ADVERTISEMENT

HBO Now....good ASU segment.....our turn Tonight.

M-I-Coug

Hall Of Fame
Oct 13, 2002
Mercer Island
So you can subscribe for a one week free trial. Tonight at 7pm, 24/7 HBO special on the COUGS.

Good stuff and quality overall, but I didn't care the narration guy. Sounded like the TV crime murder mystery guy. Overall, the ASU segment was very good.

Tonight should be interesting. Very nice work and quality.

Again, my feedback is the narrator sounds like you're watching Dateline NBC, a true crime series, anything but football.

Last edited:
Just finished watching the WSU episode. OMG the f-bombs! Loved it! I mean we all know what (a lot) of coaches are like, I guess I didn't expect it to be aired on HBO so much. Leach is hilarious, the team appears to still be excited to play, and I am a little more optimistic for the Oregon game.

Just finished watching the WSU episode. OMG the f-bombs! Loved it! I mean we all know what (a lot) of coaches are like, I guess I didn't expect it to be aired on HBO so much. Leach is hilarious, the team appears to still be excited to play, and I am a little more optimistic for the Oregon game.

I was a surprised how little game prep was showed. Leach obviously didn’t want to do that.

9,000 calories per day!

Couple of take aways:

I don't think I could play for Leach. I just don't find him inspirational. I suppose he probably knows that and thats why he has the assistants he does, but when he's rattling off rules or reminders or whatever, it just doesn't strike a chord.

This team still doesn't have an identity, and thats not good. AG - " We all know some crazy shit can happen"... you gotta let that go. Play in the present, but obviously its still weighing on them heavily. This team plays afraid, like their waiting for the other shoe to drop. Not sure you can change that at this point., and I don't think it bodes well for success the rest of the season. I hope they can beat the ducks and use that as the confidence booster they need.

Loved seeing the FOB. Looks great.

Campus looked great as well. What a great week for them to be there and film.

Couple of take aways:

I don't think I could play for Leach. I just don't find him inspirational. I suppose he probably knows that and thats why he has the assistants he does, but when he's rattling off rules or reminders or whatever, it just doesn't strike a chord.

This team still doesn't have an identity, and thats not good. AG - " We all know some crazy shit can happen"... you gotta let that go. Play in the present, but obviously its still weighing on them heavily. This team plays afraid, like their waiting for the other shoe to drop. Not sure you can change that at this point., and I don't think it bodes well for success the rest of the season. I hope they can beat the ducks and use that as the confidence booster they need.

“That’s not what we’re ****ing looking for.”

Couple of take aways:

I’m not sure how you can determine the team plays scared. Would have been an interesting before and after Clayes. I liked the energy from the defensive coaches. I think they are making huge strides on defense.

Virtual reality thing was cool. Training table thing was cool too. Pisses me off even more the fragility of our fans with the weather. The stadium looked empty during the filming of the game.

Reactions: walzuu
I’m not sure how you can determine the team plays scared. Would have been an interesting before and after Clayes. I liked the energy from the defensive coaches. I think they are making huge strides on defense.

Virtual reality thing was cool. Training table thing was cool too. Pisses me off even more the fragility of our fans with the weather. The stadium looked empty during the filming of the game.
I don't KNOW if they play scared, but the fact that he's bringing up a game from 4 weeks ago would lead me to believe as much.

Couple of take aways:

Its interesting you can make a judgement call like that as it's fairly obvious we only saw a small window into what the team is like.

They seemed about as loose as they could possibly be. My impression was they certainly have their share of fun.

After watching, it seemed like they were trying to fill big voids within the content they were looking to focus on. Lots of anecdotal commentary and side stories, but overall it was great to see our Cougs represented on HBO and get a glimpse of what happens behind the scenes. The training table is impressive! 9000 calories a day? Goddamn! I can barely get through 2000 in a day and I work out 6 days a week! But I eat like a squirrel anyways.

Pretty good episode. Agree with the f-bomb comment. Leach definitely tosses around the cuss words more often than ol' Herm did last week.

He and his staff have always been f word friendly. They "aint" going to church, they are playing a violent football game.

Couple of take aways:

Leach is certainly a weird cat and isn't a rah, rah, rah coach. That said, there are the moments where the curtain gets pulled back where you see why the players want to play for him. That awkward ass dive into the pool was a thing of beauty when it comes to letting the guys on the team know that he is willing to set aside his ego when needed. The grin on his face (featured in a still shot at the end of the episode) while the guys were getting after it during "bull in the ring" was the look of a guy who truly does love the intensity of the physical combat along the lines. Even though he never played football, there's a whole lot of old school football in the way that Mike approaches these players but he also embraces innovation and they respect the hell out of that.

I don't have a problem with our players remembering the UCLA debacle as long as they are going with the, "Let's crush these m'fers" and not playing with fear in their eyes. For a few minutes in the third quarter, I think there was a spot where our team had the potential to fold up. We did not play well coming out of the half and when CU scored to make it 24-10, you could actually hear the sound of 100,000 Coug fans around the country puckering up in unison. Fortunately, the offense responded and buried them to make the finish a laugher by the end.

I will say that HBO did a good job of making Pullman and WSU look like a good place to be for college...even though they did have to include a couple "small town" potshots anyway.

Last edited:
Just watched

Lots is F bombs
What an advertisement for WSU
Gordon and Borghi got lots of air time
The face time with GM was cool
Too bad for the weather
Go Cougs

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT