ADVERTISEMENT

Gonzaga Baseball field

Loyal Coug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 27, 2003
The blurb about the name/naming rights - Washington Trust - caught my eye.

It’s hard to find a square foot in Gonzaga’s athletic plant that hasn’t been named for a donor that bought a coat of paint – proof of the school’s gratitude. “When (athletic director) Mike Roth approached us, we thought it would be a great tribute,” said Pete Stanton, chairman and CEO of Washington Trust. “We’ve got plenty of billboards around. I’m a sports guy at heart and I’ve never been a big fan of all the stadiums being named after big companies anyway.“We’re happy to do it.”

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/may/10/john-blanchette-gonzagas-steve-hertz-may-retire-bu/#/0

Funny, Wa Trust's CEO is a Duck and a Husky. The COO is a Vandal and a Zag. Darn it.

WTB has a history of being very supportive of area schools and teams, WSU included. When I was on a Coug committee they did not hesitate with financial support. Having said that, GU has spent a number of decades conducting a master class in building a positive presence in the region.

WTB has a history of being very supportive of area schools and teams, WSU included. When I was on a Coug committee they did not hesitate with financial support. Having said that, GU has spent a number of decades conducting a master class in building a positive presence in the region.

Maybe we will soon be looking at John Olerud(s) Field at B-B stadium presented by......XXXXXX

Reactions: Cougzz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT