bowl. Hope I can find a good sports bar in Maui to watch the Cougs beat Wisconsin.

Go Cougs

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT