ADVERTISEMENT

BSB Final: Gonzaga 15, Cougs 3 (Stats)

Was not expecting this. They really laid an egg. Hopefully, the compete much better this weekend against CAL

Year 1, not worried about it with a mid-week game. In a couple years different story.

Year 1, not worried about it with a mid-week game. In a couple years different story.
Yes, of course. I still expect them to finish at or near the bottom of the standings. But, Gonzaga is not a strong team this year. I would have hoped that they would have shown up to play. They didn't. It is a learning experience.

Yes, of course. I still expect them to finish at or near the bottom of the standings. But, Gonzaga is not a strong team this year. I would have hoped that they would have shown up to play. They didn't. It is a learning experience.
Agree and definitely sucks to lose so big to GU. Just keeping perspective. Today just says there’s still a lot of work to do and that’s probably to be expected at this point.

Agree and definitely sucks to lose so big to GU. Just keeping perspective. Today just says there’s still a lot of work to do and that’s probably to be expected at this point.

Baseball is a weird sport. Almost nothing can be taken from a single game. It tends to even out over the course of the season, but for a single game it doesn't say much of anything.

Baseball is a weird sport. Almost nothing can be taken from a single game. It tends to even out over the course of the season, but for a single game it doesn't say much of anything.
Agree.

And then consider that Green was resting the "A" team for the Pac12 opener. Many of the players on the field were not usual starters but the "B" team. No starting pitcher, well at least no normal starter. This was a bullpen game. The plan was to run out a series of relievers and get an inning or two out of each. Didn't work. I threw in the towel in the third inning, by which time they were on their fourth pitcher. Green tried to squeeze out a win with reserves and the bullpen. Obviously, did not work. Nice try though. Now on to the conference games.

Gonzaga beat Oregon State in Arizona during the opening weekend of the season. Then they got swept in a 4-game series at Arkansas. Up and down season for them so far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT