ADVERTISEMENT

how much of what we do on offense is Dickert?

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
Seems like the offense RARELY uses any mesh concepts over the middle and just resembles a dink and dunk offense.

I think defenses know what we are running and how to stop it.

I felt with Morris, and know do with Arbuckle, that Dickert is giving the offense a specific direction so we limit mistakes and turnovers. If true, in turn, we are limiting creativity and are predictable to stop. Maybe this will come out at some point, but there seems to be a fundamental issue our team has that we arent' fixing.

Well it is the same Cam run around sideline to sideline with a different offensive coordinator.

And the drive before the half with about 40 seconds on the clock and on about our end of the field, we have a receiver run a 2 yd out. He gets the ball and gets tackled in bounds.

Why is that route even part of the play in that situation?

You are either coaching it or allowing it to happen. That is on Dickert

Well it is the same Cam run around sideline to sideline with a different offensive coordinator.

And the drive before the half with about 40 seconds on the clock and on about our end of the field, we have a receiver run a 2 yd out. He gets the ball and gets tackled in bounds.

Why is that route even part of the play in that situation?

You are either coaching it or allowing it to happen. That is on Dickert
Eh…then you have to give him credit for what the offense was doing the first 4 weeks. Against OSU Cam threw a bomb on the first play! You think Jake was like…ah that’s cool let’s dink and dunk the rest of the year.

Heres what I think. This offense has some tells/tendencies that were exposed against UCLA. And teams have been feasting on it since. Arbuckle can’t figure out the adjustments needed and/or cam can’t execute on them. It’s that simple.

Aside from benching his QB (an option) or firing his OC (probably not an option now) what more can he do? Yes it all goes back to him and decisions he made about personnel and coaching. But he’s not an offensive coach and I doubt he has much input at all there.

Eh…then you have to give him credit for what the offense was doing the first 4 weeks. Against OSU Cam threw a bomb on the first play! You think Jake was like…ah that’s cool let’s dink and dunk the rest of the year.

Heres what I think. This offense has some tells/tendencies that were exposed against UCLA. And teams have been feasting on it since. Arbuckle can’t figure out the adjustments needed and/or cam can’t execute on them. It’s that simple.

Aside from benching his QB (an option) or firing his OC (probably not an option now) what more can he do? Yes it all goes back to him and decisions he made about personnel and coaching. But he’s not an offensive coach and I doubt he has much input at all there.

Sure I'll give him credit the first 4 weeks.

Seems like we went away from that to Eric Morris' playbook..except he was good inside the red zone

I think we're just a punch drunk and thin team, and it's been obvious since the UCLA game the coaches lack confidence in the OL.

I think it's 2 things -

Defenses are dropping 7-8, and taking away the middle. Once they do that, and Cam's first read isn't there, he freaks out and starts running around. Then the wheels come off.

Reactions: Coug90
When did Cam hold a team meeting and announce he wasn't running beyond the LOS anymore?
Not sure what he’s saving himself for. NFL is not interested in QBs that can only put up one TD against pedestrian defenses. He will be a FA, transfer, or try and reboot this again and come back next year, but assume he’d only come back if Arbuckle was back and there wasn’t a mass exodus on the offense.

Reactions: 702coug
It was interesting to hear Derek deis and Jessamine mcintyre on the postgame puzzled over our lack of adjustments to other teams vs their adjustments to us. They reqlly seemed a bit confused and dumbfounded about that. Like, what the hell is going on.

Interesting in that this was coming from members directly connected/employed via the university broadcast partnership. You usually don't hear those kinds of implied criticisms/questioning.

Also, when was the last time a running back caught a pass? That's all I have to say about that

Reactions: ATACFD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT