ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado kickoff time on 10/21

I was concerned about the ability to get up for night games, but if its the new normal I supposed the kids will get used to it.

Its just going to suck for them having to travel back east for a daytime kick if anyone in the P12 gets a playoff berth.

I was disappointed to see the late start. It means that I'll have a good long day in Pullman and might even spend a few hours in Spokane before I head down, but it means that I'll be checking into a hotel at around 3 am (my time) after the game is done and we make a couple hours drive. Martin should be hopping for the game though.

With the Cougs now in the Top 10, you can expect more prime time games as well.

With the Cougs now in the Top 10, you can expect more prime time games as well.

Prime time is very relative. It just sucks that because of other games, they have a 7:30 or 7:45 start. A lot of the games in the midwest that have a prime time start on a Saturday start at 6 pm or 6:30 pm.

Sick of night games, would like to start drinking in the early afternoon rather than evening.

Funny how UW and Stanford complain about the late starts they have - I'm almost completely positive WSU leads night games the past 4 years without even breaking it down.

Reactions: earldacoug
Sick of night games, would like to start drinking in the early afternoon rather than evening.

7, I can deal with. 7:45 is starting to push it. My kids don't seem to care, at 6 am, that I stayed up till midnight watching the Cougs.

7, I can deal with. 7:45 is starting to push it. My kids don't seem to care, at 6 am, that I stayed up till midnight watching the Cougs.
Amen. Add to that the Cougville recovery and 1hr+ drive I have afterward, and 6am comes damn early.

Is it wrong to lock them in their rooms til noon so a guy can get some sleep?

On one hand, I agree with the Whatever Girl. On the other...Thank you Kirk, may we have another!!!

I was concerned about the ability to get up for night games, but if its the new normal I supposed the kids will get used to it.

Its just going to suck for them having to travel back east for a daytime kick if anyone in the P12 gets a playoff berth.

That’s why midnight maneuvers get over around midnight.

Just go f**k yourself ESPN. I'm in that crowd that feels one or two late starts a year is probably fine, but I hate how this sh*t starts becoming the norm around here.

I’m not a fan of the late starts, but if the conference can figure out how to distribute them evenly amoung the teams, I’ll be ok with them.

TV revenue drives everything, so I understand them wanting to have games in every time slot, but the 7:30 or later starts have to be distributed evenly.

Funny how UW and Stanford complain about the late starts they have - I'm almost completely positive WSU leads night games the past 4 years without even breaking it down.
What's ironic is that Montlake complains about night games, and all they have to do is jump on public transportation, (bus or light rail) and they're at the stadium in 20 minutes.

We on the other hand, have to drive 10 hours round trip, and spend a boat load of money in travel and accommodations, or even worse, an "over and back". Let alone, emptying our wallets at the Crimson & Gray.

Last edited:
Prime time is very relative. It just sucks that because of other games, they have a 7:30 or 7:45 start. A lot of the games in the midwest that have a prime time start on a Saturday start at 6 pm or 6:30 pm.

The Midwest benefits that way since the TV networks lump them in with the East Coast in their scheduling (as its only a 1 hour time difference). Most prime time games in the East start at 7:30 or 8 pm.

I'm surprised to see so many posts upset with night games for the Cougs. How many have they had this year?

The Midwest benefits that way since the TV networks lump them in with the East Coast in their scheduling (as its only a 1 hour time difference). Most prime time games in the East start at 7:30 or 8 pm.

I'm surprised to see so many posts upset with night games for the Cougs. How many have they had this year?

So far, five games have or will kickoff at 7:30 or later.

So far, five games have or will kickoff at 7:30 or later.

Thanks. Now I get why some fans are upset. Two or three night games a year is my limit. After that it gets too disruptive, especially for fans that have to travel a few hours to get to the game.

There’s no reason you have to wait until evening to start drinking for night games. Trust me on this one.
Fixed for you...

There's no reason you have to wait until Saturday to start drinking for night games.

What's ironic is that Montlake complains about night games, and all they have to do is jump on public transportation, (bus or light rail) and they're at the stadium in 20 minutes.

We on the other hand, have to drive 10 hours round trip, and spend a boat load of money in travel and accommodations, or even worse, an "over and back". Let alone, emptying our wallets at the Crimson & Gray.
Yes, well the Montlake crowd thinks the world revolves around them. Didn't take long for CP to get that bug

Reactions: walzuu
I'd enjoy a beautiful 2pm fall day kickoff. Like the good old days. I don't think we'll see those anymore though.

Geography and demographics matter. And since television drives the start times, we aren't going to see any more 2pm league games for the foreseeable future at home.

I'd enjoy a beautiful 2pm fall day kickoff. Like the good old days. I don't think we'll see those anymore though.

Geography and demographics matter. And since television drives the start times, we aren't going to see any more 2pm league games for the foreseeable future at home.
Unless you're an Oregon State, and you get passed up weekly by ESPN and Big Fox, then you're on the P12N, which you would then have an afternoon start time, right?!

Of course, this excludes non-con cupcakes.

Last edited:
Thanks. Now I get why some fans are upset. Two or three night games a year is my limit. After that it gets too disruptive, especially for fans that have to travel a few hours to get to the game.

Herbie, is that you?

The night games are absolutely brutal for anyone not in the Pacific time zone; I'm so sick of seeing them announced for 10 PM ET or later.

Literally 80% of the country lives 2+ hours ahead of PST, meaning those not on the westcoast have a slew of games ending the next day. Kicks after 7 PM mean that, by midnight, it's only halftime. Just brutal if you get up early or have any plans the following day. We went to a bar here in NY for the SC game and didn't get home until after 2 AM... this was a football game, not a rave. Here's the season's kicks in ET this year:
  • MSU: 10:30p
  • BSU: 10:30p (with 3OT - can't even imagine; I fell asleep at midnight)
  • OSU: 5:30p
  • Nevada: 6p
  • USC: 10:30p
  • Oregon: 8p
  • Cal: 10:30p
  • CU: 10:45p
5 of the first 8 games did/will end at 10 PM or later in the West, and 1 AM or later in the East. I would like to see more kicks between 1-4 PT, which works for pretty much anyone in the US - and also exposes WSU to the other 80% of the country...

The night games are absolutely brutal for anyone not in the Pacific time zone; I'm so sick of seeing them announced for 10 PM ET or later.

Literally 80% of the country lives 2+ hours ahead of PST, meaning those not on the westcoast have a slew of games ending the next day. Kicks after 7 PM mean that, by midnight, it's only halftime. Just brutal if you get up early or have any plans the following day. We went to a bar here in NY for the SC game and didn't get home until after 2 AM... this was a football game, not a rave. Here's the season's kicks in ET this year:
  • MSU: 10:30p
  • BSU: 10:30p (with 3OT - can't even imagine; I fell asleep at midnight)
  • OSU: 5:30p
  • Nevada: 6p
  • USC: 10:30p
  • Oregon: 8p
  • Cal: 10:30p
  • CU: 10:45p
5 of the first 8 games did/will end at 10 PM or later in the West, and 1 AM or later in the East. I would like to see more kicks between 1-4 PT, which works for pretty much anyone in the US - and also exposes WSU to the other 80% of the country...
I hear ya. And totally relate to falling asleep, which is common when I re-watch our games late at night.

Only advice to you is one thing! Thank the Football god for your DVR!

I’d guess at least 50% of the stadium has at least a 2 hour or more drive home. Many much longer than that.

Reactions: psu00

Cougpatrol's 5-year-old twins love running back to the RV in the dark. It makes it twice as hard for their drunk dad to find them. :)

I hear ya. And totally relate to falling asleep, which is common when I re-watch our games late at night.

Only advice to you is one thing! Thank the Football god for your DVR!
I paid a ton for TV last year to pick up the Cougs and the Seahawks... but you miss so many of the games on the eastcoast, no matter what package you have, that you end up watching 50%+ of the games online anyway. Not worth the money, so everything has to be live-streamed unfortunately.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT