ADVERTISEMENT

Cougs are on fire

What reason was there to believe they were not going after Washington players?

There was never a real reason, but there was a year short on locals that had people making stuff up about whether or not the staff was targeting and actively recruiting WA kids. I always found that argument lacking. Like the staff would look at the WA kids and go "Nope, like how he plays but we need more Cali kids".

There was never a real reason, but there was a year short on locals that had people making stuff up about whether or not the staff was targeting and actively recruiting WA kids. I always found that argument lacking. Like the staff would look at the WA kids and go "Nope, like how he plays but we need more Cali kids".

That year coincided with the two coaches that recruited Washington getting fired.

The Washington kids they are getting seem to have tremendous upsides. They all have D1 physical ability and just need to be coached up, Their size,physical ability would make them rated far higher fif they were from another bigger state. They have another kid coming in who is 6'6 220 pds with 4.6 speed. He will visit this weekend and they are competing with Missouri but he does not have many other :big offers: Somehow a SEC school found him .He would be another :get: for the program

Watching his hudl, he is very athletic. He looks like a great get. This year is reminding me of the great years of Price where undervalued Washington players would develop into big time players.

I see that potential with these players. Let's hope they turn out to be as good as the Darling's, Bruce's, Childs, Smith's, etc.

Watching his hudl, he is very athletic. He looks like a great get. This year is reminding me of the great years of Price where undervalued Washington players would develop into big time players.

I see that potential with these players. Let's hope they turn out to be as good as the Darling's, Bruce's, Childs, Smith's, etc.

Actually, Tryon reminds of guys the UW routinely used to get to play defense. We'll see how he develops, but this looks like a very good get for our program. I expect offers from Oregon and UW to follow.

Actually, Tryon reminds of guys the UW routinely used to get to play defense. We'll see how he develops, but this looks like a very good get for our program. I expect offers from Oregon and UW to follow.

Size wise yes. But, the uw would always go for and get high profile players. Tryon is not high profile at all. He is just the undervalued player that Price and his staff used to find and sign. At least that is my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT