ADVERTISEMENT

Gardner Minshew, the Heisman and Pre-season Expectations

What did you think WSU's final record would be before the season started?

• 3-9 (come on, man! That's harsh!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-8

• 5-7

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • 6-6

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • 7-5

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • 8-4

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • 9-3

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 10-2

• 11-1

• 12-0 (now I know you are lying or you were very drunk)

• Total voters

Flatlandcoug

Hall Of Fame
Aug 14, 2007
Wichita, Kansas
I was reading a couple articles today and I just find it unbelievably amazing that the guy who started out the season with Uncle Rico jokes being made about him is virtually guaranteed a spot in New York City if we win the final two games of the season.

Someone bumped a thread from mid-July started by CouginSpain who proclaimed that Minshew would be our starter. My thought at that time was, "Maybe". Hats off to the people who were confident in Gardner because he has definitely come through.

So....I'm curious before the season started, how many wins did you expect WSU this year? If someone put a gun to your head and said, "How many?", what would you have said. I thought seven. So, what was your best guess as to our regular season record on August 31st?

I was reading a couple articles today and I just find it unbelievably amazing that the guy who started out the season with Uncle Rico jokes being made about him is virtually guaranteed a spot in New York City if we win the final two games of the season.

Someone bumped a thread from mid-July started by CouginSpain who proclaimed that Minshew would be our starter. My thought at that time was, "Maybe". Hats off to the people who were confident in Gardner because he has definitely come through.

So....I'm curious before the season started, how many wins did you expect WSU this year? If someone put a gun to your head and said, "How many?", what would you have said. I thought seven. So, what was your best guess as to our regular season record on August 31st?
Five. If Leach guided them to seven I thought he was coach of the year. There was nothing in Minshews background that said Heisman contender and nothing ever shows his penchant for late scoring drives at half and at the end of the game. He has been nothing short of clutch and nothing short of amazing. And he could have half the stats at Alabama and they would win. His performance should win the Heisman.

Reactions: COUGinNCW
6. I thought bowl eligibility was a good goal for a rebuilding year.

Never been more happy to be wrong.

For perspective WSU started the year in the opener getting 3 pts. playing Wyoming.

Vegas had their win over/under at 5.5 . And every "expert" in the pre-season rags said to take the under.

I looked hard at the WSU over 5.5, but just could not pull the trigger. After watching Leach all of these years I should have slammed that one as well. But no like a dummy I bought into the narrative of too much uncertainty blah , blah.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT