ADVERTISEMENT

BSB Final: Cougs 11, UC Davis 1 (Story + Stats + Postgame)

Pretty nice start by Green's kids. Of course- and I did not say this- we started out nicely last year only to fall on our swords in the following seven or eight games. But so far, so good. I noticed in the box score that the hitting was spread out throughout the team. It was always frustrating during the previous administrations to see one or two kids hitting 300 while the rest of the team loitered in the low 200s. Hopefully they can keep the offensive strength spread team wise. Also liked the control demonstrated by the pitchers involved. Four walks, one hit batter and a wild pitch is not bad at all for on opening game. Anyway, a nice start by our Cougs baseballers and I hope that I am not putting a jinx on them by noticing this.

Pretty nice start by Green's kids. Of course- and I did not say this- we started out nicely last year only to fall on our swords in the following seven or eight games. But so far, so good. I noticed in the box score that the hitting was spread out throughout the team. It was always frustrating during the previous administrations to see one or two kids hitting 300 while the rest of the team loitered in the low 200s. Hopefully they can keep the offensive strength spread team wise. Also liked the control demonstrated by the pitchers involved. Four walks, one hit batter and a wild pitch is not bad at all for on opening game. Anyway, a nice start by our Cougs baseballers and I hope that I am not putting a jinx on them by noticing this.
We actually started out 2-5 last year, but ended up winning 7 out of our last 9 before covid shut it down.
Nonetheless, Green and staff are difference makers and this program is going in the right direction.
Green is a hitting guru, but I like the fact he is high on the pitching staff.

Reactions: kayak15 and acgcoug
Pac-12 is really tough but I expect the Cougars to be competitive. Media poll puts them 10th (out of 11 teams) but you have powerhouse UCLA and the Arizona schools among the tops nationally and, of course, OSU is always good. Green appears to be putting together a really nice program. Us oldtimers can recall the old days of Bobo Brayton and how good our baseball program was at one time. Would love to see it return to prominence. Fingers crossed.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: SDCoug and kayak15
Pac-12 is really tough but I expect the Cougars to be competitive. Media poll puts them 10th (out of 11 teams) but you have powerhouse UCLA and the Arizona schools among the tops nationally and, of course, OSU is always good. Green appears to be putting together a really nice program. Us oldtimers can recall the old days of Bobo Brayton and how good our baseball program was at one time. Would love to see it return to prominence. Fingers crossed.

Glad Cougar
Up 5-0 in T-4 in game 1 of today’s DH.

No disagreements from me with either of the previous posts. Green and crew have the team in the right direction so far, Recruiting has been nice and this is without any on-site visitation of the new facilities. I think that we can reasonably expect that to continue after Covid dissipates.

I was unaware of the preseason poll and where we are predicted to finish. Rather surprised with the low expectation. Still quite early in this season but they do not look bad at all and, as taf88 noted, we were finally showing signs of life prior to the pandemic shutting everything down. That and the recent recruiting success should have garnered better than a 10th place.

Glad's wish for the return of some Bobo level results are in line with my own. Ever since Brayton left our baseball program has been weak or mediocre at best. Well past time for some fun for the Coug alumni.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT