ADVERTISEMENT

For those of you that think that Barber got the shaft

Flatlandcoug

Hall Of Fame
Aug 14, 2007
Wichita, Kansas
For those that think that Barber was singled out and picked on because of his polynesian ancestry, check out the charges filed against Anthony Michael Hall today. He is being charged with felony assault and could face 7 years in prison. His crime? He shoved a neighbor in a fight over a gate and the fragile old bastard broke both his wrists when he put his arms out as he fell down. I'm not saying that the SCB isn't a charade, but it doesn't take much to get in trouble out there.

For those that think that Barber was singled out and picked on because of his polynesian ancestry, check out the charges filed against Anthony Michael Hall today. He is being charged with felony assault and could face 7 years in prison. His crime? He shoved a neighbor in a fight over a gate and the fragile old bastard broke both his wrists when he put his arms out as he fell down. I'm not saying that the SCB isn't a charade, but it doesn't take much to get in trouble out there.
Are you talking about 'Breakfast Club' Anthony Michael Hall? Is he really still going to College Parties at his age? He must be late 40's or early 50's? I'm failing to see how this could be a comparison point to a college student. What am I missing? Former child stars who are white can get in trouble with the law to? Ok.

Are you talking about 'Breakfast Club' Anthony Michael Hall? Is he really still going to College Parties at his age? He must be late 40's or early 50's? I'm failing to see how this could be a comparison point to a college student. What am I missing? Former child stars who are white can get in trouble with the law to? Ok.

No, I'm saying that he is facing a felony assault charge for shoving someone. He didn't punch the guy, he didn't touch him when he was down. He just pushed him and walked away. Now he's facing a felony charge. That is the silly world we live in.

I agree. Seems like a really odd reason to dig up the Barber fiasco again.

I agree. Seems like a really odd reason to dig up the Barber fiasco again.

I see you posted about the same time I replied. The relevance is that we live in a society where people get in trouble with the law over seemingly silly things that would have never gotten you in trouble before. Hall shoved a neighbor who yelled at him. Dude fell down. Hall could go to jail for seven years if convicted of shoving the dude. Barber punched a guy......which happens often at college parties.....and got kicked out of school with the Pullman PD recommending felony assault charges.

There was a lot of insistence that the only reason that Barber was singled out was because he was polynesian. I'm saying that Hall is proof that cops go after other people for silly crap too.

I see you posted about the same time I replied. The relevance is that we live in a society where people get in trouble with the law over seemingly silly things that would have never gotten you in trouble before. Hall shoved a neighbor who yelled at him. Dude fell down. Hall could go to jail for seven years if convicted of shoving the dude. Barber punched a guy......which happens often at college parties.....and got kicked out of school with the Pullman PD recommending felony assault charges.

There was a lot of insistence that the only reason that Barber was singled out was because he was polynesian. I'm saying that Hall is proof that cops go after other people for silly crap too.

Ok.

This is one of the dumbest threads yet.

Flat, you talk a big game when it comes to other posters and "not stirring the pot", but this is about as bad as it gets. Barber is almost 3 weeks ago news - nobody has muttered a peep about his case since he's been reinstated. And it wasn't just Barber - go through the list of names that had crossed the PPD this summer - THAT'S why people were talking about the Poly's, Barber just happened to be one of them.

This is one of the dumbest threads yet.

Flat, you talk a big game when it comes to other posters and "not stirring the pot", but this is about as bad as it gets. Barber is almost 3 weeks ago news - nobody has muttered a peep about his case since he's been reinstated. And it wasn't just Barber - go through the list of names that had crossed the PPD this summer - THAT'S why people were talking about the Poly's, Barber just happened to be one of them.

I feel like I'm shafting myself by reading this thread. I'm going to stop now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT