ADVERTISEMENT

Deion James Juco

ElComanche

Hall Of Fame
Sep 28, 2007
Deion James 6'8 juco from Pima is visiting Pullman . He visited CSU two weeks ago, Other schools listed as offering are Colorado St, Fresno State,Boston College,.Nevada and others.James averaged 20.6 pts,9.6 rbs,3.5 assts.He shot 44 %.,77% FT.and 38 % 3 pt land. He is a first team juco AA,recording 20 double doubles during the year.

Last edited:
Looks like he had a great year at Pima. Division II national JC player of the year is pretty impressive. Played for North Carolina A&T as a freshman and didn't do much but he played high school ball at a very small school so it wouldn't surprise me if he was a little overwhelmed as a freshman. Stats say he shoots well and high light clips show good movement. Probably not a high level PAC 12 player but seems like good pick up for spring. Seems like we are either struggling to get interest from recruits or staff is tighter with recruiting information than in the passed.

Those are good JC numbers. Got a hunch this guy would be a really nice addition.

Probably struggling but we shall see. The players the cougs have targeted are either being sought by other schools or are still looking for their dream school to offer.The cougs also still have a coaching position to fill. He has not committed yet. The same with Roberto Gittins

Didn't expect a visit from James and getting a player on campus gives us a chance. He seemed like potentially a better prospect than Williams. I would be good with either in the spring.

I guess that James will make a visit to Southern Utah . They had a 6-21 record last year and were 4-12 in Big Sky play. I sure he would play 34 minutes a game there but my guess is that he wants better competition in one of the best basketball leagues ,the PAC 12.

It looks like WSU may have pulled the offer. Verbal commits no longer shows a WSU offer. Brandx made mention WSU may have cooled after signing Gittens. Maybe the offer was conditional or pending Gittens decision.

Still shows an offer to Kwitin Williams.

We will see if the cougs recruit another big man. However ,i see James and Gittens being two different types of players. I see Gittens as a SF/ SG type of player who can also play the point if needed. James, i see as more of a SF or a "stretch Four" type of player. I liked his 9.6 rbs a game. However ,Ernie and staff have a plan and i hope it all works. We still have not heard anything about the new coach.

We will see if the cougs recruit another big man. However ,i see James and Gittens being two different types of players. I see Gittens as a SF/ SG type of player who can also play the point if needed. James, i see as more of a SF or a "stretch Four" type of player. I liked his 9.6 rbs a game. However ,Ernie and staff have a plan and i hope it all works. We still have not heard anything about the new coach.
If they did drop James it's about roster management. Maybe they didn't think enough of James given the lack of roster balance and spots available for next year.

I hear you. We will know more when we see who the new coach is and they sign one or more players

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT