ADVERTISEMENT

Cougs in the NFL

Flatlandcoug

Hall Of Fame
Aug 14, 2007
Wichita, Kansas
Was thinking about the upcoming NFL draft and looked up to see how many Cougs are in the NFL. Right now, it looks like the answer is 10. They are:

Deone Buchannon
River Cracraft
Joe Dahl
Daniel Ekuale
Luke Falk
Shalom Luani
Frankie Luvu
Hercules Mata'afa
Vince Mayle
Destiny Vaeao

Looking at our roster, I was trying to guess which 2-3 guys in each class have a shot at making an NFL roster based on their play on the field so far. Included four for next year just because I don't want to leave out Gubrud. My thoughts:

Gardner Minshew
James Williams
Andre Dillard

Frederick Mauigoa
Jalen Thompson
Gage Gubrud (depends on how this next season goes)
Dezmon Patmon

Jahad Woods
Max Borghi (won't surprise me if he goes early)
Tay Martin

Abraham Lucas
Willie Taylor III

We've got a bunch of other guys that are pretty good but their measurables are probably going to keep them from having a real shot. Hope that they get a chance to prove otherwise. Thoughts?

Was thinking about the upcoming NFL draft and looked up to see how many Cougs are in the NFL. Right now, it looks like the answer is 10. They are:

Deone Buchannon
River Cracraft
Joe Dahl
Daniel Ekuale
Luke Falk
Shalom Luani
Frankie Luvu
Hercules Mata'afa
Vince Mayle
Destiny Vaeao

Looking at our roster, I was trying to guess which 2-3 guys in each class have a shot at making an NFL roster based on their play on the field so far. Included four for next year just because I don't want to leave out Gubrud. My thoughts:

Gardner Minshew
James Williams
Andre Dillard

Frederick Mauigoa
Jalen Thompson
Gage Gubrud (depends on how this next season goes)
Dezmon Patmon

Jahad Woods
Max Borghi (won't surprise me if he goes early)
Tay Martin

Abraham Lucas
Willie Taylor III

We've got a bunch of other guys that are pretty good but their measurables are probably going to keep them from having a real shot. Hope that they get a chance to prove otherwise. Thoughts?

Harris and Calvin maybe. They’re fast.

Reactions: mikalalas
Nice list. How about Lamont McDougle? I'm really stoked about him.
I know he has yet to play a down for WSU and had to sit out last year after transferring from WVa. But, I'd say the odd's are more than decent the former freshman all-american DL is gonna make it to the NFL. He's gonna have some stellar years for us barring injury.

Nice list. How about Lamont McDougle? I'm really stoked about him.
I know he has yet to play a down for WSU and had to sit out last year after transferring from WVa. But, I'd say the odd's are more than decent the former freshman all-american DL is gonna make it to the NFL. He's gonna have some stellar years for us barring injury.

He’s draft eligible after this season. Hope we are looking back thinking we were lucky to have him 2 seasons.

Dillard did 24 reps on the bench. That seems decent, but I’m having trouble figuring out where that ranks him.

Dillard did 24 reps on the bench. That seems decent, but I’m having trouble figuring out where that ranks him.

That puts him about square in the middle of other O-lineman at the combine. One more than McGary of UW for perspective.

He just ran a 4.97 40 which should put him near the top of that one compared to other O-linemen.

That puts him about square in the middle of other O-lineman at the combine. One more than McGary of UW for perspective.

He just ran a 4.97 40 which should put him near the top of that one compared to other O-linemen.

Officially ran a 4.96 and just broad jumped 9'10". His check is just getting bigger and bigger and bigger.

Reactions: froropmkr72
Cole Madison, 11...at least I think he's still on the packs roster

He's not on their 53 man official roster because of his absence due to a "personal issue". I've never heard what that issue was but everything suggests that his name will be added to the NFL list again at some point. Certainly hope so.

He's not on their 53 man official roster because of his absence due to a "personal issue". I've never heard what that issue was but everything suggests that his name will be added to the NFL list again at some point. Certainly hope so.
There are several stories out on this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT