ADVERTISEMENT

Expectations for Rolovich

College institutions changed admission status to allow monkeys to attend universities and play sports? If that's the case we need to get some gorrillas for D-linemen and chimpanzees for linebackers. I think opposing teams would quit pretty quickly when they saw their teammates limbs littering the field.

Nah...I think their coach would tell them to rub some dirt on it and to not take any plays off. Plus I think Gorillas ranked pretty high on Leach's mascot list.

A monkey can fill out a two deep. Doesn't mean they can actually make stops.

"To say the previous staff left the cupboard bare is an understatement."

So, now you've acknowledged that the cupboard is not bare since filling out a two deep is easy. Where is your next pivot?

Fun fact, a sponge, or porifera, has no brain. Ironic.

So, now you've acknowledged that the cupboard is not bare since filling out a two deep is easy. Where is your next pivot?

So you are spending all of your time...including last thing yesterday and the first thing this morning at 5:50 am arguing that our cupboard isn't bare...it just sucks.

So in dgibbons land a cupboard full of players that made up one of the worst defenses in the country is a full cupboard.

Interesting.

So you are spending all of your time...including last thing yesterday and the first thing this morning at 5:50 am arguing that our cupboard isn't bare...it just sucks.

So in dgibbons land a cupboard full of players that made up one of the worst defenses in the country is a full cupboard.

Interesting.

Do you have a basis for your assertion that "To say the previous staff left the cupboard bare is an understatement."? Or are you just unwilling to say that you pull stuff out of thin air, without regard to number of returning starters, starting or playing experience, number of underclassmen playing? Stay on topic if you can.

Do you have a basis for your assertion that "To say the previous staff left the cupboard bare is an understatement."? Or are you just unwilling to say that you pull stuff out of thin air, without regard to number of returning starters, starting or playing experience, number of underclassmen playing? Stay on topic if you can.

Yes. My basis is the results on the field from last year and no play makers. If you can't understand that, I can't help you.

Man I was brought into a post I haven't even posted in---yet.

Would you be happier if someone wrote the cupboard is half full, and there is a shortage on the meat and potatoe, but there there are somethings in the cupboard?

You either believe Leach did a really good job last year putting his staff together, and they were good and did a good job, or the talent level was there but in the wrong place? Ummm, that smells like coaching. The talent is there but lacked experience? Or there is a shortage of talent and experience, or the talent that was there didn't give 100%.

Or maybe you just think the Pac 12 will be so bad next year because everyone in the north is starting from ground zero as far as a QB in concerned, which will make our defense look better.

I think the players who had the most impact graduated. And crappy coaching didn't help the players that were on the 2019 roster.

Again, I didn't ask about Peyton Pelluer or Taylor Comfort. I asked why Jahad Woods, Willie Taylor, Nnamdi Oguayo and Will Rodgers went from being productive players to struggling.

Again, I didn't ask about Peyton Pelluer or Taylor Comfort. I asked why Jahad Woods, Willie Taylor, Nnamdi Oguayo and Will Rodgers went from being productive players to struggling.

What part of crappy coaching didn't help the 2019 players do you not understand?

And if you want me to say that the players you mentioned are difference makers, it's not going to happen. If that is your belief, more power to you.

It's a bit difficult to discern the quality of our defensive talent by reviewing last year's performance. Last year's defensive staff was so discombobulated after Claeys left that the kids were receiving poor and confusing instruction. The last straw was when we took the field in our bowl game with a defensive scheme designed to deal with Pac12 passing offenses while confronting a team running an option offensive scheme. No wonder the kids failed to perform. Let us wait until the new defensive staff- one which we hope knows what they are doing- before concluding that the cupboard is bare on that side of the field.

Man I was brought into a post I haven't even posted in---yet.

Would you be happier if someone wrote the cupboard is half full, and there is a shortage on the meat and potatoe, but there there are somethings in the cupboard?

You either believe Leach did a really good job last year putting his staff together, and they were good and did a good job, or the talent level was there but in the wrong place? Ummm, that smells like coaching. The talent is there but lacked experience? Or there is a shortage of talent and experience, or the talent that was there didn't give 100%.

Or maybe you just think the Pac 12 will be so bad next year because everyone in the north is starting from ground zero as far as a QB in concerned, which will make our defense look better.

You're making things up and straying off topic. A family trait. Your brother's basis for saying "To say the previous staff left the cupboard bare is an understatement." is apparently that the defense was bad last season. Poor play does not equal "To say the previous staff left the cupboard bare is an understatement." at least for those that understand the English language. Notably, after being reminded that some first year guys like Stone and Brown showed some flashes he retreated from saying there was no speed. So, it appears fair to conclude that sponge has no clue who is even on the roster.

And you're incorrect that everyone in the north is starting from ground zero at QB. Living in willful ignorance is another family trait.

What part of crappy coaching didn't help the 2019 players do you not understand?

And if you want me to say that the players you mentioned are difference makers, it's not going to happen. If that is your belief, more power to you.

That's fair. Ignorant, but fair.

That's fair. Ignorant, but fair.

Care to explain what part is ignorant?

Do you think the D was fielded in 2019 was solid Pac 12 caliber? Are you excited about the talent we have coming back and being able to make stops?

For the record, I thought the 2018 defense over achieved given their talent and the players we lost.

You're making things up and straying off topic. A family trait. Your brother's basis for saying "To say the previous staff left the cupboard bare is an understatement." is apparently that the defense was bad last season. Poor play does not equal "To say the previous staff left the cupboard bare is an understatement." at least for those that understand the English language. Notably, after being reminded that some first year guys like Stone and Brown showed some flashes he retreated from saying there was no speed. So, it appears fair to conclude that sponge has no clue who is even on the roster.

And you're incorrect that everyone in the north is starting from ground zero at QB. Living in willful ignorance is another family trait.

No. your reading comprehension just sucks...and the fact you want to always create alternate meanings of what someone posted.

I'll rephrase as you are confused.

In 4th grade terms: The cupboard being bare means we have very little talent coming back to play defense on the football field.

No. your reading comprehension just sucks...and the fact you want to always create alternate meanings of what someone posted.

I'll rephrase as you are confused.

In 4th grade terms: The cupboard being bare means we have very little talent coming back to play defense on the football field.

And in 1st grade terms, you haven't even bothered to think about how many returning starters are back, key backups returning, or anything else.

And in 1st grade terms, you haven't even bothered to think about how many returning starters are back, key backups returning, or anything else.

And you haven't countered my argument. But please do tell how the cupboard is full of Pac 12 talent.

So far your argument is the cupboard is full because we have bodies. That is what you have been alluding to this whole time.

And you haven't countered my argument. But please do tell how the cupboard is full of Pac 12 talent.

So far your argument is the cupboard is full because we have bodies. That is what you have been alluding to this whole time.

Straw man argument. I have never said the cupboard is full. Typical of your poor comprehension and attempts to stray off topic. You also don't understand the meaning of the idiom you are misusing.

Well, he’s making $3m/year. That’s solid. My expectations are pretty high. What 1st year WSU football coach has inherited a better situation? Doba maybe. That’s it.

6-6 this season should be achievable. After that, we should expect 8 wins.

Straw man argument. I have never said the cupboard is full. Typical of your poor comprehension and attempts to stray off topic. You also don't understand the meaning of the idiom you are misusing.

That is your argument.

I said the cupboard is bare...and have explained it to you in several different ways...including using 4th grade verbiage and you still want to argue my point.

So it is reasonable to assume that if you are arguing someone's point that your point of view is the opposite. That is, unless you are arguing just to hear yourself argue...which you do all the time on here.

Well, he’s making $3m/year. That’s solid. My expectations are pretty high. What 1st year WSU football coach has inherited a better situation? Doba maybe. That’s it.

6-6 this season should be achievable. After that, we should expect 8 wins.

Price walked into a decent situation too. Though I think the culture of the team is better than at any point in history. This team was disappointed about going to a bowl last year because they didn't live up to expectations. Any other team in school history would be riding high after a bowl season.

If we go to a bowl I’ll be pretty happy. And if our defense improves moderately ill be very happy. Coaching change years are hard, and this one even more so.

I'm with Chugs. A bowl will make me happy this year, and we won't get there unless we have some defensive improvement. I think much of our D problems last year were staff related, and I'm hopeful that will be solved this year. The post (don't remember who said it) that pointed out that Grinch shored up the weaknesses in his first year and made a difference is right; and If our new DC could move us in that direction, it would get us a long way for the coming season. The only thing I'll add is that we do well when turnovers favor us and do poorly when they do not. It is unrealistic to expect a big improvement with regard to offensive turnovers in the first year of a new system, so we need the D to pick up more TO's than we had last season. That is a relatively low bar, so I hope we see improvement there.

That is your argument.

I said the cupboard is bare...and have explained it to you in several different ways...including using 4th grade verbiage and you still want to argue my point.

So it is reasonable to assume that if you are arguing someone's point that your point of view is the opposite. That is, unless you are arguing just to hear yourself argue...which you do all the time on here.

You’re not very bright. Again you said "To say the previous staff left the cupboard bare is an understatement.” That simply is not true. The cupboard does not have to be full for your nonsensical post to be wrong.

You’re not very bright. Again you said "To say the previous staff left the cupboard bare is an understatement.” That simply is not true. The cupboard does not have to be full for your nonsensical post to be wrong.

If you say so.

I'm sorry you are confused by my "nonsensical" post.

This isn't a court room. People use and say the cupboard is bare when there doesn't seem to be a ton of talent on the court or field. Sorry the terminology doesn't meet some Spock like definition.

People used the term the cupboard being bare with wulff despite, Long, Pole, and numerous other starters on that side of the ball, and then two experienced qb's, an experienced running backs and I think 6 lineman that experience. Not to mention the receiving core.

So for someone to say the cupboard is bare, IE 3-6 talent in conference, not sure that should raise an eyebrow in your court.

And yes I will reference Wullf this one time as a reference to using the term the cupboard is bare.

Well, as an independent poster who doesn’t take sides in the ongoing personal agendas on here, please oblige me here while I share my perspective.

Regardless of the talent level on the current roster, the overall state of the program is exceptionally high for WSU standards. Bowl appearances, played for the P12N championship 2 years ago, ESPN Gameday, fan interest, facilities, and the overall image of the program is outstanding.

On top of that, we have one of the most coveted QB recruits on the West Coast set to arrive in a few weeks. Rolo will get a free pass this year, but beyond that, the cupboard was bare excuse isn’t going to fly.

This isn't a court room. People use and say the cupboard is bare when there doesn't seem to be a ton of talent on the court or field. Sorry the terminology doesn't meet some Spock like definition.

People used the term the cupboard being bare with wulff despite, Long, Pole, and numerous other starters on that side of the ball, and then two experienced qb's, an experienced running backs and I think 6 lineman that experience. Not to mention the receiving core.

So for someone to say the cupboard is bare, IE 3-6 talent in conference, not sure that should raise an eyebrow in your court.

And yes I will reference Wullf this one time as a reference to using the term the cupboard is bare.

So, pulling crap out of the air is the preferred. Like 9-40 is now equivalent to Leach's tenure. Good to know.

So, pulling crap out of the air is the preferred. Like 9-40 is now equivalent to Leach's tenure. Good to know.
If I may quote you ... stay focused. We are talking about talent, not what someone’s won/loss record was .You get the difference , correct?

If I may quote you ... stay focused. We are talking about talent, not what someone’s won/loss record was .You get the difference , correct?

You're the one making the asinine comparison.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT