ADVERTISEMENT

Gameday

425cougfan

Hall Of Fame
Apr 23, 2011
I don't usually watch Gameday at this point, and I tend not to get too worked up about remarks someone might make. I am up doing stuff early today and have had it on in the background while in the room here today, though. They were just doing a "superdog" segment, and as they ran through some picks, one of the guys -- think it was McAfee -- picked Stanford to take out Cal. McAfee said something about how Stanford got its ass kicked last week but could come back strong this week, and, in a seemingly genuinely positive sense, cited the example of how WSU got beaten badly last week but then "we saw what they did to Colorado last night" or something similar, with the implication that Stanford could come back strong today. Then one of the other jackasses sarcastically said something like "saved their season, haha" -- might have been Stanford Steve, but it was hard to tell -- and McAfee said "shhhh" and a few of them guffawed like they always do.

Do these guys think they're subtle, that their mics aren't on, or something? It's bizarre how some of them would go out of their way to give WSU shit like that, and they clearly still have some grudge against WSU, even if McAfee apparently is trying to be on better behavior. Not the biggest deal, but it's more of a "WTF?" thing. This show used to be great and now it's unwatchable. Not just because of the WSU/McAfee thing. More that it's devoid of real analysis and at this point largely consists of constant lame jokes with them all chuckling loudly in the mics for 5 seconds over and over.

Wasn’t expecting a reference to Pole Assassin during the picks. Made me laugh.

I have no idea know who PFT Commentator is.

Reactions: Coug90
Wasn’t expecting a reference to Pole Assassin during the picks. Made me laugh.

I have no idea know who PFT Commentator is.
I turned it on for a bit. Enough to see Pat take off his shirt. What’s f’ing weirdo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT