ADVERTISEMENT

Coug Coaches Being A Little More Agressive with Tweets

WASH ST A&M FAN

Head Coach
Sep 4, 2002
I started to notice this in the late summer/fall with Mastro & now other coaches starting to follow.

Speaking to recruits via Twitter with Blanket Challenging Statements.

What tweets to 17 year olds. I thought that was creepy.
I hope you are just being funny. Coaches get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in part to communicate with kids to sell them on their program. we are fans. There's really no comparison.

And yes, IMO it's creepy for fans to be tweeting high schoolers they don't even know. I want these great athletes to choose WSU too, but I'll leave the communication of that up to the coaches as that's part of their job.

I hope you are just being funny. Coaches get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in part to communicate with kids to sell them on their program. we are fans. There's really no comparison.

And yes, IMO it's creepy for fans to be tweeting high schoolers they don't even know. I want these great athletes to choose WSU too, but I'll leave the communication of that up to the coaches as that's part of their job.

Agree 100%. Coaches have to communicate with high school players in whatever fashion that the NCAA allows that fits what kids today want to hear......if they want to be successful. As fans, it's best to just enjoy the show from the sidelines.

I like the confidence they are displaying with their recruiting marketing. For those that have been following this team for a while, this is a significant improvement from what we've seen in the past.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT