Decent showing by the D

COUGinNCW

Hall Of Fame
Oct 5, 2010
Less than 100 yards rushing.
330 total yards
Limited long runs
Forced 1 turnover.

A few long passes, 2 BS PI calls and the 3 turnovers were the real killers (along with a constipated O).

Not really. UWs offense is atrocious. No better than Cal and Colorado. Bad offensive line, no running game, no WR threats, and they still pressured us all game.

Not really. UWs offense is atrocious. No better than Cal and Colorado. Bad offensive line, no running game, no WR threats, and they still pressured us all game.
It might be worse next year. Eason will go, which means a new QB again, they lose Bryant and a couple quality offensive linemen too

It might be worse next year. Eason will go, which means a new QB again, they lose Bryant and a couple quality offensive linemen too

Yea, maybe, but they’ll always have a good defense. I’m more concerned about us than them.

Allowing 31 points to teams with decent defenses shouldn’t be considered good enough to win. We haven’t scored over 17 points on UW in almost a decade.

The Huskies are also getting rid of the worst 2 wideouts to wear purple and gold in the history of the program. The UW WR core is going to be SO much better. Baccellia and Fuller cost UW multiple games this year, hell probably last year too. 0 separation, stones for hands, no ability to make a play in space. Next year they'll have Nacua , Bynum, Ty Jones, Marquis Spiker and Austin Osborne... Nacua was a stud before he had a small fracture in his foot, Bynum smoked the Cougs, Ty Jones is a 6'4 matchup advantage that drew a PI against the Cougs in his first game back from injury, Spiker and Osborne are former high 4-star recruits from Cali. Not to mention Hunter Bryant who smoked the Cougs too.

You also have to take into account the fact that Richard Newton was a freshman tailback who also spent most of the year injured, when he's healthy he's a load and UW was without him for a good number of games. He's only going to get way better.

I'm also not sold on Eason leaving, he left some stuff to prove this season and he's a projected 2nd or 3rd rounder... If he has an extremely good senior year, which he very well could, he would cement himself as a high 1st round pick next year... and next year he'll actually be throwing the ball to people with talent.

The O-line is losing Trey Adams, who sadly looked like a shell of himself this year. He clearly lost a stop... was once projected as a top-10 pick and is likely a 4th rounder at this point. Nick Harris feels like a big loss, but they already were without him for a few games this year where Matteo Mele played extremely well in his absence... plus Mele has more talent. And they are also losing Jared Hilbers who is just another body. UW has recruited probably the best in their program history over the last few years on the OL and should have guys ready to step in and perform just as well if not better.

UW also probably had the worst linebackers playing in the history of their program as well. Every Husky fan is thrilled that Manu and Wellington will never see the field again. Ulofoshio got in the rotation late in the season and was an aberration... plus they have a couple really talented RS freshman in Heimuli and Calvert expected to come and be miles better.

Yeah the Huskies lose Bryant, but he was also a ghost for the majority of the second half of the season. Missed a lot of tackles for the Huskies and didn't provide any big play making ability like he showed as an underclassmen. You'll have to assume Williams and Turner and turner take over the safety roles and both were quite solid as true freshman.

+ UW is returning the vast majority of a defense that took a giant leap forward at the end of the season. Nobody in Husky land is worried about losing guys like Bronson, Potoae, or Bowman who shit the bed as seniors... you're going to see 2x top 50 overall recruits in Jacob Bandes and Faatui Tuitele get more DI reps and everyone else on the line who played was either a sophomore or RS frosh... so they'll just be a year older.

Expecting UW to be "worse" next year is a pipe dream.

I don't know why I write this stuff... I know it's going to be met with, "Oh yeah! well **** you! Let us live in fantasy land"... but you know what, a little bit of education never hurts to change the nasty side effects of total ignorance.

Last edited:
The Huskies are also getting rid of the worst 2 wideouts to wear purple and gold in the history of the program. The UW WR core is going to be SO much better. Baccellia and Fuller cost UW multiple games this year, hell probably last year too. 0 separation, stones for hands, no ability to make a play in space. Next year they'll have Nacua , Bynum, Ty Jones, Marquis Spiker and Austin Osborne... Nacua was a stud before he had a small fracture in his foot, Bynum smoked the Cougs, Ty Jones is a 6'4 matchup advantage that drew a PI against the Cougs in his first game back from injury, Spiker and Osborne are former high 4-star recruits from Cali. Not to mention Hunter Bryant who smoked the Cougs too.

You also have to take into account the fact that Richard Newton was a freshman tailback who also spent most of the year injured, when he's healthy he's a load and UW was without him for a good number of games. He's only going to get way better.

I'm also not sold on Eason leaving, he left some stuff to prove this season and he's a projected 2nd or 3rd rounder... If he has an extremely good senior year, which he very well could, he would cement himself as a high 1st round pick next year... and next year he'll actually be throwing the ball to people with talent.

The O-line is losing Trey Adams, who sadly looked like a shell of himself this year. He clearly lost a stop... was once projected as a top-10 pick and is likely a 4th rounder at this point. Nick Harris feels like a big loss, but they already were without him for a few games this year where Matteo Mele played extremely well in his absence... plus Mele has more talent. And they are also losing Jared Hilbers who is just another body. UW has recruited probably the best in their program history over the last few years on the OL and should have guys ready to step in and perform just as well if not better.

UW also probably had the worst linebackers playing in the history of their program as well. Every Husky fan is thrilled that Manu and Wellington will never see the field again. Ulofoshio got in the rotation late in the season and was an aberration... plus they have a couple really talented RS freshman in Humeli and Calvert expected to come and be miles better.

Yeah the Huskies lose Bryant, but he was also a ghost for the majority of the second half of the season. Missed a lot of tackles for the Huskies and didn't provide any big play making ability like he showed as an underclassmen. You'll have to assume Williams and Turner and turner take over the safety roles and both were quite solid as true freshman.

+ UW is returning the vast majority of a defense that took a giant leap forward at the end of the season. Nobody in Husky land is worried about losing guys like Bronson, Potoae, or Bowman who shit the bed as seniors... you're going to see 2x top 50 overall recruits in Jacob Bandes and Faatui Tuitele get more DI reps and everyone else on the line who played was either a sophomore or RS frosh... so they'll just be a year older.

Thanks for the 2020 scouting outlook, I was dying to know what the mutts will do next year

Thanks for the 2020 scouting outlook, I was dying to know what the mutts will do next year

Hey man, I know it makes posters feel good to say, "well, UW could be worse next year, so we'll have a shot..." But be honest... I don't know if u watched some of their games... this year is about as bad as it's ever going to get for the Huskies and it was still a 20 pt thumping.

Hey man, I know it makes posters feel good to say, "well, UW could be worse next year, so we'll have a shot..." But be honest... I don't know if u watched some of their games... this year is about as bad as it's ever going to get for the Huskies and it was still a 20 pt thumping.
Who cares? You patrol the opponents’ boards to correct their line of thought? Go enjoy your win, don’t troll.

But THIS was supposed to be the year

Reactions: ShockandAweWSU
Who cares? You patrol the opponents’ boards to correct their line of thought? Go enjoy your win, don’t troll.

I'm not sure where I'm trolling. I simply read stupid stuff posted and on this board and point out why it's incorrect.

Im really surprised at how poorly CP is doing, they vastly underachieved given the talent level, and were a bad team-getting beaten by colorado

If he has another year like this next year, hes on the hot seat imo.

Im really surprised at how poorly CP is doing, they vastly underachieved given the talent level, and were a bad team-getting beaten by colorado

If he has another year like this next year, hes on the hot seat imo.

Yeah probably.

I'll be the first to admit that the coaching staff made some big mistakes assessing talent at WR and LB heading into this year. These 2 groups killed the Huskies and the coaching staff wasn't eager to adjust...

Like I said, Baccellia + Fuller/ Manu + Wellington are likely the worst players to start at their position groups in UW history... and thats' on Pete + the coaching staff for not making the right choices and not recruiting well enough to prevent that.

It can't happen again if Pete wants to keep his credibility.

But THIS was supposed to be the year
The dogs where favored in 11 of 12 games this year and had all the “tough” games at home and still managed to lose 5 games. THIS WAS THE YEAR In the past and future history the Dogs will never have a more highly “stared” QB than Eason
Dogs think the Pac 12 is made up of Dogs and 11 WSU’s.

The dogs where favored in 11 of 12 games this year and had all the “tough” games at home and still managed to lose 5 games. THIS WAS THE YEAR In the past and future history the Dogs will never have a more highly “stared” QB than Eason

The problem is that the Dawgs went to a pro style QB in Eason and thought that they would stomp every team.
The reality is that they are "NOODLE ARM QB school".
Get back to the Jake Browning type QBs who have no chance of going pro and they can win more games.

UW can be the best NOODLE ARM QB school in the nation.

UW also probably had the worst linebackers playing in the history of their program as well. Every Husky fan is thrilled that Manu and Wellington will never see the field again. Ulofoshio got in the rotation late in the season and was an aberration... plus they have a couple really talented RS freshman in Heimuli and Calvert expected to come and be miles better.

I don't know why I write this stuff... I know it's going to be met with, "Oh yeah! well **** you! Let us live in fantasy land"... but you know what, a little bit of education never hurts to change the nasty side effects of total ignorance.

Petersen is leaving for the NFL. Hamdan will be elevated.

Good luck.

I'm not sure where I'm trolling. I simply read stupid stuff posted and on this board and point out why it's incorrect.

Well, you’re on a WSU message board wondering why the comments on here are slanted towards to WSU. That’s somewhat trollish the day after a rivalry game.

You’re expecting logical, cogent comments pertaining to our instate rival on a Cougar football message board AFTER a disappointing Apple Cup game?

31 points allowed and forced a turnover. That should be enough to win for the Air Raid. The D played fine.

When you subtract the Arizona and WSU games, UW scored 152 points in their other 7 conference games....or roughly 22 points per game. 31 points isn't terrible, but we were playing a team that's not known for its offense this year. I will say that the defense sucked less than the offense did. If our offense could "make the routine play" and avoid stupid turnovers, we would have been in a dogfight into the fourth quarter with the play of the defense where it was at.

When you subtract the Arizona and WSU games, UW scored 152 points in their other 7 conference games....or roughly 22 points per game. 31 points isn't terrible, but we were playing a team that's not known for its offense this year. I will say that the defense sucked less than the offense did. If our offense could "make the routine play" and avoid stupid turnovers, we would have been in a dogfight into the fourth quarter with the play of the defense where it was at.

WSU made the "routine play"... Gordon was 48 of 62.

Issue I thought, and I'm surprised WSU fans haven't seem to mention this, but WSU didn't take any shots. Someone was in Gordon's ear telling him that he should just check it down, check it down, check it down... UW was totally content to give that up and try to get off the field on 3rd and 2...

I watched a lot of WSU games and there were a lot of long TD's allowed on simple slants where a wideout just ran by a bad safety... UW wasn't going to give that up... instead they allowed ya'll to get in the short field where your offense doesn't operate as well and it worked. It's tough to run 5 wide from the 25 where your routes are cut off and safeties/linebackers have less field to cover.

Also... it was a little different offense for the Huskies than you've seen. Far less Fuller/Baccellia... far more Otten/Bryant/Bynum. Big difference in the passing game + having Richard Newton back and healthy was a nice boost.

Last edited:

I don't know if the 3rd best team in CFB to call themselves the "Dawgs" will be better or worse next year, but I do know you are an oblivious blowhard.

Also, it's like this post started out trying to be genuinely educational, then it slipped into a little oblivous (why would another team's board care THIS much about some jackoff fan's POV on his own team's 2020 outlook?), and then it turned weirdly hostile and judgy. Basically your internal dialogue goes from "I'm going to try to be helpful" to "oops I'm oversharing" to "why do I bother with these swine when they won't even appreciate my self-absorbed Asperger's monologue?"

Also, you say Eason is projected at 2nd or 3rd round right now? I would LOVE to see that. If he's lucky enough to even see an NFL practice field, he will get folded like a cheap shirt on a Kmart clearance rack. Might even get a Guitar Center sponsorship for all the picks he'll throw.

WSU made the "routine play"... Gordon was 48 of 62.

Issue I thought, and I'm surprised WSU fans haven't seem to mention this, but WSU didn't take any shots. Someone was in Gordon's ear telling him that he should just check it down, check it down, check it down... UW was totally content to give that up and try to get off the field on 3rd and 2...

I watched a lot of WSU games and there were a lot of long TD's allowed on simple slants where a wideout just ran by a bad safety... UW wasn't going to give that up... instead they allowed ya'll to get in the short field where your offense doesn't operate as well and it worked. It's tough to run 5 wide from the 25 where your routes are cut off and safeties/linebackers have less field to cover.

Also... it was a little different offense for the Huskies than you've seen. Far less Fuller/Baccellia... far more Otten/Bryant/Bynum. Big difference in the passing game + having Richard Newton back and healthy was a nice boost.

We made a lot of routine plays....but we blew it on three of them that were critical mistakes (turnovers, turnovers, turnovers).

What a dumb comment. I believe the year after next they already have the highest rated “stared” 5 star professional style in the nation committed? They had a down year after playoffs and 2 NY6 bowls. You make Coug fans look pathetic with comments like this.

What a dumb comment. I believe the year after next they already have the highest rated “stared” 5 star professional style in the nation committed? They had a down year after playoffs and 2 NY6 bowls. You make Coug fans look pathetic with comments like this.
CBoom
So it’s 2 years from now

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT