ADVERTISEMENT

***Cal @ WSU - GAME THREAD***

Pippins just tackled his guy on the goal line

One of he things that I hate about SC4life/PGownsWhitney is when Pippins makes a bad play it makes me think "See that, he is not all that." I do not like feeling that way because Pippins is one of our own.

Reactions: Alpine Cougar
In this case the penalty worked out for us, but this is the 11th penalty in a quarter and a half. I don't deny that there are penalties to be called, but why is it that P12 refs are reaching in their pocket for flags like a bum looking for change at a Greyhound station.

Reactions: Flatlandcoug
I need to check myself here. We're up 21-7 and I'm losing my mind over us not converting in the 2nd quarter.

I would say that a good 50% of reviewed plays are blocked by a player standing on/near the sideline 40 yards away from the play

Hansen with 128 yards receiving with 4 minutes to go in the first half! Making our D his b----

EXCEPT FOR THAT MOMENT WHEN DERIDER PICKED IT OFF

Cougs take advantage of a Webb mistake. No points given up.
Now need to make them pay for this with at least some points before half.

It's almost too bad for Gabe. So much attention that Cracraft - who has already carved out a nice rep for himself - is wide open 3/4 of the time.

Hopefully, they will take the second half kickoff and score.

Let's all take a moment to appreciate how much better our special teams are than they used to be...

THINKER_side_columns.jpg

Why are broadcasters so liberal in their usage of "almost picked off"? I feel like that's only true about 1/4 of the time they claim it almost happened.

Would have rather seen them do a full kick rather than that pooch and let Cal run off 12 plays.

Broadcast commenting on how many penalties. They have to imagine this is about the teams rather than about these hot garbage refs.

Now showing highlights of UW and their crappy blackout jerseys losing at home to #whocares USC. Looks like those purple and gold (oops, black) jerseys paid dividends once again, Mutts!

Getting the bounces again for the second game in a row. Not as fortunate as early against Arizona, but still doing well, and taking care of business. We're playing through our mistakes, and Cal isn't. A score on the opening drive of the half and I'll feel even better.

We look pretty good.

Special teams got the first TD
Falk is doing Falk things as is Cracraft
Backs are running hard
Defense is bending but buckling down and preventing points.

Keep it going

I would like to see some more havoc in the backfield and not let Webb setup I suppose that would be my only major critique

CU is up on UofA 42-10 now. They have opened up the game in the third quarter.

Falk is a little off this game. It started with the interception on the first drive

35-7. Took almost four minutes off the clock. Just beautiful

It looked like a scrimmage on that last drive.
3rd and 5...no problem.
Scary thing is that Cougs have not been close to perfect tonight and they are still up 35-7 early in the 3rd.
Webb and Hansen are players for Cal but due to injuries they don't have much else.

It looked like a scrimmage on that last drive.
3rd and 5...no problem.
Scary thing is that Cougs have not been close to perfect tonight and they are still up 35-7 early in the 3rd.
Webb and Hansen are players for Cal but due to injuries they don't have much else.

I think all the flags that have been called on both sides makes the game feel more disjointed than it really is. At least, that is one theory.

Yikes, replay seems harmless but Cracraft looks in a bad way with that knee. Imagine tearing your way through the P12 and then facing CU/UW/bowl game without Cracraft.

Yikes, replay seems harmless but Cracraft looks in a bad way with that knee. Imagine tearing your way through the P12 and then facing CU/UW/bowl game without Cracraft.
Yeah, it did not look good. They took him away on a cart.

Wait for the medical report. He was at least putting weight on both legs.
He is a key player for the Cougs

Cracraft is hobbling but he is walking. Not sure what it means but it's better than being taken off on a cart.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT