ADVERTISEMENT

Get the popcorn

I'm glad that Leach got braced and I'm glad that Blanchette got braced.

I think recruiting is a weird answer though. Really lame for a team that has been out-recruited by every other team since the dawn of time.

I think Biggs or one of the other top Spokane posters said Blanchet just has it in for WSU.

Maybe he couldn't gain admission into WSU and had to settle for Gonzaga or U of I?

Or is because Blanchet doesn't like CML's support of our nation's 45th President?

There's NO LOGICAL REASON the lead columnist for the Spokesman-Review should be so anti-Coug football.

Sports journalists used to be harmless. It was journalism for jocks. Then, judging by the articles Yahoo and BR and Brands X/Y started pinging me with, at some point they became very important - and wise - members of our community. Everything is shot through the prism of how it relates to that journo's feelings, or Donald Trump, or some other such nonsense. The days of thick-skinned beat reporters who knew their place in the universe is over - it's all narcissists high on some greater mission and the self-important BS some journo professor filled their head with.

Sports journalists used to be harmless. It was journalism for jocks. Then, judging by the articles Yahoo and BR and Brands X/Y started pinging me with, at some point they became very important - and wise - members of our community. Everything is shot through the prism of how it relates to that journo's feelings, or Donald Trump, or some other such nonsense. The days of thick-skinned beat reporters who knew their place in the universe is over - it's all narcissists high on some greater mission and the self-important BS some journo professor filled their head with.

Thank you sir.

Blanchette was trolling trying to get Mike Price fired clear back in 1990.

Bet. This is probably a whole other thread, but this is a world sold on advertising (have worked in it...) and because of that, headlines create the "news" and generate the dollar.

The fact we're more worried about $ and not the truth...a pandora's box, if you will.

Reactions: GrayOnGray
Bet. This is probably a whole other thread, but this is a world sold on advertising (have worked in it...) and because of that, headlines create the "news" and generate the dollar.

The fact we're more worried about $ and not the truth...a pandora's box, if you will.
I have the ESPN & Yahoo apps and allowed push notifications, which generally let me know BIG news in the leagues I followed, plus kickoff notifications or final scores.

It worked, once.

At a certain point the strategy shifted, and I am now buried in push notifications with dozens of idiotic thinkpieces about the Kaepernick affair, or where two of ESPN's hot twentysomething ladies who never played ball break down Lamar Jackson's durability, or where Yahoo is urging me to tune into the Falcons "mounting a furious 4th quarter comeback" (they scored 9 points) against the Saints.

There is a market for keeping people informed, but to your point, these journo houses are increasingly not satisfied with this, and want to ram garbage down your throat 24/7. It went from major value-add to mail order spam.

I have the ESPN & Yahoo apps and allowed push notifications, which generally let me know BIG news in the leagues I followed, plus kickoff notifications or final scores.

It worked, once.

At a certain point the strategy shifted, and I am now buried in push notifications with dozens of idiotic thinkpieces about the Kaepernick affair, or where two of ESPN's hot twentysomething ladies who never played ball explain what they think about Lamar Jackson, or where Yahoo is urging me to tune into the Falcons "mounting a furious 4th quarter comeback" (they scored 9 points) against the Saints.

There is a market for keeping people informed, but to your point, these journo houses are increasingly not satisfied with this, and want to ram garbage down your throat 24/7. It went from major value-add to mail order spam.
Clicks clicks clicks. It's the same model from current events coverage/cable news. Gathering people around a table to blather about whatever's happening in a given moment is cheap and people watch. It happened fast. Started with the Gulf War, and by the time OJ happened it was basically over.

It worked, once.

At a certain point the strategy shifted, and I am now buried in push notifications with dozens of idiotic thinkpieces about the Kaepernick affair, or where two of ESPN's hot twentysomething ladies who never played ball explain what they think about Lamar Jackson, or where Yahoo is urging me to tune into the Falcons "mounting a furious 4th quarter comeback" (they scored 9 points) against the Saints.

I have ad blocker on everything. I unsubscribe to everything. I'll digest the news, whether it be sports, world affairs, etc. through many available sources, both sides of the lines. Usually I can figure out what is actual news by reading three different articles and seeing parallels and discard the rest.

It's sad that no one wants to actually report what is true. Headlines sell, but it's a trash product. ESPN should revert back, but they won't.

Reactions: earldacoug
Now hang on. That Falcons comeback was pretty nice... well, the highlight of the 2019 season anyway!

Those onside kicks were fun. Same place every time. Same guy for NO watching the ball and no one blocking off the first attacking line from a Atlanta.

You're familiar with John Canzano, I see.

I think Biggs or one of the other top Spokane posters said Blanchet just has it in for WSU.

Maybe he couldn't gain admission into WSU and had to settle for Gonzaga or U of I?

Or is because Blanchet doesn't like CML's support of our nation's 45th President?

There's NO LOGICAL REASON the lead columnist for the Spokesman-Review should be so anti-Coug football.

Biggs is neither top nor Spokane.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT