ADVERTISEMENT

Comcast. The company that people love to hate. UW/Oregon locally BLACKED OUT!

M-I-Coug

Hall Of Fame
Oct 13, 2002
Scottsdale, AZ
Comcast. The company that people love to hate.

I’ve told you my opinion for decades. DISH Network has the Best DVR Technology and linear platform in the world.

Read how Seattle and Portland won't be able to watch their B1G Opener....

From Seattle Times readers:

"Comcast is so eff'd up on so many levels. After their tech support, which are poorly-trained contractors in the Philippines that are paid 87¢ an hour, went 0 for 13 on helping me resolve anything... I dumped them. If you think Comcast cares about you at all, you can put that thought to rest, because you won't be watching any Dawgs or Ducks this year.”

"I would go beyond that and say their tech is completely screwed up, particularly their website and email. And yes, I dumped them too, but part of the reason I did was the extra charges they added for sports programming, even if you didn't subscribe to anything in that area.”

"Get DISH Network and DISH Anywhere and use it wherever you want. You'll still get financially hosed by Comcast for Xfinity internet but at least you can watch what you want.”

The latest on Comcast, Big Ten Network dispute on eve of UW opener​

Jon WilnerAug. 30, 2024 at 4:20 pm

The Big Ten Network and Comcast remained locked in a dispute Friday afternoon that could prevent Comcast subscribers throughout the region from viewing Saturday’s Washington and Oregon football season openers.

“(Friday) is a big day in this negotiation,” Bob Thompson, the retired president of Fox Sports, noted on Twitter/X.
“Yes, there are a couple of games on Saturday but more importantly it is a holiday weekend. I can guarantee you that neither party wants to be on one endless zoom call!”

The Big Ten Network (BTN), which is owned by Fox, wants to be moved onto Comcast’s expanded basic tier on systems along the West Coast now that UCLA, USC, Oregon and Washington have entered the conference.
Thus far, Comcast hasn’t budged.

As a result, even subscribers who have paid for BTN on a Comcast sports tier are unable to watch live events involving the four West Coast schools.

If the stalemate continues into Saturday, Comcast subscribers in Portland, for example, would have access to the Purdue-Indiana State game on BTN but not Oregon’s opener against Idaho at 4:30 p.m.

And subscribers in Seattle wouldn’t be able to watch the first game of the Jedd Fisch era as the Huskies host Weber State at 8 p.m.
If there is no deal by kickoff in Eugene, both games likely will be blacked out — and the dispute could continue for days, if not weeks.
There are two games scheduled for Sept. 7 on BTN involving members of the West Coast quartet: Eastern Michigan at Washington and Utah State at USC.

Earlier this week, the Big Ten Network released the following statement:
“The Big Ten Network is proud to present an expanded slate of live sporting events featuring the newest members of the B1G conference, however most Comcast subscribers will not see these games.

As the one distribution partner that declined to expand along with us, Comcast Xfinity viewers in many areas will not have access to live broadcasts of the highly anticipated inaugural B1G season games for Oregon, UCLA, USC and Washington.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why anyone pays for cable anymore, or thinks it is a good way to get TV that includes satellite carriers. Baffling really.

I don’t understand why anyone pays for cable anymore, or thinks it is a good way to get TV that includes satellite carriers. Baffling really.
I’ve been contemplating getting rid of it altogether and just going to the bar to watch the games I want to watch. 99% of tv is crap and the companies that run it are a racket. The Mariners will suck forever so don’t miss them.

If you want to play, pay.

Is it really that hard for Husky and Duck fans to figure out?

Do the UW Ducks think Grandma, who only watches the knitting channel, was gonna pay for their windfall?

It’s Comcast’s fault they don’t get to watch for free?

I do feel bad for the 1-year Bellevue Community College dropouts that make up 70% of fuskie fans.

Even our tax dollars aren't enough for them to watch the games on the cell phones we bought them.

Last edited:
Sounds like a lot of cuog fans must still have Comcast and think it's the only option. You should catch up with the 2010's and cut the cord.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT