ADVERTISEMENT

How will the staff shape up?

Coug1990

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2002
From what I can put together, there are eight coaches hired provided Stutzmann is not hired as the head coach at Hawaii.

Brian Smith Offensive coordinator/RBs coach
Craig Stutzmann Passing game coordinator/QBs coach
Mark Weber Offensive line coach​

Jake Dickert Defensive coordinator/safeties coach
A.J. Cooper Defensive run game coordinator/DEs coach
John Richardson Cornerbacks coach

Michael Ghobrial Special teams coordinator

That leaves a linebacker coach, a defensive tackle coach and a wide receiver coach left to fill out the staff.

Bellantoni being retained?
I doubt it. But, I guess he could be interviewed tor the position. I do not remember him being mentioned in any of the recruiting articles. So, it does not appear that he is a good recruiter or at least he needs more time to make connections.

Sounds like Richardson is from the compton area....I sure hope the wr coach or someone else can also recruit Cali. Maybe they will hire Cedric Cormier or somebody else who can really recruit Southern California.

Be careful what you wish for in getting a SoCal recruiter. If you are after the top dozen names each year, you will need coffee cups of cash, a job for their dad, a house for the family in Riverside, an SUV from a booster, private school for their jr high/high school siblings, summer jobs for their college siblings....let's see...what have I missed? And that is just USC. Oregon has probably done worse recently, given their success.

Any PAC school with reasonable success can fill a class with 3 star kids here without egregious cheating. It is work. A lot of road trips. But it can be done, and if we had two guys that worked hard and two guys that worked adequately we could fill the class pretty easily. Getting the first two assistants who work hard is the hard part.

We don’t need the top talent from CA, we have shown we can thrive off second hand talent. We just need someone competent to show up and find athletes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT