ADVERTISEMENT

Do we root for Oregon tonight?

cougarmike

All Conference
Nov 18, 2007
So disappointed about the Colorado game but this has been a great season. If Oregon wins tonight the Pac could get four teams into the dance. That would mean more money for The Beavs and Cougs. I will be rooting for all that do get in. More wins equals more money. Go Cougs!!

Reactions: kougkurt
There is some fear among a few Cougar fans that no more than 3 Pac-12 teams are going to get into the NCAA tournament. Arizona is in for sure. If Oregon wins tonight, they automatically go (same with Colorado if they win tonight). But if Oregon wins, would the NCAA take Colorado over WSU? Buffs have a higher NET and they've had a better finish to the season. There's no guarantee that 4 teams will get into the tournament, especially when it looked for quite awhile that only 2 Pac-12 teams would get in. I'm rooting for Colorado because I don't see how Oregon gets in without winning the conference tournament.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
I wouldn't put anything pass the selection committee, but if Oregon were to win they should pick off someone else on the bubble like St. John's or UVA. We are projected anywhere from 6 to 8/9-seed. Who knows, but that's firmly in the field.

No matter what both WSU and Colorado, and probably Oregon belong in the tournament. Trouble is the selection committee.

There is some fear among a few Cougar fans that no more than 3 Pac-12 teams are going to get into the NCAA tournament. Arizona is in for sure. If Oregon wins tonight, they automatically go (same with Colorado if they win tonight). But if Oregon wins, would the NCAA take Colorado over WSU? Buffs have a higher NET and they've had a better finish to the season. There's no guarantee that 4 teams will get into the tournament, especially when it looked for quite awhile that only 2 Pac-12 teams would get in. I'm rooting for Colorado because I don't see how Oregon gets in without winning the conference tournament.

Glad Cougar

Colorado at 24 wins, and 3rd place finish is a LOCK for NCAA TOURNAMENT.

WSU AT 24 wins and 2nd place finish is a LOCK for NCAA tournament.

NO 24 WIN PAC 12 TEAM IN THE ENTIRE 108 YEAR HISTORY THAT FINISHED IN THE TOP 3, HAS FAILED TO GET INTO THE NCAA TOURNY.

LUNARDI, PALM, KEN POM(THE SO CALLED EXPERTS HAVE SAID THAT IF OREGON WINS PAC 12 TOURNY, THE PAC 12 WOULD GET 4 NCAA TOURNY BERTHS, BIDS.

THEY SAID THAT THE REASON IS THAT OTHER WEAKER, WORSE TEAMS FROM WEAKER, WORSE CONFERENCES WOULD GET THEIR NON AQ TEAM(S) BUMPED FROM NCAA TOURNY OVER A 24 WIN, 2ND PLACE WSU. THEY SAID THAT WSU IS A LOCK NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, AND THAT ARIZONA, CU ARE LOCKS NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, AND THAT THE PAC 12 WOULD GET 4 BIDS, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, IF OREGON WINS PAC 12 TOURNY.

WSU and Colorado are in imo but Oregon has to win the PAC 12 tournament to get in. Again just an opinion.

Colorado at 24 wins, and 3rd place finish is a LOCK for NCAA TOURNAMENT.

WSU AT 24 wins and 2nd place finish is a LOCK for NCAA tournament.

NO 24 WIN PAC 12 TEAM IN THE ENTIRE 108 YEAR HISTORY THAT FINISHED IN THE TOP 3, HAS FAILED TO GET INTO THE NCAA TOURNY.

LUNARDI, PALM, KEN POM(THE SO CALLED EXPERTS HAVE SAID THAT IF OREGON WINS PAC 12 TOURNY, THE PAC 12 WOULD GET 4 NCAA TOURNY BERTHS, BIDS.

THEY SAID THAT THE REASON IS THAT OTHER WEAKER, WORSE TEAMS FROM WEAKER, WORSE CONFERENCES WOULD GET THEIR NON AQ TEAM(S) BUMPED FROM NCAA TOURNY OVER A 24 WIN, 2ND PLACE WSU. THEY SAID THAT WSU IS A LOCK NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, AND THAT ARIZONA, CU ARE LOCKS NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, AND THAT THE PAC 12 WOULD GET 4 BIDS, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, IF OREGON WINS PAC 12 TOURNY.
Just for information USC was 23-11 finished 2nd in conference and then played in the PAC 12 tournament championship game and was snubbed by the NCAA and took the number one seed in the NIT. All the experts had them firmly in the NCAA Tournament in 2018.
I can’t imagine WSU or Colorado not making it in but crazy things do happen.

Just for information USC was 23-11 finished 2nd in conference and then played in the PAC 12 tournament championship game and was snubbed by the NCAA and took the number one seed in the NIT. All the experts had them firmly in the NCAA Tournament in 2018.
I can’t imagine WSU or Colorado not making it in but crazy things do happen.

23 wins is NOT 24 wins. While that is crazy what happened to USC. I don't think there has ever been a 24 win, 2nd place finish team in all the strongest power bball conferences like the ACC, Big 12, Big 10, SEC, Big East, PAC 12, Atlantic 10 conferences.

And there never has been a 24 win team in PAC 12 history that has finished 2nd with 24 wins, and then failed to get into NCAA tournament.

And 24 pre NCAA TOURNY wins is 1 win short of the 1917 25 win season team.

There is only about a .000000001% chance of WSU not going to NCAA tournament.

ALL THE EXACT RIGHT AMOUNT OF AQ UPSETS would have to happen, combined with running out of non AQ teams to bump from NCAA tourny instead of WSU. The chances of that happening is about .0000001%. There is a greater chance of me getting hit by a lightening bolt sometime in my lifetime, then of WSU not making the NCAA tournament.

I'm not going to get hit by lightning, and WSU is not going to fail to make the NCAA tournament.

If WSU was going to fail to not make the NCAA tournament, a 24,25 win, 2nd place team from one of the top conferences would have failed to make NCAA tourny by now.

WSU is a LOCK for the NCAA tourny.

23 wins is NOT 24 wins. While that is crazy what happened to USC. I don't think there has ever been a 24 win, 2nd place finish team in all the strongest power bball conferences like the ACC, Big 12, Big 10, SEC, Big East, PAC 12, Atlantic 10 conferences.

And there never has been a 24 win team in PAC 12 history that has finished 2nd with 24 wins, and then failed to get into NCAA tournament.

And 24 pre NCAA TOURNY wins is 1 win short of the 1917 25 win season team.

There is only about a .000000001% chance of WSU not going to NCAA tournament.

ALL THE EXACT RIGHT AMOUNT OF AQ UPSETS would have to happen, combined with running out of non AQ teams to bump from NCAA tourny instead of WSU. The chances of that happening is about .0000001%. There is a greater chance of me getting hit by a lightening bolt sometime in my lifetime, then of WSU not making the NCAA tournament.

I'm not going to get hit by lightning, and WSU is not going to fail to make the NCAA tournament.

If WSU was going to fail to not make the NCAA tournament, a 24,25 win, 2nd place team from one of the top conferences would have failed to make NCAA tourny by now.

WSU is a LOCK for the NCAA tourny.
I totally agree, but never say never, someone has to be first. I’m sure USC thought they were in like Flynn.

6 of the 8 top seeded teams lost in the last couple of days. Only Iowa St and Conn won. I don't think any of the six teams that lost will lose their seed as either a 1 or a 2. North Carolina St, Oregon, and somebody from the American (Temple or UAB) all stole bids today. The teams that will get left out are the teams that really were on the Bubble (Pittsburg-Virginia-St. Johns-Oklahoma. It won't be the Cougs.

6 of the 8 top seeded teams lost in the last couple of days. Only Iowa St and Conn won. I don't think any of the six teams that lost will lose their seed as either a 1 or a 2. North Carolina St, Oregon, and somebody from the American (Temple or UAB) all stole bids today. The teams that will get left out are the teams that really were on the Bubble (Pittsburg-Virginia-St. Johns-Oklahoma. It won't be the Cougs.
Thank god we came back to beat ucla AND usc. If we had dropped one of those games we would be in real danger of getting left out. A lot of the experts only had two pac 12 teams getting in, we may have been on the outside looking in with one fewer win. We should be safe now but crazy how within a few days you’ve got 4 teams in from the p12 now.

Thank god we came back to beat ucla AND usc. If we had dropped one of those games we would be in real danger of getting left out. A lot of the experts only had two pac 12 teams getting in, we may have been on the outside looking in with one fewer win. We should be safe now but crazy how within a few days you’ve got 4 teams in from the p12 now.

If the 1ess win would have been against Cal or USC, and a blow out loss as well, then you would have been right that either WSU would have gone to NIT, or WSU would have been in danger, a d bubbled into NCAA tournament.

2 less wins would have had WSU clearly in the NIT.

If WSU would have had 1 less win at 23 wins, and if that kids had been a close loss, and if that kids had not been either Cal or USC, then WSU would not have been in danger, and still would have either been a semi lock, or a bubble into NCAA tourny.

Only way WSU would have been in semi danger at 24 wins, is if CU had lost their first round game by 1 point in triple overtime, and CU bubbles into NCAA tourny with 22 wins. Then if WSU won their first round PAC 12 tourny game by 1 point in triple overtime over Cal, instead of Stanford, then the team that beat CU by 1 point, in triple overtime, then beats WSU by 45 points in 2nd round of PAC 12 tourny, then Oregon, then beats that team that beat WSU, for the AQ bid into NCAA tourny.
And then a LOT of CRAP teams win AQ into NCAA Tourny.

In that very limited, type of scenario, Arizona, CU, Oregon would be in NCAA tourny and the selection committee could easily then have snubbed 24 win WSU, and sent WSU to NIT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT