ADVERTISEMENT

Completely off topic - South Carolina

Loyal Coug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 27, 2003
I was logging off a minute ago and bounced to the home Rivals site. Article on SC. I guess I never really clued in that the Gamecock mascot is a fighting rooster - the logo has strap on spurs and everything.

Isn't cockfighting kind of illegal in the US these days?

Cockfighting is illegal in every state in the U.S. and a felony in 40 states.

However it's legal in Puerto Rico. It's only a matter of time before they will have to eliminate the Fighting Game Cocks mascot. Heck the Cleveland Indians are eliminating the Chief Wahoo logo from their uniforms this year, and everywhere else, name change is next.

I am personally offended by the New England Patriots use of the term "Patriots" as a nick name. As an American citizen I feel it sheds a negative light on all those who led the fight against the British for our freedom. I figure some DAR chapter will take this up sooner or later.

Cockfighting is illegal in every state in the U.S. and a felony in 40 states.

However it's legal in Puerto Rico. It's only a matter of time before they will have to eliminate the Fighting Game Cocks mascot. Heck the Cleveland Indians are eliminating the Chief Wahoo logo from their uniforms this year, and everywhere else, name change is next.

I am personally offended by the New England Patriots use of the term "Patriots" as a nick name. As an American citizen I feel it sheds a negative light on all those who led the fight against the British for our freedom. I figure some DAR chapter will take this up sooner or later.
I guess that makes you a snowflake. Sorry if this offends you.

I still have my Michael Vick/ Coug T-shirt that states: Michael Vick should have used huskies. I don't advocate hurting ANY animal..... still find it funny though!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT