ADVERTISEMENT

Good Dickert interview...

Man, I don't know if AI could have designed a better coach for WSU than Coach Dickert. We need to be enjoying these times with him, he is going to be a great one.
We should all be grateful.

We need to savor this moment now, as we all know, a pickup truck full of cash is on its way, come late November/early December. Very sad. Unless....and I mean unless.....he is The Mark Few of Washington State.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BiggsCoug

We need to savor this moment now, as we all know, a pickup truck full of cash is on its way, come late November./early December. Very sad. Unless....and I mean unless.....he is The Mark Few of Washington State.
WSU has to do whatever it takes to retain him until we start competing in the reformed league.

We need to savor this moment now, as we all know, a pickup truck full of cash is on its way, come late November./early December. Very sad. Unless....and I mean unless.....he is The Mark Few of Washington State.

He very well could be a semi Mark Few of WSU. Leach turned down money for 8 years, before he left to Miss St.

If WSU goes 10-3, 11-2, 11-1, 12-0, AND if Dickert is offered enough money, if ever there was a WSU coach that could temporarily turn it down, and stay for 3,4,5,6,7 more years, before finally taking the money, going elsewhere, it's Dickert.

And that's because Dickert was born and raised in a small country town in Wisconsin, and played College football, and coached at small country town colleges in Wisconsin, Wyoming.

He truly sincerely loves WSU, Pullman. His wife, family love WSU, Pullman, his kids are in the Pullman public school system, and love it.

And in a interview Dickert had with various credible sources, Dickert told them that he didn't want to have a lifelong career of being a College Football HC, NFL coach, and that there was more important things then money, and that he might probably retire semi early from WSU, and might probably retire semi early being a College Football HC, coaching etc, after enough time, and then choose to do something else, other things with his life. But that for a semi long time, he likes, is going to be a College HC, WSU HC, etc.

Now that could change, and maybe that does change. Maybe he stays for a while like a Semi Mark Few. Maybe he leaves after 2,3,4,5,6 years, etc.

So WSU could have Dickert for 2,3 years to 5 years to 7 years to 10 to 13 years, before losing Dickert to either more money as a HC at a BIG TIME College, or to Semi Early Retirement.

However long Dickert Stays at WSU, WSU will be lucky to have him.

Last edited:
Reactions: M-I-Coug
I am saying this without disrespecting anyone, but would I have wanted Price forever? YES...without question.

Leach forever? YUP.

I in no way want to lose Dickert and we need to pony up to keep him.

But he's not Price or Leach to me.

Not yet anyway

I am saying this without disrespecting anyone, but would I have wanted Price forever? YES...without question.

Leach forever? YUP.

Not yet anyway

Right now...he's a guy we need to keep because he's been moderately successful. Until we have at least 10 wins in a season...he's not even in the same conversation as those guys. And frankly, because of our schedule this year, his status will depend on how we play in our bowl game/CFP game if those happen.

Right now...he's a guy we need to keep because he's been moderately successful. Until we have at least 10 wins in a season...he's not even in the same conversation as those guys. And frankly, because of our schedule this year, his status will depend on how we play in our bowl game/CFP game if those happen.
He’s somewhere between lifelong contract extension and back a moving truck up to his house.

I don't think just his W/L record reflects as his value as a coach. Look at how he interacts with his team and the fans. Great energy, well spoken, and for a few rare exceptions so far, his teams come to play and compete every week. I’d rather have Dickert than a lot of coaches at other P5s (Brian Kelly anyone?).

He’s in a position where all you can do is speculate now but I’d bet if he stayed 10+ years he’d end up on our Mr Rushmore of our coaches. 3 years and change we are starting to get an idea and the trajectory points up.

Reactions: mikalalas

He is already ahead of both Price's, Leach's early year Trajectory, tho Leach had to deal with Paul Wulf DUMPSTER FIRE.

Price in the early years, even tho he started 6-5, the table was laid, set for him by Dennis Erickson. After 6-5, he had 1 good season out of every 3 seasons, and the other 2 seasons out of 3 seasons, he was 3-8. That 1 good season out of 3 seasons, and 2 3-8 seasons out of 3 seasons, happened until 2000-2003(Price gets partial credit for 2003)

Leach was 3-9 2 out of first 3 years.

Dickert went about 3-2, 4-2, when took over for Rolo, got a AC semi blow out win.

Then went 4-0, 5-7, 3 point AC loss.

And 3-0, AC win this season.

So far Dickert has had better early WSU career years, then both Price, Leach, and so far on a higher projected, extrapolated trajectory, path, etc, then Price, Leach.

That could, semi maybe would change, but based on WSU Dickert's WSU RECORD 70 on PSU, Semi blowing out dominating a 66-21 TT, and beating UW, going 3-0, it's likely that Dickert finishes at least 10-3 at worst, which will put him way ahead of Price, Leach, in first 3 seasons, years comparison wise.

He’s somewhere between lifelong contract extension and back a moving truck up to his house.

I don't think just his W/L record reflects as his value as a coach. Look at how he interacts with his team and the fans. Great energy, well spoken, and for a few rare exceptions so far, his teams come to play and compete every week. I’d rather have Dickert than a lot of coaches at other P5s (Brian Kelly anyone?).

He’s in a position where all you can do is speculate now but I’d bet if he stayed 10+ years he’d end up on our Mr Rushmore of our coaches. 3 years and change we are starting to get an idea and the trajectory points up.

Agree completely that he is a great fit for the Cougs. The big question is whether or not the six game losing streak last year was just a freak thing or not. Another six game losing streak and we need to start being honest with ourselves. That said, I don't see another streak like that anytime soon.

Leach forever? YUP.

Not yet anyway
Fair.

That's all I have to say about that

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT