ADVERTISEMENT

Draft, GM, Williams, Combine?

Loyal Coug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 27, 2003
I see that a record 135 underclassmen have declared for the draft (link below). Wow. The whole draft is what, 32x7=224 picks?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/s...135-forgo-college-eligibility-enter-nfl-draft

The extra 135 guys won't help Boobie. Still just think that the late "jump" does not bode well for him. Oh well, done now. Exactly why FB needs to be like Baseball, draft-wise. You don't get chosen, you can come back to school.

Wonder where Minshew is training now. Back down South? And Dillard. Will they and Boobie come back for Pro Day? Kind of seems weird for an out of the way place like Pullman, particularly if the guys are no longer in school. But then maybe GM is in class.

Combine starts on Feb 26. Invitees not announced yet (per their site). About 300 total. Trying to think of whether any other Cougs will get invited, if Boobie gets invited, and who else has a chance at a FA shot.

The MLB style draft doesn't really work for football because the training regime for the draft interferes with the class schedule. Either you go all in and train for the draft or you stay in college and prep for the draft.

Suppose the NFL could expand to 12 rounds and allow players to stay in school and opt to sign if they get picked.

Dillard (potential 1st rounder) is a lock to get invited to the NFL Combine. Minshew will likely get invited too. Maybe even Williams.You are correct in that they only invited about 300 prospects. Helping Williams is the fact the NFL is looking for running backs with his skill set.

All will come back for Pro-day. It gives all of them a chance to have close up discussions with NFL scouts. Also, Minshew is our QB and we have some players that are depending on him to throw. He owes it to his teammates, he’ll be there.

I'm sure CML and the Cardinals HC (?) have already spoken...

I approve of your new avatar. The previous one was, well, kind of, uh, phallic?

And I also assume Boobie will get lots of support from CML, etc. Goofy as the Az hire seems to me, glad to see CML's protege's get in the NFL. That is not a bad thing for WSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT