I have changed my mind... I want Nevada

Cougini5591

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2022
Reno is still a fun place to Travel to.

If it gets UNLV... Great!

I will also accept and enjoy Wyoming and New Mexico

Apparently UNLV and Nevada's TV Ratings are beyond horrible. The locals don't care, and only a small percentage of hard core fans watch their games on TV. It's true.

Where are all these tv ratings powerhouse football programs coming from to rebuild the Pac?

There are none.

If tv ratings are going to happen it will be because the Pac State (get it, all state schools) built their brands and developed their tv ratings.

This is Loyal Coug chasing bar sluts at 2am. Not picky.

Reactions: WaltherPPK
Reno is still a fun place to Travel to.

If it gets UNLV... Great!

I will also accept and enjoy Wyoming and New Mexico
The only reason Nevada would be better than Hawaii is lower travel expenses. About the same level of support and commitment.

Apparently UNLV and Nevada's TV Ratings are beyond horrible. The locals don't care, and only a small percentage of hard core fans watch their games on TV. It's true.
Nevada’s average TV audience would fit in Martin stadium. And all of them could sit. UNLV’s is higher, but it’s still going to sell to county level advertisers, not state and certainly not national.

We just need one school with a pulse and a football team.
Okay, but it does three things:

1. Mountain West 2.0. Even though it's the Pac-12, it's MW 2.0.
2. Arguably the best G5 Conference in the country, (nobody cares).
3. Washington State is the USC of the Pac-12.

Doesn't change anything else. It's still a G5 conference.

Okay, but it does three things:

1. Mountain West 2.0. Even though it's the Pac-12, it's MW 2.0.
2. Arguably the best G5 Conference in the country, (nobody cares).
3. Washington State is the USC of the Pac-12.

Doesn't change anything else. It's still a G5 conference.
7 football schools isn’t even a G5

Theresa needs to learn risk mitigation today. Not tomorrow. Today.

Reactions: ATACFD
7 football schools isn’t even a G5

Theresa needs to learn risk mitigation today. Not tomorrow. Today.
We have a full year to poach, conquer, obtain, or whatever. I'm not nervous about finding the 8th school.

It just saddens me, like I'm sure you agree....the Pac-12 is not going to become a Power 5 conference in 2026. Just not happening.

Reactions: Coug-Vandal
UNLV and NV or just UNLV ?

Forget the past ! This is about the FUTURE !

LV is THE destination for a conf champ game AND a fun visit ! Its a TAG that makes any football game there on any given weekend a watchable contender !

GET UNLV and if necessary, take NV !

and ... the legal action is a smart move by the PAC 7 !

**** the left of liberal seattle TRASH !

We have a full year to poach, conquer, obtain, or whatever. I'm not nervous about finding the 8th school.

It just saddens me, like I'm sure you agree....the Pac-12 is not going to become a Power 5 conference in 2026. Just not happening.
Hard to create a power conference from non-power conference members. We're positioning ourselves to nab the fifth automatic berth to the CFP more often than not.

What I found interesting in reading this is realizing that some people here (and elsewhere in Coug land) apparently thought that we were ever going to be anything that was considered a Power 5 league. That was never going to happen. You can question whether or not the money we are losing on the buyout was worth the extra revenue per team that we'll get by picking the top teams from the MWC rather than a full merger, but in the long view....we are making the best of a bad situation.

My only complaint is that we never should have signed the contract last year with the poaching penalty on top of the buyout amounts. Those f#ckers would have eventually signed the contract without those penalties because they are too broke to turn down $15-20 million in free money. We were desperate and unwilling to fight and that deserves some criticism.

We needed to shed UNR, Hawaii, Wyoming, SJSU and New Mexico. The teams that we got all have the potential to grow into programs that fit a Power 5 profile. They need to invest in their programs...just like we need to....but over time, there's potential. No offense to Air Force but none of the service academies are on the national radar to go to power conferences. At this point, we need to hope that we can get to eight teams and that those eight teams can start going 4-1 or 3-2 against their OOC competition most years. We need the winners of the league to go 7-1 or 8-0 and that will consistently put a team in the CFP. It would be good if that league winner can get a CFP win every other year and get a team with a deep run in the CFP one time between now and 2030. It would be nice for the new league to win 40% of their games against the other major conference teams. Focus on home and homes with Big 12 and ACC teams. Try to work more with the bottom feeders of the B1G and SEC and avoid body bag games.

KSU was picked on because of their soft OOC schedules back in the 90's...but it didn't keep them from 11 win seasons and Top 10 finishes. The SEC spent more than a decade putting their thumb on the scale to artificially inflate their value as they built up their brand. Boise State has an artificially high brand value because they played well in their league and competitively in their 1 or 2 tough OOC games per year. That's got to be the blueprint for the new Pac-8 moving forward.

What I found interesting in reading this is realizing that some people here (and elsewhere in Coug land) apparently thought that we were ever going to be anything that was considered a Power 5 league. That was never going to happen. You can question whether or not the money we are losing on the buyout was worth the extra revenue per team that we'll get by picking the top teams from the MWC rather than a full merger, but in the long view....we are making the best of a bad situation.

My only complaint is that we never should have signed the contract last year with the poaching penalty on top of the buyout amounts. Those f#ckers would have eventually signed the contract without those penalties because they are too broke to turn down $15-20 million in free money. We were desperate and unwilling to fight and that deserves some criticism.

We needed to shed UNR, Hawaii, Wyoming, SJSU and New Mexico. The teams that we got all have the potential to grow into programs that fit a Power 5 profile. They need to invest in their programs...just like we need to....but over time, there's potential. No offense to Air Force but none of the service academies are on the national radar to go to power conferences. At this point, we need to hope that we can get to eight teams and that those eight teams can start going 4-1 or 3-2 against their OOC competition most years. We need the winners of the league to go 7-1 or 8-0 and that will consistently put a team in the CFP. It would be good if that league winner can get a CFP win every other year and get a team with a deep run in the CFP one time between now and 2030. It would be nice for the new league to win 40% of their games against the other major conference teams. Focus on home and homes with Big 12 and ACC teams. Try to work more with the bottom feeders of the B1G and SEC and avoid body bag games.

KSU was picked on because of their soft OOC schedules back in the 90's...but it didn't keep them from 11 win seasons and Top 10 finishes. The SEC spent more than a decade putting their thumb on the scale to artificially inflate their value as they built up their brand. Boise State has an artificially high brand value because they played well in their league and competitively in their 1 or 2 tough OOC games per year. That's got to be the blueprint for the new Pac-8 moving forward.
Agreed. Very well said.

Well I know one Coug (me) that knew and was preaching all along that we were not ever going to get back to P4/5 status.

On the contract? That was signed in December. How was our 2024 FB schedule shaking out around then? Face it - the MW threw us an expensive lifeline because they had all the cards and we had none. They shook up their entire league schedule to accommodate us and OSU. They threw in the poaching provision to protect against exactly what we just did. And, as stated in the agreement, the whole thing was predicated upon the assumption/hope that a merger (reverse or otherwise) would be the eventual result.

We were desperate. Unwilling to fight? Fight who?

Not nervous? Ok, let's say UNLV (and all of the other remaining MW teams) say no. Most are already signed on to staying if we can believe what we read. The top AAC teams said no.

So who will we get to be our 8th school?

Not nervous? Ok, let's say UNLV (and all of the other remaining MW teams) say no. Most are already signed on to staying if we can believe what we read. The top AAC teams said no.

So who will we get to be our 8th school?

Rice, Texas St, North Texas, Liberty(12-0, G5 champ), James Madison(JMU(G5 champ), Apalachian St(beats michigan types), NDSU the best of the best FCS last 50 years, that beats FBS, P4,5 on semi reg basis, that should be at the G5 level, instead of FCS. South Dakotah St, the same as NDSU, Gonzaga, St Mary(The 8 teams in the conference thing, does not mean that all 8 conference members have to be football, so having 1 of the 8 be a bball only, if can't get a good 8th football college, wouldn't be bad, and would be good.

There are talks going on between Gonzaga, St Mary's to potentially add them to PAC 8.

There are plenty of good options.

But that's IF IF PAC 7 does not get UNLV, or Airforce.

Well I know one Coug (me) that knew and was preaching all along that we were not ever going to get back to P4/5 status.

On the contract? That was signed in December. How was our 2024 FB schedule shaking out around then? Face it - the MW threw us an expensive lifeline because they had all the cards and we had none. They shook up their entire league schedule to accommodate us and OSU. They threw in the poaching provision to protect against exactly what we just did. And, as stated in the agreement, the whole thing was predicated upon the assumption/hope that a merger (reverse or otherwise) would be the eventual result.

We were desperate. Unwilling to fight? Fight who?

I'm saying that we could have (should have) told them to take their poaching penalty and shove it up their collective asses. We might have paid more up front, but they wouldn't have turned us down if we were willing to pay a bit more. I do think that it's a bitch chickenshit on our part to be filing a lawsuit if we can't prove that we disputed the legality of the poaching fees at the time.

In my obviously biased opinion, the MWC lost the moral high ground when they tried to blackmail us for the 2026 season. I'd feel more sorry for them if they hadn't tried to dramatically raise the cost for us to play. They went full blown FAFO and I'm betting that some of those teams are not happy they did. Our poaching fees will be a nice bump for the ones left behind, but money spends fast and they are going to find that it doesn't go far when spread among 7 teams. In two years, they'll be in worse shape than they are now. I feel bad that the current environment forced us to do this, but it's all about holding on as long as you can and they were not innocent in this tale.

UNLV and NV or just UNLV ?

Forget the past ! This is about the FUTURE !

LV is THE destination for a conf champ game AND a fun visit ! Its a TAG that makes any football game there on any given weekend a watchable contender !

GET UNLV and if necessary, take NV !

and ... the legal action is a smart move by the PAC 7 !

**** the left of liberal seattle TRASH !
I don't need you posting in bold type! What we need from you is more pics of beautiful boobs. Stay in your lane, please! Taihtsat

Rice, Texas St, North Texas, Liberty(12-0, G5 champ), James Madison(JMU(G5 champ), Apalachian St(beats michigan types), NDSU the best of the best FCS last 50 years, that beats FBS, P4,5 on semi reg basis, that should be at the G5 level, instead of FCS. South Dakotah St, the same as NDSU, Gonzaga, St Mary(The 8 teams in the conference thing, does not mean that all 8 conference members have to be football, so having 1 of the 8 be a bball only, if can't get a good 8th football college, wouldn't be bad, and would be good.

There are talks going on between Gonzaga, St Mary's to potentially add them to PAC 8.

There are plenty of good options.

But that's IF IF PAC 7 does not get UNLV, or Airforce.
Well Mik. My question was not directed to you. That said:

You are wrong (what a surpise) about all 8 FBS conference members not having to sponsor football. I hate to quote Wikipedia, but they do provide useful info. This is all about being an FBS conference. To qualify, among other things, you have to have 8 Football-playing members.

To go on, Dakota is not spelled Dakotah. For about the 10th time. We aren't getting any AAC teams. Do you even know where James Madison and Liberty are located? Hint - Virginia. Yeah they are logical candidates. But yeah your remaining list of a Sun Belt and 3 FCS teams will certainly qualify us as your "hyprid G5/P4 conference", and the relative ease of convenient travel will solve our budget woes.

Didn't I suggest that you just shut up for a while? Leave the commentary to the - what did you call me? - idiotic and something - posters.

Picking on Mik yet again?

Why?

For what purpose?
Because it brings me pleasure. No, not really. He calls me stupid and idiotic. I don't like that. He spews out incorrect information consistently, which I patiently correct. He spews out ridiculous and nonsensical numbers, notions, and conference scenarios. And just keeps spitting them out. Which is annoying. And when he occasionally lucks out and is correct about something, I give him his due.

Because it brings me pleasure. No, not really. He calls me stupid and idiotic. I don't like that. He spews out incorrect information consistently, which I patiently correct. He spews out ridiculous and nonsensical numbers, notions, and conference scenarios. And just keeps spitting them out. Which is annoying. And when he occasionally lucks out and is correct about something, I give him his due.

I did not specifically call you stupid, idiotic.

I said that what you were saying, advocating was stupid, idiotic, and that fortunately PAC leadership isn't going to listen to the stupid, idiotic things you said. And I explained why what you said was idiotic, stupid.

People, even smart people, sometimes do or say stupid, idiotic things, that does not necessarily have to mean that they are stupid, idiotic per se.

There is a difference between being stupid, idiotic, and doing, saying stupid, idiotic things, and being called stupid, idiotic.

Just because a person does, says a stupid, idiotic thing, and a person calls that stupid, idiotic, does not mean they are calling the person that did the stupid, idiotic thing, stupid, idiotic.

If I was to call you stupid, idiotic, I would say something like this. "Loyal is a stupid, idiotic person", instead of "That's a stupid, idiotic thing to say, do", and then explain why it's stupid, idiotic.

I did not specifically call you stupid, idiotic.

I said that what you were saying, advocating was stupid, idiotic, and that fortunately PAC leadership isn't going to listen to the stupid, idiotic things you said. And I explained why what you said was idiotic, stupid.

People, even smart people, sometimes do or say stupid, idiotic things, that does not necessarily have to mean that they are stupid, idiotic per se.

There is a difference between being stupid, idiotic, and doing, saying stupid, idiotic things, and being called stupid, idiotic.

Just because a person does, says a stupid, idiotic thing, and a person calls that stupid, idiotic, does not mean they are calling the person that did the stupid, idiotic thing, stupid, idiotic.

If I was to call you stupid, idiotic, I would say something like this. "Loyal is a stupid, idiotic person", instead of "That's a stupid, idiotic thing to say, do", and then explain why it's stupid, idiotic.
Well that clears things up. I guess I needed to see you use stupid, idiotic 15 times in a post to understand. Hmm - perhaps I am stupid and idiotic. :) Should I do a poll and have the entire Board weigh in? :)

Well that clears things up. I guess I needed to see you use stupid, idiotic 15 times in a post to understand. Hmm - perhaps I am stupid and idiotic. :) Should I do a poll and have the entire Board weigh in? :)
You might want to consider using the attorney's motto- never ask the question that you don't already know the answer to. ;-)

Meanwhile as you two fight amongst yourself, that some of us here do not care to scroll through. Let’s bring the topic back of who would fill the bill in the conference.

Meanwhile as you two fight amongst yourself, that some of us here do not care to scroll through. Let’s bring the topic back of who would fill the bill in the conference.

Rice, Texas St, North Texas, Tulsa, Liberty, James Madison, NDSU

I mean, I don’t know anyone else on the board that almost got stranded in Montana because he got is wallet snatched by a couple of truckstop ladies of the night 🤷

Reactions: Cougini5591
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT