ADVERTISEMENT

BSU Watch parties, Sac St.

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2022
Completely different topics.
Got my WSU Alumni Assoc. e-mail newsletter, actually impressed by all the watch parties listed. Even one in YakiVegas, pretty close to where I live. I could almost walk there. If there is any interest on the Board, I can copy and paste the (long) list from my e-mail.

Sacramento State? I choose not to opine, other than 30,000 would be a more suitable stadium size. Link below.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sacramento-state-announces-plan-25-191253959.html

Got my WSU Alumni Assoc. e-mail newsletter, actually impressed by all the watch parties listed. Even one in YakiVegas, pretty close to where I live. I could almost walk there. If there is any interest on the Board, I can copy and paste the (long) list from my e-mail.

Sacramento State? I choose not to opine, other than 30,000 would be a more suitable stadium size. Link below.

Like Boise, Sacramento is not a state

I’ll occasionally go to a bar to watch a Coug game but I’m not a fan of paying $8/beer. I’m also pretty particular with who I watch with at home parties. I get annoyed watching with people who are casual fans and are confused as to why we are playing Mtn Weat teams instead of Cal, UCLA etc. so I’m more then happy watching big games solo so I can yell at the TV without judgement.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
I’ll occasionally go to a bar to watch a Coug game but I’m not a fan of paying $8/beer. I’m also pretty particular with who I watch with at home parties. I get annoyed watching with people who are casual fans and are confused as to why we are playing Mtn Weat teams instead of Cal, UCLA etc. so I’m more then happy watching big games solo so I can yell at the TV without judgement.
I’ll add that I’m no longer interested in watching with people who just use the game as an excuse to drink, especially when they don’t even have the sense to stop drinking high school beer. Also don’t care to watch around people who have no idea what they’re talking about - like the guy who sat behind me for the Texas Tech game and kept complaining about how Leach ALWAYS called QB sneaks and that’s why he was a bad coach.

Between the people you mention, and the ones I exclude, it’s best that I watch games by myself with a 6 pack of my choosing…which I probably won’t finish.

Now get off my lawn.

I’ll add that I’m no longer interested in watching with people who just use the game as an excuse to drink, especially when they don’t even have the sense to stop drinking high school beer. Also don’t care to watch around people who have no idea what they’re talking about - like the guy who sat behind me for the Texas Tech game and kept complaining about how Leach ALWAYS called QB sneaks and that’s why he was a bad coach.

Between the people you mention, and the ones I exclude, it’s best that I watch games by myself with a 6 pack of my choosing…which I probably won’t finish.

Now get off my lawn.
I lived in Tacoma in 2017. Was at a sort of Coug-friendly bar for the USC game. Place was mostly full of Cougs. This one dipshit was there cheering on USC quite loudly. I asked him if was from California, and if he attended USC. No and no. We were losing at that moment, and I had a good buzz going. Fisticuffs were narrowly avoided. Thankfully we won.

Another game. forget who, same bar. This mangy dipshit whose quite cute GF was bartending (why she was with him is one of those mysteries) was cheering for the other team because their QB was on his fantasy team. Ripping him off his barstool and pummeling him was narrowly avoided.

Moral = I think I too will relegate myself to my couch. Already have my Coors Light in stock. I'll have to start looking for the 'ol Crimson lager going forward....

I lived in Tacoma in 2017. Was at a sort of Coug-friendly bar for the USC game. Place was mostly full of Cougs. This one dipshit was there cheering on USC quite loudly. I asked him if was from California, and if he attended USC. No and no. We were losing at that moment, and I had a good buzz going. Fisticuffs were narrowly avoided. Thankfully we won.

Another game. forget who, same bar. This mangy dipshit whose quite cute GF was bartending (why she was with him is one of those mysteries) was cheering for the other team because their QB was on his fantasy team. Ripping him off his barstool and pummeling him was narrowly avoided.

Moral = I think I too will relegate myself to my couch. Already have my Coors Light in stock. I'll have to start looking for the 'ol Crimson lager going forward....
The most delicious way to support the Coug Collective, and depending on your level of consumption, the most profitable for the collective as well.

$16 a Pac12 (see what I did there) at south hill Safeways.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT