ADVERTISEMENT

Gabe Marks....

Marks ran a 4.56 40 and had a 29.5 vertical. Decent marks considering his real strengths.

Having suffered through several Rams games this year in the USC/Memorial Coll. dump, I can report that the dump is the better attraction.

The team has exactly one (1) decent receiver. Gabe could do worse.

If Marks signs with any NFL team it will be a great accomplishment. The super athletes who make an NFL team are the best of the best.

Any NFL player,despite any detractors,have surpassed their peers in making a pro team. Hats off to Jeff Tuel who made a lot of money and reached a pinnacle reached by a minority of college football players. Hell he can brag until the sun comes down.

Jeff Tuel and I approve of this post.
Beat me to it.

I can't keep track of who was a Tuel hater, but I've always said: the dude made the league. He made the fcking league. Doesn't matter if it was 2nd or 3rd string, he made it and was on an active roster. NOT a practice squad. If you look at the sheer numbers of players that try and fail, that is an accomplishment.

Having said that... there are only MAYBE 10 qb's in the NFL that are worth their paycheck, give or take a couple. However, Trent Dilfer proved that you don't have to be a top 10 qb/ game changer to win a ring, you can play in a system and just don't lose the game. I believe Tuel had that ability but teams are only looking for game changers now, not game managers.

One more step to this... Jeff Tuel started a game.

For the record, I was a big Tuel fan. And it is kind of sad. If not for that one errant Pick 6, Buffalo would have won that game and Tuel might still be in the NFL. Maybe the Bills starter. Coach should have called a run.

Jeff Tuel was a good QB who never had a chance to develop properly because of the crappy o-line.

He was too hesitant sometimes, but he was a methodical guy, and a guy who was gutsy despite the lack of talent around him.

Halliday was an impatient player. Tuel was a too patient player.

Falk leans to the Tuel side of things. He needs to be more authoritative. He's more decisive, but still not quite there in terms of striking that perfect balance of decisive patience.

That's just my assessment of the QBs the last 3 years. If Tuel / Falk switched places in time I think it would be a somewhat similar outcome believe it or not because the O-line really is what makes the difference.

Tom Brady epitomizes the guy that is fast, accurate, and decisive in his reads. As much as people want to hate on him, there is a reason he's the best. He plays like it. Just go through his highlights and watch how fast he makes his reads and then delivers. He probably goes through 4 reads in 2 seconds and has the ball out by the 3rd second most of the time. That's what separates the great from the good. The good from the decent etc.

How quickly you can make the right decision.

Falk is almost there, he just has to speed it up. Tuel had the intelligence as well, he also just needed to speed it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT