ADVERTISEMENT

Harrington with the ball is pure excitement

WASH ST A&M FAN

Head Coach
Sep 4, 2002
The reemergence of Keith Harrington was great to see yesterday.

The guy is a playmaker with the rock in his hands

The reemergence of Keith Harrington was great to see yesterday.

The guy is a playmaker with the rock in his hands
Great for depth, but I honestly don't see him moving ahead of Williams, Morrow, and Wicks. I expect Williams to become a star....and if he ran the ball 15-20 times a game (not happening in this offense or with the depth at RB), he would be getting a lot of notice.

I have a lot of respect for Harrington. He could have transferred out or be totally discouraged after last year's injury-riddled and wasted year. Keith continued to work hard and show a great work ethic. My guess is he will be a very important piece NEXT year, when Morrow and Wicks have graduated.

Glad Cougar

He will be an Important piece this year. For one it sounds like Morrow is getting some work in the slot, and he's always been a really good receiver. I think he's gonna be odd man out in the three man rotation, and may work into the rotation at slot.

Second, RBs get banged up. Would love to see all 4 of these guys go through a full fall camp and season unscathed, but odds are one of them will spend some time in the training room. Harrington will his share of work this year.

Morrow the odd man out? He arguably is the best of the bunch. He had the best ypc last year and only trailed Williams in total rushing by 8 yards with 12 fewer carries. Also a tough runner....not the speed of Harrington but he's harder to bring down. Also, better at hanging onto the ball....which was a big problem for Harrington a couple of years ago. Injuries will move Harrington up the ladder but I still expect him to be #4 come fall.

Nice problem to have.

Glad Cougar

Here's my half-arsed thought: Williams, not Harrington, pushes Morrow out of the rotation at RB and into the slot receiver position.

Harrington is exciting when he has the ball for two reasons:

1.) He probably has the most explosiveness of anybody on the team for this fall.
2.) It is always an adventure to see if he retains possession.

If he shows that he can hang onto the ball, he will see the field. If not at RB, then at inside receiver or as the 3rd receiver when we overload one side. There is no doubt about what he can do if he hangs on to the ball.

Morrow the odd man out? He arguably is the best of the bunch. He had the best ypc last year and only trailed Williams in total rushing by 8 yards with 12 fewer carries. Also a tough runner....not the speed of Harrington but he's harder to bring down. Also, better at hanging onto the ball....which was a big problem for Harrington a couple of years ago. Injuries will move Harrington up the ladder but I still expect him to be #4 come fall.

Nice problem to have.

Glad Cougar
I've got nothing against Morrow, I'd have given him more touches last year if it were me. I think he's just odd man out at RB more because he's a more polished receiver, then anything he's lacking as a back. I think if all four of these guys are healthy you e got to find away to get them all to involved.

I've got nothing against Morrow, I'd have given him more touches last year if it were me. I think he's just odd man out at RB more because he's a more polished receiver, then anything he's lacking as a back. I think if all four of these guys are healthy you e got to find away to get them all to involved.

Morrow has a minor wrist injury. He's not the odd man out.

I've always been of the opinion that depth is an illusion. The more quality RBs, the better.

Patrol, how big an illusion is dependent upon the angle at which you are looking down into the water. I always have a problem with judging depth...

;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT