ADVERTISEMENT

Close the book on JDL

CougPatrol

Hall Of Fame
Dec 8, 2006
Kid is a baller. Wow. He’s totally exceeded my expectations, which were pretty high.

He’ll make a lot of rookie mistakes, he needs to mature into his arm strength, work on his intermediate touch,
Dial in his throwing motion. All of those things can be coached, but he has the “it” factor.

Hope he can stay healthy, because he’s the best freshman QB I’ve ever seen at WSU.

His running ability is incredible. He had one run in where he took off for 7 yards but he completed the yardage in a second. Luke Falk would have taken about 5 seconds to get that far down field.
(no offense to Luke- great Coug QB and he helped turn the program around).

If JDL gets his passing game to a higher level during the course of this year then watch out for this offense next year.
Also hats off to the defense so far. I don't recognize some of the names and that's a good thing.

Yea, I’m not taking my hat off for the defense yet. They’re playing hard, but the lane assignments and tackling still look suspect.

Gotta stack the box and make Gebbia beat us.

I have to admit I was nervous going into the game starting a true freshman at QB but then I read an article about him and realized we would be fine with this kid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT